Unohana isn't one of the most badass, it seems she IS the most badass around.

And i doubt to be Captain-Commander you only need strenght. You need to be wise and know how to lead too. Shinsui knows what he is doing apparently. But yes, in terms of strenght Shinsui would not come close to be able to use your enemy's ashe's and stuff. But we have no clue about his bankai yet so he might be a lot more powerfull then we think.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Ichigo is in that pool of blood, a long with Renji, and both of them got healed pretty fast. I don't know that guy's name but he was pretty impressed that both of them healed fast, especially Ichigo. Weird thing about that pool is that it damaged the other two guys... I mean, isn't that supposed to heal you? I don't get it, why did they get hurt? And, apparently, this medic is/was the fastest guy on SS, so it's safe to assume that not even Yoruichi is faster than him.
    I guess because it is from hell or something. Or maybe you need to be drained or be able to resist up to a level or Reiatsu

Also, did you notice the Yachiru part? HAHAHAH! That little girl is what? Her?!???! WTF! I'm super confused right now.
    And your confusing me here! D: Would it mean that the small pink haired Yachiru is named after Unohana? Or is Yachiru the name for a female Kenpachi? >.<
    Last edited by Kaj392; 2012-12-12 at 12:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    Unohana isn't one of the most badass, it seems she IS the most badass around.

And i doubt to be Captain-Commander you only need strenght. You need to be wise and know how to lead too. Shinsui knows what he is doing apparently. But yes, in terms of strenght Shinsui would not come close to be able to use your enemy's ashe's and stuff. But we have no clue about his bankai yet so he might be a lot more powerfull then we think.
    She is the most badass indeed, even if we haven't seen her in action. xD

Nah, she has everything. Thing is, she is FEARED, so, guess why she didn't get picked. Giving someone like her the "power" of a Captain Commander doesn't seem wise, in those 42 guys' eyes.

I think she would be better at being a Captain Commander than Kyouraku tbh, but I think he suits it well too, considering he was his pupil, Yama ji's.

---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 12:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    First of all, we learn that Zaraki is going to be taught to kill... funny how he manages that quite well already. You know he's going to come out of that training with at least a shikai release! Imagine him with a bankai :S
    He already has shikai release.

It's just like Ichigo's, his is also in shikai release, all the time, because of their monstrous reiatsu. I'm just going to assume that he's atleast going to learn how to speak to his zanpakotou and its abilities, probably bankai, but I don't think so, if he does though, I doubt he'll be able to control it properly to the point of not damaging others near him.
    I had a feeling Kyouraku would be Captain Commander. He has the leadership skills and, tbf, we've still yet to see his bankai. Isn't he scared of using it? Or was that Ukitake? I forget :S
    It's Kyouraku, although, we haven't seen/heard anything about Ukitake's.
    The fact that Unohana's name is Yachiru, proves that she is the Kenpachi that Zaraki admires the most. He named little Yachiru after her because of it!
    And surely, for her to be the first, she has to be close to the age of Yamamoto?
    I didn't remember that, but the if that's true, damn, that's pretty amazing. I would have never thought of it.

Hm, if she's the fist Kenpachi, I'm going to assume she's even older than Yama ji himself, a lot older, like, A LOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    My jaw..

Just hit the floor..

From the confirmed spoilers and pictures for this chapter..

I just....

....Anyone who loves Unohana will be happy.
    Fooooooock!!

I was expecting her to be something like this for a long time already actually. Especially when she would look at the captains in an intimidating fashion.

Deleted
    Now that I think about it, for her to be the first Kenpachi but, turn to healing others instead, I'm guessing she was scared of fighting eventually. Maybe she got tired of killing so many people/hollows/Quincy. Oh! Maybe she turned to healing after killing loads of Quincy in the war?!

Awesome... now I already want the next chapter to be out!
    I don't know but I'm going to assume she got tired of it, tired of killing. That's probably one of the reasons she didn't do anything during the attack on SS.

I think she wants to heal rather than damage now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Fooooooock!!

I was expecting her to be something like this for a long time already actually. Especially when she would look at the captains in an intimidating fashion.
    Hehe, I never thought about it.

I knew she was super wtf strong and gave the look just to be funny and scare people, for the fun, but I never thought she would be this strong!

10+ Year Old Account
    BEST!

CHAPTER!

EEEVVVVEEEERRRRRRR!

Where do I fucking start? I guess the start is a good idea . Shunsui is the new Captain Commander.... I fucking CALLED it! I think he'll be awesome, he's EASILY one of the strongest captains out there, lets not forget they only reason we've not seen his Bankai yet is it's so powerful others may be caught up in it and injured... Does that remind you of a different, firebased Bankai we saw recently? Add in that since Yama-ji bit the dust he's REALLY stepped up and led Soul Society through a tricky time, I think he was the natural choice to take the top role. Interesting though... That DOES free up his old captaincy *cough*Ichigo*cough*

Then we have Ichigo and Renji who are now fully healed... cool, seems Ichigo impressed stupid-hair, which is apparently quite hard. Then we hear the Soul King has "Fallen" for him... wtf does that mean? I'm assuming it's something to do with his summons, but still.... wtf?

