Thread: Post Your UI

http://i.imgur.com/nd0cN.jpg

First kinda real UI I'm using now Just went trough a 5 hour of work today on it.

Im thinking about removing Decursive (Thats the addon that causes that red square and rogue poison warning icons), since its abit distracting, and Im not really using it much as feral. Mate reminded me about mouse over macro's for decursing, so thats an easy step.

Should maybe also scale down my Internal CD/procces from my trinkets. Or not have them inn the middel, over my tracking addon. Few things here and there, but for now I'm happy, sort of my first real UI.

Edit: Picture is maybe abit messy - I tried to get a shot quick where everything was showen, before we won that Battleground.
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2012-12-12 at 08:22 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyn View Post
    Still using this. This time in raid.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2051073/WoW...212_111202.jpg

Just posting this to combo break the pixel uis.
    thought I'd add to this and break my 3? year tradition! With the new monitor pixels weren't working too great and I need to re-do the whole UI so..

Thoughts on the font and the UI as a whole? Still a lot to do. I can't keep a UI down at the minute ):
    I'm not sure on the font, it's the first non-pixel font I came across through all my folders.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Hey there and welcome to the User Interface world (of warcraft)!

Just a couple of things here:

Firstly, please please please, skin you recount! Having it just default and floating around means that it doesn't feel intergrated and as if it is part of the UI, rather just floating there looking aimless and cluttered.

Secondly, you should really think about decreasing the size of your chat box, if you have it that large due to resolution/font issues then by all means go and download a chat addon and re-size the font that way, otherwise it's just sitting there cluttering up the screen and making it more difficult for you to see what's going on!

Thirdly, customizing/creating a custom UI is a way to make the UI look overall better. However, it is difficult to make it better if you have so much on your screen! You should learn your keybindings on a couple of things and then use bartender or dominos (whichever) and turn mouseover on, you'll find that you will have a lot more space to breath on your screen and be able to see more of your surroundings.

Fourthly (that doesn't look right) You have cooldown timers in the middle of your screen, why? And the decursive is completely in the way!

To summarise I think that most things just need a little bit of a scaling down, you're taking up way too much screen space and really cna't see what's going on!

Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    thought I'd add to this and break my 3? year tradition! With the new monitor pixels weren't working too great and I need to re-do the whole UI so..

Thoughts on the font and the UI as a whole? Still a lot to do. I can't keep a UI down at the minute ):
    I'm not sure on the font, it's the first non-pixel font I came across through all my folders.
    NO!
    No, no no!

NO!
    You get that pixel font back on your UI mister! >
    The rest looks great though :P

TADAA my Paladin Tank UI.
    Inspiration is mainly from Kait:Aura and Touchymcfeel

Addons related to the UI are

Bartender
    Vuhdo
    Chatter
    Skada
    Sexymap
    Raven
    Pitbull
    Weak Aura
    CLCProt
    Gnosis
    Last edited by LazyMia; 2012-12-12 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Forgot an addon :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cark View Post
    Hey there and welcome to the User Interface world (of warcraft)!
    Thanks a bunch You're right I should proboaly consider learn my binds well enough to remove bars, just so used to see all the spells!

On a personal note, I like my chatbox rather big for some odd reason, even made it smaller today haha. Will think about making it even smaller thanks!

Also removed decursive permeantly now, have been using this addon since 4-ever inn vanilla, back to the days where the addon was overpowerd, so much Blizzard broke it, cause they deemed it to powerfull^^
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

http://i1.minus.com/ijgh6kN19BtnV.jpg

Looks great as always, some things I'd change though,

- You have the leader icon on both player and raid frame, you can remove it from your player frame. Not sure about my thoughts on whether I'd keep the combat icon or not.
    - I would integrate the holy power bar on to your player frame, I'm using Quse's ouf_Mlight edit and I like how the extra powers are part of the player frame like with my soul shards here:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LazyMia View Post
    TADAA my Paladin Tank UI.
    Inspiration is mainly from Kait:Aura and Touchymcfeel
    I love it!

What DisplayIDs are you using? Need to check them with my modelviewer.
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2012-12-12 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    I love it!

