how do you get JP fast, other than converting honor

cause I dont feel like being bent over on my undergeared alt in bgs, and it seems like getting 1500jp for upgrading blues takes forever.

do cata instances give jp?

if not, whats the best way to get jp now?

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    cause I dont feel like being bent over on my undergeared alt in bgs, and it seems like getting 1500jp for upgrading blues takes forever.

do cata instances give jp?

if not, whats the best way to get jp now?
    Yesterday I noticed after doing a scenario (first one of the day, not capped on valor) I got my 40 valor but I also got 40 JP. Or at least it said I received 40 JP. 40 JP for 10-15 minutes is probably not that fast though.

Deleted
    Run Heroic MoP instances? that's pretty fast at 30(?) JP per boss?

10+ Year Old Account
    When the AV week thing was on I just signed up until I maxed out the honor, trade that in for JP. That time has past now.. I guess run old content or scenarios.

10+ Year Old Account
    random queue for heroic dungeons. Rarely get bad groups now.

Queue with friends for even faster runs, and maybe even achievements. rand dungeons for 2 hours last night, got ~1800 jp

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    random queue for heroic dungeons. Rarely get bad groups now.

Queue with friends for even faster runs, and maybe even achievements. rand dungeons for 2 hours last night, got ~1800 jp
    If you got ~1800 JP from nothing but dungeon running, assuming you have the +20% JP guild perk, you get 42 JP per heroic boss, so that would be ~43 Heroic bosses. Assuming the average Heroic has 4 bosses, that's basically 11 heroics. 120m/11 = 10.9m or we'll just say a nice even 11minute per clear.

So, in order to get ~1800JP in 2 hours, you would have to full clear a heroic every 11 minutes for 2 hours straight without any pause or break, which includes queue time for the next heroic.

So yes, if you have a dedicated tank that is going to run for 2 hours, no one needs to stop for bio-breaks, smoke breaks, net issues, and other random PuG holdups, and you are geared enough you just chain pull and nuke everything in seconds, then sure, I guess maybe you are able to get that much JP in that amount of time.

However, if any of that doesn't hold true (ESPECIALLY if you lack the dedicated tank part! Woe to the lone DPS trying to farm several heroics) then I believe that rate is going to drastically plummet.

What I am surprised in MoP is how it seems to be easier to get VP than JP. Daily quests give 5 VP, but 0 JP? Huh?! You'd think you'd get 5 VP, and 5-10JP from dailies, since JP is the lower value currency to purchase lower quality gear, which is worse than 463 heroic blues, yet the best way to farm JP (other than converting HP) is through heroics. Yet, given how little each boss gives in MoP compared to Cata, you stand a good chance to not actually need the JP gear once you have enough to actually buy anything.
    Last edited by Deathgoose; 2012-12-12 at 05:14 PM.

Its not as bad as its being made out to be, with 4 bosses you actually make more JP than you would of made in Cataclysm regulars. And you make Valor at the same time. 42 JP per boss for 4 bosses =168 JP and Cata was 150. Sure there are dungeons with 3 bosses but you also get far less trash then you use to have in catacylsm so in fact you spend far less time making more justice points than you could in cata. You just have to change your mindset from 1 dose of JP at the end and change to getting smaller amounts several times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Its not as bad as its being made out to be, with 4 bosses you actually make more JP than you would of made in Cataclysm regulars. And you make Valor at the same time. 42 JP per boss for 4 bosses =168 JP and Cata was 150. Sure there are dungeons with 3 bosses but you also get far less trash then you use to have in catacylsm so in fact you spend far less time making more justice points than you could in cata. You just have to change your mindset from 1 dose of JP at the end and change to getting smaller amounts several times.
    Cata heroic bosses gave 70 JP per kill (77 with the 10% JP guild perk. The 20% didn't exist then). Even a small 3 boss heroic gave 210 (231). That was in addition to the 150VP you got for each heroic, allowing you to cap weekly valor in 7 heroics.

