Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What stats should a BM hunter get?

Hey guys,

Just wondering what stats BM hunters should be getting?

Ive been stacking mastery, what else should i be stacking..

could somebody post one of those things where it tells me what is most important to least important

e.g

mastery> hast > etc > etc

Thanks guys

hit = exp til caps (7.5% or 2550 without racial bonuses) > crit > mastery > haste

Deleted
    I heard Mastery was the worst stat for BM Hunters?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandion View Post
    I heard Mastery was the worst stat for BM Hunters?
    It isn't. What Eschatological said is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    hit = exp til caps (7.5% or 2550 without racial bonuses) > crit > mastery > haste
    so hit 7.5%
    and expertise 7.5%
    then crit and mastery?

for BM crit and mastery are nearly equal... haste is a distant third

mastery is good and bad but haste is the last one you want

Deleted
    Maybe i am about to be flamed to the ground but Mr Robot thinks differently :P

PvE: Default Build
    Hit=Exp > Crit > Haste > Mastery
    Haste is NOT the worst stat for BM. Mastery is. Mr. Robot promises that he has tested this extensively.

Source - askmrrobot.com

Deleted

Haste is NOT the worst stat for BM. Mastery is. Mr. Robot promises that he has tested this extensively.

Source - askmrrobot.com
    Speculating is good, aslong as there's anything backing it up.
    However, Askmrrobot has no math backing this up, they just "promise that he has tested this", but how? Simcraft? What presets? What did the final numbers end up like? Those are the Things that make me cautious about spending the reforge Money and extensive personal testing.

Deleted
    Keep mastery and crit balanced imo, avoid haste.

Deleted

Source - askmrrobot.com
    Seriosly askmrrobot.com is NOT reliable at all. It suggests some ridiculous stuff for my chars all the time... I rather use other sources to get my therycrafting etc

Most sims dramatically overvalue haste. In actual use the stat priority is Crit > Mastery > Haste.

At some level of Crit, our pets will no longer by focus starved (because of Go For The Throat) and Mastery will start to approach or surpass Crit in value. Haste won't ever be especially good because there's no reasonable value of haste that adds extra shots to our rotation, but there is a Haste breakpoint (which I forget at the moment) where our Dire Beast gets an extra melee hit.

Hit/Exp cap>Crit>Mastery>Haste

As a bm hunter haste is like your worst stat regardless of whether you are focusing on pvp or pve majority of your spell are instant cast and cost very little focus. Plus with Fervor, Dire Beast, and Thrill of the Hunt there is little to no worrying about your focus as much as there used to be.

I still find that mastery beats out crit this tier. In all of my personal testing, reforging back and forth between crit>mastery and mastery>crit, I always come out with higher numbers both on training dummies and in raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckgnawris View Post
    I still find that mastery beats out crit this tier. In all of my personal testing, reforging back and forth between crit>mastery and mastery>crit, I always come out with higher numbers both on training dummies and in raids.
    Might have to do some more tests because crit is still the best stat.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

10+ Year Old Account
    simmed myself and it showed hit-exp-crit-haste-mastery. I think its more of a personal thing more than a over all as far as mastery and haste. crit has been forever number 1 secondary stat

Deleted
    Sim results need to be taken in with a grain of salt. Usually they work in the following way. They calculate your dps with your current gear. Than they add a big amount of one stat and calculate again. The dmg difference is than averaged out over the whole amount. For BM-Hunters there is the 3864 haste breakpoint wich results in an extra dire beast attack. Up to this point droping mastery in favor of hast is highly beneficial, but ONLY if you can reach the 3864 mark. As long as you can't, go crit>mastery>haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodoran View Post
    Sim results need to be taken in with a grain of salt. Usually they work in the following way. They calculate your dps with your current gear. Than they add a big amount of one stat and calculate again. The dmg difference is than averaged out over the whole amount. For BM-Hunters there is the 3864 haste breakpoint wich results in an extra dire beast attack. Up to this point droping mastery in favor of hast is highly beneficial, but ONLY if you can reach the 3864 mark. As long as you can't, go crit>mastery>haste.
    the problem with that haste plateau is its a 50/50 shot on the extra attack... unless it happens everytime it is a waste of stat points.

Mr. Robot
    Stopped reading here, MRR is trash. Always has been, always will be. Do not listen to this guy people, sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckgnawris View Post
    Like Tehstool said, you're gonna have to run some more tests. Crit is better, but the thing about Crit is it isn't static. If you have 30% crit THEORETICALLY you should crit 30% of the time, but there will be occasions when you'll crit 25% time or 35% of the time depending on your luck. Whereas, Mastery is static. 30% mastery is 30% pet damage always. So, if you have a stroke of bad luck, then Crit will be worse than mastery, but in most occasions Crit will win out over every secondary stat.