What DisplayIDs are you using? Need to check them with my modelviewer.
    Thank you ^^

And looots

I suppose the ones you mean are the ones around my unit frames

Backgrounds are:
    Mage_Firestarter
    Missile_Light
    Fire_Form_Precast

Circle ones are:
    Arcanebomb_Missile
    Eviscerate_Cast_Hands
    Demolisher_Missile

I have a sparkle effect on all of them:
    ConjureItem

For protective aura:
    ArcaneShot_Missile2

For Offensive aura:
    ArcanePower_State_Chest

(yes, i just looked through my Weak aura and copy pasted the names XD )

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    Looks great as always, some things I'd change though,

- You have the leader icon on both player and raid frame, you can remove it from your player frame. Not sure about my thoughts on whether I'd keep the combat icon or not.
    - I would integrate the holy power bar on to your player frame, I'm using Quse's ouf_Mlight edit and I like how the extra powers are part of the player frame like with my soul shards here:
    My extra powers are part of the unit-frames as I too use oUF. They were originally like your soul shards (see here). I always like to experiment with the placement of things and I'll be trying out a few different things over time. As for the party leader I will be removing that from the player frame now

Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    NO!
    No, no no!

NO!
    You get that pixel font back on your UI mister! >
    The rest looks great though :P
    Non-pixel fonts rule! :P

10+ Year Old Account

What's the font? Expressway Rg? I actually really like that without the pixel font. It made me think about why I actually use pixel fonts in the first place. I don't particularly prefer them over normal fonts yet I use them in my UI. Is it a fad? It's something that has always confused me.

Quote Originally Posted by frantik View Post
    What's the font? Expressway Rg? I actually really like that without the pixel font. It made me think about why I actually use pixel fonts in the first place. I don't particularly prefer them over normal fonts yet I use them in my UI. Is it a fad? It's something that has always confused me.
    Seems like it. I've never understood the fascination with them - they look like something from the '80s, and seem out of place in a game like WoW. But to each their own.

My weakauras above player frame and cast bars looks a bit out of place, but they're there for functionality as I haven't found a better way to which I react to my dots and cooldowns. I might change the damage text font, anyone know a font that looks decent and isn't too huge on the floating combat text?

Edit: I also just noticed I need to add some row spacing on my buffs.
    Last edited by Khadjid; 2012-12-12 at 11:30 PM.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Those look like the same Unit Frames as Quse UI, are yours still working after 5.1? If so could you upload them, they were the only part of his UI i couldn't fix.

Do you mean name plates? Nothing happened to the unit frames, but the name plates broke because of the api change on them. I'm currently using this modified Headline

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    Do you mean name plates? Nothing happened to the unit frames, but the name plates broke because of the api change on them. I'm currently using this
    after 5.1 my might unit frames allways show me at full Chi and full holy power, i still don't know why

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LazyMia View Post
    Backgrounds are:
    Mage_Firestarter
    Missile_Light
    Fire_Form_Precast

Circle ones are:
    Arcanebomb_Missile
    Eviscerate_Cast_Hands
    Demolisher_Missile

I have a sparkle effect on all of them:
    ConjureItem

For protective aura:
    ArcaneShot_Missile2

For Offensive aura:
    ArcanePower_State_Chest
    Hmm. So you are basically just using WeakAuras and cannot really tell how the models are called behind the scene?
    By default models can only displayed if they had been cached ... but maybe that is for NPC only. Need to check WeakAuras.

Maybe there is a way I can optimize my model viewer to catch those models aswell.
    Last edited by mmoc48efa32b91; 2012-12-13 at 08:05 AM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by frantik View Post
    That's correct, Expressway Rg!

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Seems like it. I've never understood the fascination with them - they look like something from the '80s, and seem out of place in a game like WoW. But to each their own.
    The reason I like to use pixel fonts is because they give a crisp feel to the UI. They work perfectly with the monochrome outline which makes them sit in a pixel perfect UI a lot better than a normal font using a thin, thick or normal outline which seems to make the font look 'fuzzy'.

If you want a pixel perfect UI, that has none of the furry fuzz then I'd say a pixel font works wonders for it. Having a pixel font for the sake of having a pixel font when most of the UI doesn't use pixel perfect borders is when it doesn't fit and looks weird. That's what I think about it anyway.

Still need to add spiral cooldowns to auras, forgot how to add it o/ going to the cinema to watch The Hobbit in about an hour though so I'll have to sort it when I get in tonight.

Never thought to see you without a pixelfont.

All in all, the font is nice. But instead of "Boss" I would just add a "B" or something like this.
    And yes, the pixel fonts which are shown on that screenshot are ... bad, really bad. :X

Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao View Post
    And yes, this.
    Last edited by Lyn; 2012-12-13 at 12:15 PM.
    oh, honey.