Poll: Do you think Blizzard listens to feedback anymore?

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Yes, they listen to feedback. No, they don't do every single stupid thing that the feedback suggests they do.

That's the answer. Hell, they even SAID exactly that a few days ago (and pretty much say the exact same thing every few months).

A more amusing question is; Do the vocal minority read and understand Blizzards responses to feedback?
    ^Thank you for my new sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    A more amusing question is; Do the vocal minority read and understand Blizzards responses to feedback?
    Judging from some of the responses in this thread alone I'd say that's a pretty clear no.

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    If Blizzard is doing something they are doing it right.
    This is why threads like this go nowhere. Because a large portion of the playerbase holds Blizzard as infallible. Make sense; If they didn't, they wouldn't be the playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    They listen to things they want to listen about, if its their pet project, no amount of data or player input is going to matter. Its the one flaw their feedback has always had.
    This is definitely true, and open-world forced CRZ definitely qualifies as a 'pet project.' I feel like that translates to "not listening to feedback."

Quote Originally Posted by Stede View Post
    This is why threads like this go nowhere. Because a large portion of the playerbase holds Blizzard as infallible. Make sense; If they didn't, they wouldn't be the playerbase.
    I have my gripes with Blizzard personally and question a good amount of what they do.

But whether or not the player base wants to admit it, most of what they do is right, and that's why so many of us agree that they're in the right, and the player base is in the wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    This is definitely true, and open-world forced CRZ definitely qualifies as a 'pet project.' I feel like that translates to "not listening to feedback."
    Thats exactly what it boils down to but can those that hold blizzard up on such a high pedestal realize that in the end on most projects, blizzard does not listen even when the gamer is right.

I'd even go so far on many cases, it's a great deal of smoke and mirror tactics.

Such as, player says we need to change "X" and blizzard say's they will consider it in some fashion. However, since blizzard works on patches way ahead of what we're actually playing or even seeing on the PTR. What the players have asked for is already in the works and was more luck that it matched up to what blizzard was going to implement anyway.

But in appearance it seemed blizzard listened when in all actuality it was not the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Stede View Post
    There are just as many people wanting to tear out Blizzard's throats at even the slightest change, just for the heck of it. Neither of those parties can be reasoned with.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veliladon View Post
    But I'm sure they're completely serious in this case, right?
    Well if you want to throw a dictionary definition around you could just claim everything anyone says is lip service.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    You know those blue posts on the front page?

Like, every day?

Them responding and taking in Player Feedback no matter how mean and lashing it is towards toward the devs?

That's them listening.

They don't have to do that.
    Thats lip service since they never do anything people suggest.

Currently I hope they aren't, because most of it is pve players screaming about pvp on pvp servers... they should have never allowed pve->pvp server transfers or it probably wouldn't be so bad right now.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    You should re-read Tziva's post on page 3. And if you still don't see it, I'm questioning why you're still playing the game/browsing this subforum.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    So making adjustments given by the community to CRZ...

And adjustments to Dailies..

And constantly asking for help with feedback for what to do with Dailies and Rep to make them more Alt Friendly...

And help with Balancing Healing..

And PVP...

And balancing classes..

And even agreeing with the community a lot for what has to be changed and thus changing it..

Is lip service?

Do you honestly think they hired Bashiok or anyone else to say "Hey, so, you're part of Blizzard now and your only job is to be the yesman or whatever with the community and do nothing about it what-so-ever".

Do you honestly think that's on the application and that's what they do.

Think about this logically.

---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 09:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    You should re-read Tziva's post on page 3. And if you still don't see it, I'm questioning why you're still playing the game/browsing this subforum.
    Oh don't worry, I got it for him :

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    And here is my longwinded reply...

Off the top of my head, here's a few examples of changes that Blizzard has made as a response to the community:

The comprehensive daily system to begin with (in response to the Cata complaint of "not having enough to do"), the changes to dailies and rep grinds (in response to the "whoa, too much, Blizz!"), the size of Tier 14 and upcoming Tier 15 and the promise to never do tiny raid tiers again (in response to complaints about the size of Tier12 and Tier 13), backing down on their plan to use real names on the forums, CRZ as a response to empty zones, faction imbalance, and the death of world PvP (might not be the answer you wanted, but it's a response!), transmog, void storage, the guild leveling system, LFR/LFD, Challenge mods, pets and mounts becoming spells rather than physical items, AoE looting (and autoloot before it), the ability to reorder our character list, making all classes available to all factions, green fire (coming soon!), and numerous class changes over the years, etc. The millions of things we used addons for that became baseline (extra action bars, scrolling combat text, proc notifications, threat meters, quest tracking, instance maps, dungeon journal, etc, etc, etc). There were also shifts in general design philosophy like the changes like making more of the game accessible to casual players or making the primary story of an expansion permeate throughout (Lich King appearing in Northrend quests vs Illidan popping out of no where), etc, etc, etc.

