Thread: New gaming rig

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Majesticii View Post
    Mod edit: Please only post in English on this site.
    Well done to the mod.... Those are most likely computer parts. We can figure it out.... At least let it stay there, so at the least the dutch people (which are atleast 2 active following this tread) can comment. And the more tech savvy people can figure it out by the names....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    might giving a list of what the current to be rig would be? (since lots of feedback perhaps some things changed ?)
    I already edited in my current rig in my original post. Though, in case nobody reads after the bold part, I'll leave it here again.

This is the current rig people recommended me in this thread:
    http://www.alternate.nl/html/product.../?tk=7&lk=4850
    http://www.alternate.nl/html/product.../?event=search
    http://www.alternate.nl/html/product.../?tk=7&lk=3865
    http://www.alternate.nl/html/product.../?tk=7&lk=3944

budget: €1600~

Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    Well done to the mod.... Those are most likely computer parts. We can figure it out.... At least let it stay there, so at the least the dutch people (which are atleast 2 active following this tread) can comment. And the more tech savvy people can figure it out by the names....
    Oh wow, I didn't manage to read his post as I just woke up. I'm dutch myself and I'm the OP, pretty lame for the mod to remove his post. Unless he posted in dutch only?
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2012-12-14 at 01:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    it was in regards to where to order from and basicly the guy recommened tweakers.net pricewatch to buy all parts seperate from all kinds of places. (he posted dutch only)

@terahertz, all links are broken.
    ones in your OP are still working strange, either way i've got nothing else to add to that list you'll have a beastly rig soon ^^.
    Last edited by mmoce1d4ab16bc; 2012-12-13 at 07:45 AM.

Deleted
    it was in regards to where to order from and basicly the guy recommened tweakers.net pricewatch to buy all parts seperate from all kinds of places. (he posted dutch only)
    Than i stand corrected and apolagize for that. Figured the list was in dutch such as: videokaart, kast, moederbord (those kinds of things). He has a point tho, computer could probably be bought cheaper somewhere else.

And broken links dont help

Deleted
    For me alternate is worth paying more due to excellent service incase of rma. Also more convinient to order everything from the same place but this is personal choice.

Deleted
    Hmmm, i ordered 2 computers at afuture.nl and individual part ussually at cdromland.

Afuture is i think one of the cheapest, but thats because the buy directly from their supplier. So it usually takes a bit longer till you get your stuff.
    Cdromland is sometimes the cheapest, but ussually they have a good price on things (middle of the pack pricing, dont really know how to proper say it in english :P). And they only sell stuff they have in stock, so bought before 8 is the next day in your home

I havent had to RMA stuff, so i cant say anything about that

10+ Year Old Account
    Updated the links in my previous post, you were correct, I basically copied the links from my OP to my previous post.. kinda sloppy hehe.

Btw, what does RMA stand for?

Edit: nvm, found the definition :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    Updated the links in my previous post, you were correct, I basically copied the links from my OP to my previous post.. kinda sloppy hehe.

Btw, what does RMA stand for?

Edit: nvm, found the definition :P
    got any other questions in regards to the build? (or otherwise related?)
    also be sure to drop around the post your gaming setup thread once you get it up and running

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    To be perfectly honest, I'm very sensitive to sound. And I still didn't pick up any really notable noise difference between a Lightning and reference model card.
    You honestly shouldn't, the only possible difference would be the single fan spinning faster or problems w/ the moving components. In a well cooled case you'd find a lack of your GPU spinning to fast. I have my 6950 set for auto fan, I have never heard the fan outside of some overclocking and heavy rendering. Looking at some DBA readings you'll kind of notice that these bumps are actually minimal and honestly to hear some of these changes you'd need to be spiderman or something.

60 normal conversation
    45 rustling leaves, soft music
    30 whisper
    15 threshold of hearing
    0 acute threshold of hearing - weakest sound

as you can see here most GPU's of the more recent years barely pass 45 dba. 15-44 covers the sounds of your pc, anything higher than that will signal something being wrong in more recent times.

