Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Idea: Instant requeing if you miss the LFR or Heroic que popping

One idea that could really lessen aggravation for players is to allow people who miss the "join heroic/LFR group" message to be given one automatic placement back into the que, at the beginning of the que. Granted you get 30 seconds to click the join button, but it is amazing how many times I've tried to sneak in some day-to-day things while waiting for a que, only to realize that I've missed joining a group - which then feels like you've wasted all that time waiting for the que in the first place. I have no problem that there is a 30-second time limit in the first place, but it is extremely frustrating to miss the que start, especially when you may have been waiting 10-30 minutes in the first place, simply because you weren't actively looking at your monitor. I was reading a book the other day while sitting in front of my computer and waiting for the que to pop, and the only time I "heard" anything was when the computer dinged to let me know that I had been taken out of que. This is about the only aspect of the game that I can truly say makes me feel tossing the computer out the window when it happens ;-) This system wouldn't hold anyone else up (which extending the time duration to [eg] 60 seconds would), and I can't see how a single reque would give anyone some inappropriate advantage. Not sure if this is the right forum to post this, but I've had the idea in my head for a while.

So punish others for your mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    How is this punishing someone else? Another person (the second person in line) takes the [first] position you did not accept, and you essentially take their [second] spot in the que. The third person in line isn't being made to wait longer, they are still third in line.

Can you explain your thoughts constructively, so I can understand your position? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    I see it as just completely unnecessary more than anything, although it does essentially reward the person who wasn't paying attention and slightly penalizes others, who have done nothing wrong.

---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 01:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jimavet View Post
    How is this punishing someone else? Another person (the second person in line) takes the position you did not accept, and you essentially take their spot in the que. The third person in line isn't being made to wait longer, they are still third in line.

Can you explain your thoughts constructively, so I can understand your position? Thanks.
    The 25th person in line has to wait for a whole new raid to form because of you not paying attention and being rewarded - essentially.

10+ Year Old Account
    i would just like a huge popup saying queue is ready when wow is minimzed

Quote Originally Posted by jimavet View Post
    How is this punishing someone else? Another person (the second person in line) takes the position you did not accept, and you essentially take their spot in the que. The third person in line isn't being made to wait longer, they are still third in line.

If you didn't take the queue the third person would now be at the head of the queue and everyone else bumped up. With your suggestion you grab that spot and they are made to wait even longer due to your mistake. I'm not sure how much easier it could be explained to make you aware that you are punishing other people for your mistake.

---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 08:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    You know it plays a sound right? Of course you probably have that disabled but chances are you'd disable the popup also since it may interfere with your youtube time.

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO, only if the queue popped earlier than the Average Wait Time. It's a pretty dick move to have the queue pop after 15m when the estimate is telling you 45m so you went off to do something AFK.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    IMO, only if the queue popped earlier than the Average Wait Time. It's a pretty dick move to have the queue pop after 15m when the estimate is telling you 45m so you went off to do something AFK.
    Not a bad idea actually, but I'm uncertain how easily it could be implemented. It still presents my original question - is it really necessary? (Not arguing that it would be *convenient* for some players, but I don't see convenience being a high priority tbh)

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    you can set wow sounds to play while minimised so you still hear the queue pop sounds

Yeah, this is the only way I'd support this -- if it gave you a second, final chance if your queue pops earlier than the average wait time.

Otherwise, as a whole it would just make the entire system take longer. 30 seconds isn't a whole lot but it adds up quick.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    You snooze, you lose..
    Don't queue if you aren't absolutely sure you can take the call when it pops up.
    You can check how long you have to wait, and plan from there. Everything else is what others said, punishing others for your own mistake.

Giving you a second chance would be unfair to everybody else. Would you like it if someone cut you in line at the movie theater because they didn't hear their alarm clock, thus having you miss your movie time?

Personally I think they allow you is more than enough time. If it were me I'd drop that time to 15-20 seconds to have the queue move a little faster.

Deleted
    I agree.

When you have a 30-45 minute queue time you cannot be expected to be paying attention to wow every minute of that, it's unfair because by the time the end of the queue is nearing I always need to pop to the toilet or something, come back and I've been removed from the queue.

Automatic entry wouldn't be an option as there are people who are actually AFK when the queue pops, as opposed to those who miss it, but I agree that this would be a good idea.

If your queue time is say 20 minutes, and you go away at 15 minutes. Your queue will pop at 18 minutes and you won't be back till 23 minutes, that's a whole lot of time in the queue that you wouldn't have before. I know from my experience that if I miss a queue, especially a long one, I get really frustrated and log out for 10 minutes because the wait times annoy me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    You snooze, you lose..
    Don't queue if you aren't absolutely sure you can take the call when it pops up.
    You can check how long you have to wait, and plan from there. Everything else is what others said, punishing others for your own mistake.
    So you queue to LFR as tank and have 1hour 15min queue. At 1hour mark you decide to take a leak and queue pops meanwhile.
    Pause/hold for queue should be in the game as there is no reason for it not to be.

Deleted
    That's wholly unnecessary and would penalize others in the queue, the best option would be if the icon at the toolbar when minimized would flash like it does in Rift, queue jumping shouldn't be allowed no matter the reason you miss it, you're not more entitled than the person behind you in the queue.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentStocket View Post
    So you queue to LFR as tank and have 1hour 15min queue. At 1hour mark you decide to take a leak and queue pops meanwhile.
    Pause/hold for queue should be in the game as there is no reason for it not to be.
    Join a scenario and tell the group you are just using them to pause the game. That would work out well.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a short pause of the queue when you log out.

Deleted
    There is a short pause of the queue when you log out.
    Still is there any reason you cannot pause the queue through "normal" ways?

10+ Year Old Account
    Still is there any reason you cannot pause the queue through "normal" ways?
    There would have to be a time limit for it. Otherwise, people would just keep their paused queue forever until they wanted to jump in. I don't know the exact timeframe you have when you log out (to an alt or watever) before you get dumped. I think it's 5m, maybe 10m. I see no reason not to have this as an option in the LFG/R UI if it kicks you out when you don't unpause it in time (like logging out).

---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 02:23 PM ----------

Something else I would like to see is for the game to not kick you from the queue when you invite someone to your group. It's already in the game if you queue as a group, then add more people, it doesn't kick you out. They just get added to your queue.

Deleted
    ^ I mean like if your queue has not popped you can pause it can and go do something else. When you return you continue from your position (players ahead of you) while paused everyone overtakes you.