Blade Lord Ta'yak

Got a few questions on Blade Lord Ta'yak. My groups DPS is not that great (no I don't have logs). We farm first 4 bosses in MV but have not killed Elagon (tactics issue, perhaps DPS as well).

Anyway, what is the DPS requirement for Blade Lord Ta'yak and also for Garelon in 10 normal? On two attempts (first night on this boss) we were able to get to P2 and got him to 9% both times but his stack was at around 18 when we wiped. We have 3 people pulling roughly 60k and 2 that are slightly lower. I believe with our DPS we can do it but we had people dying to the tornados in P2, etc. We are currently 3 healing this fight with 2*resto druids and a shammy (I am healing). Going into P2 I get spiritwalkers grace from the shammy and roll tranq while running but with his stacks so high people were still at basically 15% and dying. Is our DPS too low? We use BL at the start of the fight. As I said, I think if we can get everyone to the end we'd be able to make it but our DPS seems very low.

~150,500,000 hp; 8m hard enrage (I think...)
    313542 raid DPS
    -80k tank DPS (low est)
    -10k healer DPS (low est)
    223542 DPS / 5 DPS
    44k DPS per person

Note: DPS meters will not be accurate against the above numbers because there is a lot of downtime during this fight. Those seconds are not calculated against DPS. To find your real DPS, you can multiply the given DPS by the uptime% OR the fight duration divided by the damage done. I believe this is DPS(e) on WoL.

If you're dying just to high Intensify stacks, your healers need to step up. Running 3 heals is unnecessary but still viable. 2 should be able to easily handle it with proper CD usage.

Some tips:
    • Make sure everyone is full HP before 20%
    • Do not stop and heal before you run; top up while you run
    • Pop Stampeding Roar and SWG+Tranq (one from each druid) on the way there
    • At 12%, leave a tank and the druid that still has Stampeding Roar while everyone else goes into a slipstream on the side
    • The raid should arrive just as the boss does; tank and druid Stampeding Roar back
    • Use raid CDs as necessary and don't overlap them
    • Use personal CDs as necessary
    • Don't get hit by tornadoes (if a lot of your raid is, that is your problem)

I can't help much more without logs. It's really easy to log and an invaluable tool for analyzing performance. I recommend at least 1 person in your raid log.

Garalon requires ~515k raid DPS to beat the 7m enrage. Due to cleaves and legs, there's no real point in calculating a minimum DPS per person requirement. You should have 1-2 people at 120k-150k with the other DPS doing normal DPS. You can employ a lot of cheese to boost raid DPS on this fight too.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2012-12-12 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    ~150,500,000 hp; 8m hard enrage (I think...)
    313542 raid DPS
    -80k tank DPS (low est)
    -10k healer DPS (low est)
    223542 DPS / 5 DPS
    44k DPS per person
    This seems odd. It only requires 44k DPS for a DPS but 80k for a tank? Sure that's not backwards?

If you're dying just to high Intensify stacks, your healers need to step up. Running 3 heals is unnecessary but still viable. 2 should be able to easily handle it with proper CD usage.
    We only had 2 attempts at P2 and got to 9% both times. It was a combination of people running at low health and people getting hit by the tornadoes.

Some tips:
    • Make sure everyone is full HP before 20%
    • Do not stop and heal before you run; top up while you run
    • Pop Stampeding Roar and SWG+Tranq (one from each druid) on the way there
    • At 12%, leave a tank and the druid that still has Stampeding Roar while everyone else goes into a slipstream on the side
    • The raid should arrive just as the boss does; tank and druid Stampeding Roar back
    • Use raid CDs as necessary and don't overlap them
    • Use personal CDs as necessary
    • Don't get hit by tornadoes (if a lot of your raid is, that is your problem)
    I've seen tips to heal everyone to full health before moving but I see you suggesting the opposite. We have two resto druids and a shammy so only one of us can get SWG. I am aware and have told them about jumping in the slipstream.

Garalon requires ~515k raid DPS to beat the 7m enrage. Due to cleaves and legs, there's no real point in calculating a minimum DPS per person requirement. You should have 1-2 people at 120k-150k with the other DPS doing normal DPS. You can employ a lot of cheese to boost raid DPS on this fight too.
    I think we'll be ok here as our group has a rogue, and a DPS warrior. Then a warrior tank and a prot pally who could go DPS possibly. So we have a lot of cleave ability.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    This seems odd. It only requires 44k DPS for a DPS but 80k for a tank? Sure that's not backwards?
    2 tanks = 40k each (very low for a tank). Read the note too. Your meters are not calculating the same thing I did. This isn't really a DPS fight.

I've seen tips to heal everyone to full health before moving but I see you suggesting the opposite. We have two resto druids and a shammy so only one of us can get SWG. I am aware and have told them about jumping in the slipstream.
    You have a SWG+Tranq, two of the most mobile healers, and your shaman's own SWG. There's no reason to stop. And stopping wastes DPS time, which means stacks go higher.

I think we'll be ok here as our group has a rogue, and a DPS warrior. Then a warrior tank and a prot pally who could go DPS possibly. So we have a lot of cleave ability.
    Sounds like a great comp.
    Last edited by Squirl; 2012-12-13 at 04:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We beat Tay'ak with this DPS: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2...?s=3068&e=3525, having 20 sec or so left to enrage, while half of the raid being dead. We're 2 healing this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    We beat Tay'ak with this DPS: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2...?s=3068&e=3525, having 20 sec or so left to enrage, while half of the raid being dead. We're 2 healing this fight.
    Sadly I've never quite understood how one reads world of logs logs though that one makes it easy. On our 9% wipe we had 3 people at 65k roughly so our DPS appears (I think?) to be slightly higher than yours so I guess that means we can beat the enrage. Though you are running with 2 healers and we're using 3 so maybe not. Do you recall how high your intensity stacks where on your kill or is there a way to see from that log? I think we just need to work on surviving P2 better. Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    You most certainly can beat it.

But I checked our kill video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=9RghjqVi4xY - and the moment we hit p2 we had 5 stacks. Tanks can survive on their own fine.

On our very first attempts we had our hunter(s) to use stamina flask to get their HP high enough to survive 5th or 6th stack even if needed. But now it is not an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnillon View Post
    You most certainly can beat it.

But I checked our kill video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=9RghjqVi4xY - and the moment we hit p2 we had 5 stacks. Tanks can survive on their own fine.

On our very first attempts we had our hunter(s) to use stamina flask to get their HP high enough to survive 5th or 6th stack even if needed. But now it is not an issue.
    I can't recall what our stack was when going into P2, I just know at 9% we were at 18 when we wiped. However, not everyone made it down to the end the first time and only had like 3 people up the second time. Thanks all for the tips though.