You can also clearly see the TFII is louder by a a decent amount than a reference cooler, while smaller fans do make higher pitched noise they also move less air which actually generates less overall sound, where ass 2-3 fans make a significantly louder sound, this has to do w/ air pressure movement etc but is also a reason why four eight inch subwoofers will take of 32" overall but sound wise will nearly equal or excel over a set of 4 10's, of equal specs.
    Last edited by Milkshake86; 2012-12-14 at 02:14 PM.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Things to note:
    If you ever plan on SLI, you'll want the x79 chipset. z77 goes 8x/8x on SLI.
    Don't skimp on the PSU.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Things to note:
    Don't skimp on the PSU.
    he plans on SLI for the future (years time) however 8x/8x on the pci lanes works just fine for that. (and x79 chipset for gaming is no better then a z77 unless +-1 fps on average matters)

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    however 8x/8x on the pci lanes works just fine for that.
    Not quite true. Depends on "just fine" and what it means.

Here's the SLI performance of a GTX680/670FTW based on 8x vs 16x (battlefield 3 was used for these):
    http://i.imgur.com/7ZV3K.png

Note: 8x/8x PCIe 3.0 = 16x/16x PCIe 2.0/2.1 (literally, the bandwidth of 3 is double that of 2/2.1)

Single monitor gains aren't that huge, but they're still there. Anything beyond one monitor is a clear gain. Of course, years time to SLI means it'll probably be new mobo/cpu time anyway. If you plan on single monitor, single video card for a good amount of time, the x79 has nearly nothing for you unless you chug large datasets or something.

Bottom line: Performance/cost ratio - z77. Raw performance - x79.

Deleted
    Not quite true. Depends on "just fine" and what it means.

Here's the SLI performance of a GTX680/670FTW based on 8x vs 16x (battlefield 3 was used for these):
    http://i.imgur.com/7ZV3K.png

Note: 8x/8x PCIe 3.0 = 16x/16x PCIe 2.0/2.1 (literally, the bandwidth of 3 is double that of 2/2.1)

Single monitor gains aren't that huge, but they're still there. Anything beyond one monitor is a clear gain. Of course, years time to SLI means it'll probably be new mobo/cpu time anyway. If you plan on single monitor, single video card for a good amount of time, the x79 has nearly nothing for you unless you chug large datasets or something.

Bottom line: Performance/cost ratio - z77. Raw performance - x79.
    x79 is not an interesting platform from a gaming perspective due to 6cores. (you can game on them but you pay double the price of similar z77 and get a quad core with higher OC potential but almost no difference in performance for games)
    by just fine i mean general gaming screens 1920x1080, not some crazy eyefinity setup like the benchmark you linked.

x79 is not an interesting platform from a gaming perspective due to 6cores. (you can game on them but you pay double the price of similar z77 and get a quad core with higher OC potential but almost no difference in performance for games)
    by just fine i mean general gaming screens 1920x1080, not some crazy eyefinity setup like the benchmark you linked.
    S2011 has 40 pci express lanes which means that you can have 16x/8x/8x/8x on pci2.0 but with an asus maximus v extreme LGA1155 allows you to have 8x/8x/8x/8x. The last 2 are running from the plx chip while the first two are running from the cpu.

---------- Post added 2012-12-14 at 07:05 PM ----------

Things to note:
    Don't skimp on the PSU.
    Seems like you're outdated. Google up the asus maximus v extreme or read my previous quote on shroudster.

Deleted
    still running 8x/8x lanes for SLI shouldn't be an issue ?

still running 8x/8x lanes for SLI shouldn't be an issue ?
    @PCIx3 no way. PCIx2 yep for configs with dual monitors. But with an x79 running in sli both cards will be at x16 which is exactly the same as 8x 8x pci express 3.0

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    @PCIx3 no way. PCIx2 yep for configs with dual monitors. But with an x79 running in sli both cards will be at x16 which is exactly the same as 8x 8x pci express 3.0
    Slots

PCI (32 Bit) 1
    ondersteunt 33 MHz (5 Volt)
    PCIe 2.0 x1 3
    PCIe 2.0 x16 3
    (speccs i found on the mobo regarding pci-e slots)
    so should work then? also x79 has nothing to do with this since it is not relevant to the OP just annoying that brought that part up.
    kinda getting confused here with the pci-e slots tbh