average ilvl requirement for hof/terrace is dumb.

for alts, mainly. I dont want to do the rep grind to unlock all the factions again, so I can do MSV but not the other two instances.

my lock alt can already do more dps than most people I see in terrace, you get bads who have 496 boe gear but do 30k dps. meanwhile, thanks to rng (yay gold bags), I cant do 10 of the 16 bosses.

justice can upgrade 463s to 471, but getting jp is incredibly slow. is there ANY efficient way to get it quickly? even scenarios only give you like 100 a run. and 15 scenarios for 1 upgrade is just lame.
    Last edited by Moradim; 2012-12-12 at 01:21 AM.

a link to your alts armory can help us find upgrades for you
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

You could purchase some gear off the AH.

It's incredibly easy to get honored with Klaxxi and Golden Lotus, especially if you're already revered on your main. Do those two and buy the valor gear and you should be set or at least close. You can also get Conquest gear. It's not bad in the slightest, unlike PvP gear in previous expansions.

I agree that it sucks -- my lock had to wait way too long to get in, but a couple valor pieces fixed that.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

I know what I need, either JP upgrades (and justice is too slow to get, other than converting honor), or unlocking reps so I can buy the 489 items.

I guess the point is, 470 ilvl doesnt even prove you are competent enough to do well in a raid, I see bad people with good gear every day. also, I dont really see how 10 ilvl makes a difference from MSV to Terrace, when the fights are already tuned to be a joke.

Conquest gear is a guaranteed easy 483 each week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get 460. Run MSV. Get 476 drops. Eventually you'll get 470 and be abl to zone into the other 2. Oh you want it faster? Do dailies, get VP/JP and upgrade some pieces. Oh, you want it faster for NO EFFORT... gotcha. NO.

could the ilevel be dropped to 460 or so? Sure. IN the meantime, it is what it is. You can either do what you need to in order to get in or not.

Pre 5.1, I'd agree. Now though, unless you did the full questline on an alt before 5.1, you can hit honored with Klaxxi and Shado-Pan without ever doing a daily with them, so there's two 489 pieces after 3 weeks. Plus the JP upgrade system can help since 3k JP = 1 average ilvl increase for 463 to 471 on two pieces.

I still wouldn't bother leveling another alt for a month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Get 460. Run MSV. Get 476 drops. Eventually you'll get 470 and be abl to zone into the other 2. Oh you want it faster? Do dailies, get VP/JP and upgrade some pieces. Oh, you want it faster for NO EFFORT... gotcha. NO.

could the ilevel be dropped to 460 or so? Sure. IN the meantime, it is what it is. You can either do what you need to in order to get in or not.

got 6 bags of gold today.

my paladin already has 4pc tier and a sha weapon, so im pretty bored until raid time. it's just dumb that some pointless 470 requirement keeps me from doing the majority of the bosses, and in turn, gearing is slower. especially when I already do more dps than people who technically outgear me.

its not a big deal, just annoying. dont see why the requirement isnt 460 for all 3. it is LFR after all.

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    It's incredibly easy to get honored with Klaxxi and Golden Lotus, especially if you're already revered on your main. Do those two and buy the valor gear and you should be set or at least close. You can also get Conquest gear. It's not bad in the slightest, unlike PvP gear in previous expansions.

I agree that it sucks -- my lock had to wait way too long to get in, but a couple valor pieces fixed that.
    You actually get Revered with Klaxxi just by questing through the zone on an alt. My priest was revered at lvl 89. I also was able to do a few dailies, which surprisingly are not locked to lvl 90s. The problem is VP to buy rep gear.

I kinda agree with the OP, because the problem really is VP at this point.

My priest currently has the Sha of Anger boots, the Inscripton boa staff ( 476) and the two cloth epics that I bought. I also am cheating a little and bought a darkmoon trinket that I am not going to equip and will sell back. I am like 6 ilvls short of being able to run Terrace.

I am not really upset though, I just dinged 90 on him yesterday. Did 6 bosses LFR yesterday and 6 today. Only thing I really have left is Sha. I will be able to buy something for VP next week, but unless I get some LFR drops, it won´t be enough.

The other option is to run a crapload of scenerios.. they drop nice gear, and remember, even if it isn´t your spec, just having it in your backpack will increase your ilvl.

Don't forget that, if your main is Revered with a faction, you can get double reputation for your alt. It makes the rep grind much faster.

You can also always get some crafted gear to supplement your item level, and don't forget about alt runs/MSV pugs.

Otherwise, you'll just have to be patient. Blizzard has said that the alt experience is more punishing than they intended or than they like.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    You actually get Revered with Klaxxi just by questing through the zone on an alt. My priest was revered at lvl 89. I also was able to do a few dailies, which surprisingly are not locked to lvl 90s. The problem is VP to buy rep gear.

I kinda agree with the OP, because the problem really is VP at this point.

My priest currently has the Sha of Anger boots, the Inscripton boa staff ( 476) and the two cloth epics that I bought. I also am cheating a little and bought a darkmoon trinket that I am not going to equip and will sell back. I am like 6 ilvls short of being able to run Terrace.

I am not really upset though, I just dinged 90 on him yesterday. Did 6 bosses LFR yesterday and 6 today. Only thing I really have left is Sha. I will be able to buy something for VP next week, but unless I get some LFR drops, it won´t be enough.

The other option is to run a crapload of scenerios.. they drop nice gear, and remember, even if it isn´t your spec, just having it in your backpack will increase your ilvl.
    I am kinda hoping for one of the new 476 random epics from scenarios, although im assuming the drop rate is really, really low.

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    especially when I already do more dps than people who technically outgear me.
    How will scrubs in 460 gear possibly down bosses when they don't have awesome players like you to carry them to victory?

Yes, I phrased that like an arse but if you take the average bad person in HoF lfr and drop their ilevel by 10 what do you think the outcome will be? The req's are built around bad players, not ones who play to their gears potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    How will scrubs in 460 gear possibly down bosses when they don't have awesome players like you to carry them to victory?

Yes, I phrased that like an arse but if you take the average bad person in HoF lfr and drop their ilevel by 10 what do you think the outcome will be? The req's are built around bad players, not ones who play to their gears potential.
    true enough, it's not like im the best player ever, I just get annoyed cause I can do better than a lot of what I see in LFR but can only do 6/16 for now.

but you're right, if the bar is lowered more, things will be even worse.

Warlocks have it easy with gearing. Crafted cloth BoE's are by far the cheapest on the AH. Crafted epic offhand is really cheap on my server, too. Free Sha boots. You get well into revered Klaxxi just questing and in less than a week of dailies can get exalted which nets you a 489 ring. Daily dungeon/scenario gets you decent valor and a bit of justice. Upgrade some blues, buy a piece of valor gear. Voila!