Then we have Shunsui's first mission aa Captain Commander... To teach Zaraki the "Art of Killing" by this I assume they mean he'll be rocking Kendo right from the start, instead of saving it for his "Ace in the Whole" which means he's going to be one SCARY motherfucker! The REALLY scary part.... Look whose freaking teaching him... Unohana ......wait for it........ Yachiru? the FIRST FUCKING KENPACHI also, apparently the little Yachiru's Namesake! Holy Hell she looks scary in that last pic :S, I can't WAIT to see her fight... can't wait to see her try and teach Kanpachi you think she'll throw a few lessons to her namesake as well while she's there? Maybe get a little kittie bankai?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Ah, of course! I completely forgot that :S I do remember that he couldn't even hear his own zanpakutou screaming. So hopefully, he will be taught to, at the very least, communicate.

Now that I think about it, for her to be the first Kenpachi but, turn to healing others instead, I'm guessing she was scared of fighting eventually. Maybe she got tired of killing so many people/hollows/Quincy. Oh! Maybe she turned to healing after killing loads of Quincy in the war?!
    During the Zanpakutō Unknown Tales arc it was stated that if Kenpachi ever got Bankai it would end the world. But what if he learned how to control his strenght, his joy in fighting. What if he uses his strenght to obliterate his enemy's instead of 'toying' with them. It should mean he could be able to learn it then...

I guess Unohana went healing cause of her strenght and the fear she brought to people around her (they still fear her) and maybe for the new guys she didn't want to be feared or something?

Sigh...i want a new chapter every day
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Then we have Ichigo and Renji who are now fully healed... cool, seems Ichigo impressed stupid-hair, which is apparently quite hard. Then we hear the Soul King has "Fallen" for him... wtf does that mean? I'm assuming it's something to do with his summons, but still.... wtf?
    I think it just means that the Soul King has a like for Ichigo, meaning that he's interested in him. I mean, he's a human after all...

Also, in case some people didn't see it, I'll just embedded it.

Does this mean that her Bankai could be something like this?

Also, please notice the right side of the cloud, if you look closely, you'll see an eye. What I'm thinking about this is, her shikai is a monster or a creature that has also one eye, and it's colour is grey/dark green, with a mix of dark/shallow yellow. It's possible that in its bankai state, it can turn into black and transform into that way.

Thoughts?

Does this mean that her Bankai could be something like this?

Also, please notice the right side of the cloud, if you look closely, you'll see an eye. What I'm thinking about this is, her shikai is a monster or a creature that has also one eye, and it's colour is grey/dark green, with a mix of dark/shallow yellow. It's possible that in its bankai state, it can turn into black and transform into that way.

Thoughts?
    Seems plausible. But isn't this just fan art?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Seems plausible. But isn't this just fan art?
    I have no idea.

But I think it doesn't matter, it's just more "fuel" for us to make more theories about everything in Bleach.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit, i swear this manga better come out as Anime, i HAVE to see her fight.

Meh I did a drive-by read this morning and didn't get to pay close attention since I had to drive to school and study for my final in an hour, but I relooked at last page.

I'd wager $10 none of you noticed Shunshei's eyepatch wasn't drawn. (I know it's not supposed to be shown, but the straps holding it up aren't drawn over the right side of his face.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you think Kenny or Yachiru know at all that Unohana was the first Kenpachi?
    Cause it appears they both seemed to have named themselves after a person they've heard tales of rather than met or seen.
    Either way I hope Kenny learns his zanpakto's name and how to bankai with it, if this is the last arc then I feel it would be a great way to wrap up his character.

The stuff with Unohana seems fantastic. I'll be honest she's never really appealed to me as a character as she's always been very reserved, knowing why she has kinda turned my opinion of her on it's head.

Guys.

The Art of Killing=Kenjutsu.

Yamamoto trained Kenpachi in it for one day and noticed how much of the hang of it, plus how strong he was with it.

That's why he stopped. Kenpachi, this entire time, has just been powerful because of his ludicrous Battle Instinct and Reiatsu.

If he gains some actual legit swordsmanship? Holy fuck.

Also way to go Renji, manning up with that punch. Christ he has really grown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Guys.

The Art of Killing=Kenjutsu.

Yamamoto trained Kenpachi in it for one day and noticed how much of the hang of it, plus how strong he was with it.

That's why he stopped. Kenpachi, this entire time, has just been powerful because of his ludicrous Battle Instinct and Reiatsu.

If he gains some actual legit swordsmanship? Holy fuck.
    Yeah, I know remember that.

It's that stance that he uses, holding his sword with both hands, I think it's that. I don't know but he gained a lot of power/force, when he was fighting the 5 Espada, when he hold his sword with both hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just so you guys know, that pic on unohana with that gas cloug/beast thing, it looks more like a fanart than from kubo

Quote Originally Posted by Ridesdel View Post
    Just so you guys know, that pic on unohana with that gas cloug/beast thing, it looks more like a fanart than from kubo
    It is fan art.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridesdel View Post
    Yeah, it's probable but it's better than nothing.

Yeah, it's probable but it's better than nothing.
    Kubo said in an interview, along with all that other information I had from it, that when we see Unohana in battle we'll see the true form of her Zanpaktou.

Meaning, that Manta Ray may just be a sub form like Whats His Face in Squad 11.

Deleted
    Well, one thing I'm still wondering about is her shikai's form.

If she's the Kenpachi, the first one, how the hell does her Manta fight? I mean, I can get the whole ripping/bitten people/Hollows but that seems, just, I don't know, odd?

Unless she can make her zanapakotou transform into anything, in its shikai form, as she wishes with the powers she wants, but that seems just absurdly OP.

Unless her Manta can also do the opposite of healing, which is killing, still, bah, we know nothing, I don't know what it could be.

Deleted
    I wouldn't have figured that out, since Japanese isn't my language.