Page 22 of 70 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    Hello guys,

I was wondering if someone could help me out decide if it a big upgrade for my Off-Spec (Windwalker) these shoulders: Netherrealm Shoulderpads.
    It's an item level upgrade, so it's an upgrade. You can move around green stats with reforging, but getting extra agi is always your priority.

---------- Post added 2012-12-10 at 04:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi87 View Post
    I've seen a lot of Monks saying they are skipping both as they can't use FoF continously on many encounters as there's a lot of movement. I think the choice of going for the set bonuses are gameplay dependent.
    I don't have either yet, just because the stars haven't aligned. The gain/loss is so miniscule that it's better to have them than not. The ascension change made FoF more attractive, so I'm using it more, even if I don't get a full channel off and the boss moves around.

So I was looking at the top WW monks on my server and I noticed someone wearing two 489 Gara'kals and both are transmogged to look like Claws of Shek'zeer (RF). The other spec they use is Brewmaster so I would imagine they'd have taken the +500 Agility gem so the question is:

Why would someone take a single Gara'kal over a single Claws of Shek'zeer? Would the 500 extra top-end damage be worth more than +500 agility?
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    So I was looking at the top WW monks on my server and I noticed someone wearing two 489 Gara'kals and both are transmogged to look like Claws of Shek'zeer (RF). The other spec they use is Brewmaster so I would imagine they'd have taken the +500 Agility gem so the question is:

Why would someone take a single Gara'kal over a single Claws of Shek'zeer? Would the 500 extra top-end damage be worth more than +500 agility?
    I think most people refuse to gem the RF weapons if they have a chance to get the normal mode one.

I gemmed my lfr staff because i tought id not get shekzeer or tsulong on normal in a bit, 2 weeks later i join a new guild and get the 496 tsulong staff, 10k down the drain.

Quote Originally Posted by Drarion View Post
    I think most people refuse to gem the RF weapons if they have a chance to get the normal mode one.

I gemmed my lfr staff because i tought id not get shekzeer or tsulong on normal in a bit, 2 weeks later i join a new guild and get the 496 tsulong staff, 10k down the drain.
    Well i was stupid and took the intell gem wihtout having a wep and suddenly i have the tsulong staff and need agem. so i had to delete my +500intel gem. HURRAY

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatuin View Post
    Well i was stupid and took the intell gem wihtout having a wep and suddenly i have the tsulong staff and need agem. so i had to delete my +500intel gem. HURRAY
    No? you can buy a new gem from wrathion, you can have more than 1 of each but only 1 equipped?

No? you can buy a new gem from wrathion, you can have more than 1 of each but only 1 equipped?
    U can only have 1 gem in your bag/bank at a time. And since i didnt wanna gem 500intel in agi wep cuz i still needed the 500agi i had to delete it. I made a ticket and asked about it also

He'll only give you the option to buy a gem if you don't have any in your bags whatsoever, e.g. gemmed in a weapon already.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatuin View Post
    U can only have 1 gem in your bag/bank at a time. And since i didnt wanna gem 500intel in agi wep cuz i still needed the 500agi i had to delete it. I made a ticket and asked about it also
    Heh that's a bit stupid from Blizzards side, we need to delete the weapon? I've made a ticket and asked about how this worked previously and it wasn't mentioned to me by any of the GM's. I'm sure some people would like to keep their weapon for transmog purposes since the colours differ.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi87 View Post
    Heh that's a bit stupid from Blizzards side, we need to delete the weapon? I've made a ticket and asked about how this worked previously and it wasn't mentioned to me by any of the GM's. I'm sure some people would like to keep their weapon for transmog purposes since the colours differ.
    well if u have the gem in a wep its fine. but u cant have 2 un gemmed legendery gems at the same time

My guild is going to be taking a raid break for potentially three weeks (or so, depending on who can still raid in the coming semester) so I'm just going to do my LFRs and finish up my daily hubs in the meantime. This leads to a rather common but admittedly confusing question:

I have Claws of Shek'zeer (LFR) and my offhand is just an ilvl463 mace. If I don't get an upgrade for the off-hand, would Gao-Rei (LFR) actually be better DPS?
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]

Deleted
    It shouldn't be. DW is doing about equal damage if your offhand is 26 ilvls behind your MH (which in turn is the same ilvl as the 2h). Yours is 20 below, and should be only 12 behind assuming item upgrades and also assuming that you do not want to upgrade either LFR weapon.