10+ Year Old Account
    1500 =/= to 1800 sorry bout that. finger must of slipped while using the numpad see sig for reason.

But yeah we had a 490+ geared group of guildies with our main tank and Instant queued. pulled all the things, 1 min boss kills, this was during our normal raid time so everyone's schedules were clear and internets are good. Rotate bios and beer runs during trash pulls.

Still queue'ing for normals as a single dps isn't terrible. Do it at the beginning of the week when the raiders are grabbing their valor for upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    Cata heroic bosses gave 70 JP per kill (77 with the 10% JP guild perk. The 20% didn't exist then). Even a small 3 boss heroic gave 210 (231). That was in addition to the 150VP you got for each heroic, allowing you to cap weekly valor in 7 heroics.
    only the level 85 heroic dungeons gave 77 per kill.

BRC, Throne of the tides, Vortex Pentacle, and stone core didn't give JP per boss IIRC

10+ Year Old Account
    Best way is to do scenarios! Seriously. 84jp per scenario, 15 minutes or so for each one, or about 400 JP an hour. Not bad.

Well you could do that AND run dungeons from time to time, but there isn't a really speedy way to make JP, unfortunately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Best way is to do scenarios! Seriously. 84jp per scenario, 15 minutes or so for each one, or about 400 JP an hour. Not bad.

Well you could do that AND run dungeons from time to time, but there isn't a really speedy way to make JP, unfortunately.
    I guess that's my point.

They fully HALVED the JP per heroic boss from 70 (before perks) to 35! So, JP acquisition has been slowed down compared to Cata?

Okay, well, surely the gear will be worth it? Wait, no, JP gear was on par with 5-man heroic blues in Cata, yet the JP gear you buy in MoP is WORSE than the 463 5-mans. It was 450, but they at least buffed it to 458, but that's still worse than the 5-man gear.

So they not only slowed down acquisition, but they also made what you buy with it comparitively worse, and I don't see what the point to that really was.

(Other than I feel that is one of the many things that make MoP seem "main friendly/alt unfriendly", but that's another subject)

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    I guess that's my point.

They fully HALVED the JP per heroic boss from 70 (before perks) to 35! So, JP acquisition has been slowed down compared to Cata?

Okay, well, surely the gear will be worth it? Wait, no, JP gear was on par with 5-man heroic blues in Cata, yet the JP gear you buy in MoP is WORSE than the 463 5-mans. It was 450, but they at least buffed it to 458, but that's still worse than the 5-man gear.

So they not only slowed down acquisition, but they also made what you buy with it comparitively worse, and I don't see what the point to that really was.

(Other than I feel that is one of the many things that make MoP seem "main friendly/alt unfriendly", but that's another subject)
    The point was that they didn't want you to max out JP as quickly, and they didn't want JP gearing to go as fast as before (it was way too fast in Cata).

i want to upgrade some of my blues to get to 470 for lfr (have some epics but a lot of blues still)

it does seem odd how VP is faster than JP acquisition.

Dunno I did the pvp and converted honor to jp and even losing 50% of the matches I still acquired jp faster than I did when attempting heroics/scenarios and that is

Of course I had no dedicated tank when I did heroics so each 15-20 minute queue could of been better spent in a battleground, even a lost pvp match earns you more points than standing around in stormwind waiting on a pve queue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    The point was that they didn't want you to max out JP as quickly, and they didn't want JP gearing to go as fast as before (it was way too fast in Cata).
    So instead, I can take a freshly dinged 90 and outfit them in a full set of the easily crafted 450 blues, which are only 8 iLvL points worse than the JP gear? (And shit, at the beginning of MoP, the JP gear WAS only 450!!!)

Sadly there is no "quick" way to earn JP. Heroic spam, HP conversion... That's about it.

Nothing comes free, everything comes with a cost. In many cases with WoW the cost is time.

Good luck! Give it some time and you'll be pwning noobs in no time.