These are just the things I can think of quickly! There are so many things in the game that are resulted from player feedback, it would probably be impossible to even know how much of it. How many thousands of things did I forget or not think of, or not even know came as the result of feedback?

Are there problems I wish they'd address or things I want them to implement, but have only seen silence in response? Yup. Are there things they "answered" in a way I disliked? Absolutely. But like I said, they might not respond to all feedback, or they might respond with a disappointing rejection or a frustrating "maybe" or "someday" and maybe they even delete threads that they think are beating a dead horse, but I don't think any of those things is indicative of ignoring the feelings of the community.

And to be fair, you also have to consider the polarised opinions in the community that make it completely impossible to make changes without pissing off half the player base. Consider the constant drama over "recycled content." On one hand, you have people who are hysterical any time Blizzard reuses a map or a name of something, even if the place is completely redone (like Deadmines or Zul Gurub), accusing them of being lazy and wasting development time on rehashes, but then in the other camp we have all these players asking for things like challenge modes in old dungeons, ways to keep old raids from being obsolete, re-releases for raids like Karazhan, etc, etc, etc. Frankly, I feel bad for Blizzard. They can't win.

They do, more than ever. However, whine & demands isn't feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoneseek View Post
    Currently I hope they aren't, because most of it is pve players screaming about pvp on pvp servers... they should have never allowed pve->pvp server transfers or it probably wouldn't be so bad right now.
    Let them whine. It's delicious to finally have some decent world PVP going and punishing the idiots complaining about PVP servers finally being what they were always meant to be.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

And adjustments to Dailies..

And constantly asking for help with feedback for what to do with Dailies and Rep to make them more Alt Friendly...

And help with Balancing Healing..

And PVP...

And balancing classes..

And even agreeing with the community a lot for what has to be changed and thus changing it..

Is lip service?

Do you honestly think they hired Bashiok or anyone else to say "Hey, so, you're part of Blizzard now and your only job is to be the yesman or whatever with the community and do nothing about it what-so-ever".

Do you honestly think that's on the application and that's what they do.

Think about this logically.

---------- Post added 2012-12-12 at 09:47 PM ----------

Oh don't worry, I got it for him :
    I could look up the proper term, but I feel we've won the argument.

Every time we toss an example out he's just going to come back with "yes, but lip service."

You can't defeat someone who's going to discredit every proof you give him.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    I could look up the proper term, but I feel we've won the argument.

Every time we toss an example out he's just going to come back with "yes, but lip service."

You can't defeat someone who's going to discredit every proof you give him.
    Unfortunately you're right, Dokhidamo -_-...

People are way too stubborn.

Deleted
    We wanted Blizzard to merge dead servers. Instead they gave us cross realm zones which only exacerbated the problem.

Blizz listen to feedback?

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post
    We wanted Blizzard to merge dead servers. Instead they gave us cross realm zones which only exacerbated the problem.

Why get rid of servers when you can make a feature like CRZ.

I USED to be on a dead server called Malorne, and there's only a few guilds left there now.

However all my friends that still play there love CRZ because they meet new people, and in the process those people have Xferred and started playing in their guilds.

Not just that, but remember that time during Cataclysm nearly all of the community wanted World PVP back and a sense of war?

Whelp, you got it.

And now you're complaining about it.

As Tziva put it: Blizzard just can't win =/

Quote Originally Posted by Garian View Post

They "listen" to feedback they were going to change anyways. It doesnt take a rocket science to see some of these things were just bad ideas.

I no longer play wow, was speaking from a d3 perspective since the title was blizzard and not ghostcrawler/dev team.

Deleted
    Why get rid of servers when you can make a feature like CRZ.

I USED to be on a dead server called Malorne, and there's only a few guilds left there now.

However all my friends that still play there love CRZ because they meet new people, and in the process those people have Xferred and started playing in their guilds.

Not just that, but remember that time during Cataclysm nearly all of the community wanted World PVP back and a sense of war?

Whelp, you got it.

And now you're complaining about it.

As Tziva put it: Blizzard just can't win =/
    They meet new people they will never meet again. It is absolutely not the same.

And you dodged my question. We wanted Blizzard to merge dead servers so that we could recruit people on OUR servers for guilds. Remember guilds? You cannot recruit cross realm, and even if you could it still doesn't solve the underlying problem.

I remember real world PVP when we actually knew the people who were PVPing on both factions. It created real rivalries and a real sense of immersion. Now that is gone all for the sake of convenience.

The only thing Blizz are listening to are their quarterly profits.