My guild is going to be taking a raid break for potentially three weeks (or so, depending on who can still raid in the coming semester) so I'm just going to do my LFRs and finish up my daily hubs in the meantime. This leads to a rather common but admittedly confusing question:

I have Claws of Shek'zeer (LFR) and my offhand is just an ilvl463 mace. If I don't get an upgrade for the off-hand, would Gao-Rei (LFR) actually be better DPS?
    Yes. DW is best DPS.

1. Claws of Shek'zeer (H) + Claws of Shek'zeer (H)
    2. Claws of Shek'zeer (H) + Gara'kal (H)
    3. Gao-Rei (H)
    4. Gara'kal (H) + Gara'kal (H)
    5. Claws of Shek'zeer (REG) + Claws of Shek'zeer (REG)
    6. Claws of Shek'zeer (REG) + Gara'kal (REG)
    7. Gara'kal (REG) + Gara'kal (REG)
    8. Gao-Rei (REG)
    9. Gao-Rei (LFR)
    10. Gara'kal (REG) + 463
    11. Claws of Shek'zeer (LFR) + 463
    12. Gara'kal (LFR) + 463
    13. 463 + 463

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by prestilence View Post
    <snip>
    You missed Gara'kal (H) + Claws (REG + gem) which is afaik better than double Gara'jal (H), not sure where I'd put it in relation to Gao-Rei (H) though.

Quote Originally Posted by Avalya View Post
    It shouldn't be. DW is doing about equal damage if your offhand is 26 ilvls behind your MH (which in turn is the same ilvl as the 2h). Yours is 20 below, and should be only 12 behind assuming item upgrades and also assuming that you do not want to upgrade either LFR weapon.
    Yea the staff is going to be better for a few reasons.
    Sha touched gem slot
    Greater overall stats from the staff than the LFR + 463 weapons.

2h=+speed
    1h=+damage

so the 2h is gained stats + faster-lower melee damage
    so the 1h is two windsong procs + slower- higher melee damage

The balance between the staff bonus speed and the actual speed difference of the staff weapon to the fist weapons balances itself out
    which is why the 1h fist weapons surpass the 2h weapons.

Examples, (probably not actual): Staff speed 3.5
    fist speed 2
    that 1.5 difference in attack time is balanced out by the staff bonus attack speed
    making only 1 seperation, damage.

So the choice is take a weapon that attacks just as fast as my 1handers?
    or take a weapon somewhat as fast as my staff, can proc windsong 2x and stackable, and the passive has higher damage

There are more things to consider in maximizing DPS than just ilvl.

(again, the examples data is a quess.. no sources at this time to make an accurate comparrison. But I do know there is large difference between staff attack speed and a 1 hander)

---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 06:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thisisanalt View Post
    You missed Gara'kal (H) + Claws (REG + gem) which is afaik better than double Gara'jal (H), not sure where I'd put it in relation to Gao-Rei (H) though.
    Correct. I'd say that Gara'kal (H) + Claws (REG + gem) > Gao-Rei (H)with gem for overall dps.
    quick burst, questing, ganking, killing trash = staff
    overall boss fight= Duel weild for sure.

Deleted
    So hows the new ilvl 496 Valor trinket added in 5.1 compare in the rankings?

I'll just leave this right here.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...pYkxIQkE#gid=1

DW wins most often because of double uptime of Dancing Steel, not to mention the opportunity of overlap stacking with other cooldowns.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the changes to ascension crit takes priority over haste at around 4k haste correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    With the changes to ascension crit takes priority over haste at around 4k haste correct?
    This is sort of right, but the number is really hard to determine precisely. It's likely somewhere between 3.5-6.5k depending on your playstyle and the fight. IT depends on alot like whether you use FoF or not, whether you use energizing brew on cooldown, if you have to move alot without attacking. The best thing to do is to experiment yourself and find your own sweet spot for haste and then go all out crit.

Is there any legitimate reason Windwalkers shouldn't bring Attack Speed buff? It always seemed anti-thematic for us not too and would make us slightly more desirable for raid groups.
    [What's half of minor?]

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is there any legitimate reason Windwalkers shouldn't bring Attack Speed buff? It always seemed anti-thematic for us not too and would make us slightly more desirable for raid groups.
    Mehh we have crit? lol