Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Cows For Life View Post
    Consumers traded those for cheaper price. You can still pay more for 16:10 panels, pixel guarantees, longer warranties, panel uniformity, etc.
    I wonder if you were truly paying attenchion when the change from 16:10 to 16:9 happened.. The 16:9's at least in here just purely replaced 16:10's slowly, but the price was the same, in some cases even more, cause it was "Full HD". Nobody seemed to care you got less pixels, cause Full HD was the thing back then. And nowdays its just really really hard to find decent 16:10 monitors for budget price. Like when my previous screen left for the greener pastures, I had to go straight to HP's ZR product line, cause there were simply nothing else there, that was worth the money(at least in here at that time). And even the 24" ZR would've put me back allmost 3x the price of a standard budget 16:9 at the time, the quality was and is miles ahead, but is it 3x as much.. prolly not? In the end I landed a sweet dead on the 30" model and have never looked back..

And I thought my 24" monitor was oversized.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I'm actually wondering if games actually support this resolution. O_o Is it just something that doesn't show up if your monitor can't show it?
    Many games support at least multi-monitor setups so its down to how the game is coded and whats the options are. And some games you might have to run windowed to avoid screen stretching..

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 06:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    And I thought my 24" monitor was oversized.
    This monitor in vertical reso is either the same as ur 24" or smaller, and as its 29" wide it translates around 22" 16:9 if you crop the sides

Deleted
    I'm actually wondering if games actually support this resolution. O_o Is it just something that doesn't show up if your monitor can't show it?
    In the forum i posted in my first post i think. Someone was running crysis 2, so im geussing they do :P

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1728908&page=2

BF3, some SW game, and skyrim

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    In the forum i posted in my first post i think. Someone was running crysis 2, so im geussing they do :P

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1728908&page=2

BF3, some SW game, and skyrim
    Argh... I want to know what Star Wars game that is, looks awesome!

It looks a lot like the Star Wars: Empire at War RTS, but I can tell it's not the specific game, maybe a newer version? O_o
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    I wonder if you were truly paying attenchion when the change from 16:10 to 16:9 happened.. The 16:9's at least in here just purely replaced 16:10's slowly, but the price was the same, in some cases even more, cause it was "Full HD". Nobody seemed to care you got less pixels, cause Full HD was the thing back then. And nowdays its just really really hard to find decent 16:10 monitors for budget price. Like when my previous screen left for the greener pastures, I had to go straight to HP's ZR product line, cause there were simply nothing else there, that was worth the money(at least in here at that time). And even the 24" ZR would've put me back allmost 3x the price of a standard budget 16:9 at the time, the quality was and is miles ahead, but is it 3x as much.. prolly not? In the end I landed a sweet dead on the 30" model and have never looked back..
    A part of the reason might be because you won't find many TN panels in 16:10 format any more. They're almost all exclusively in IPS/PVA/PLS form. Dell's lineup in particular seems to position the 16:10 panels as premium because they come with all of the premium features and trimmings (card readers, every input under the sun, better backlight) which only adds to the already higher cost.

Having said that, I have two 16:10 Dell UltraSharp IPS screens sitting on my desk, purchased in 2009 for $200 each, before their switch to cheaper eIPS panels. More expensive than bottom of the barrel TN's that can be had for $125 but not exactly beyond budget range.

Now let's talk about high resolution 4:3 LCD's if you want to see eye-popping prices!

Also the prior post about pixel guarantees, I don't remember the time when you got those on low end screens. There certainly wasn't any guarantee on my CRT or laptop that was purchased ~2000.

Deleted
    Argh... I want to know what Star Wars game that is, looks awesome!

It looks a lot like the Star Wars: Empire at War RTS, but I can tell it's not the specific game, maybe a newer version? O_o
    I think i found it :P
    I think it is a mod for sins of a solar empire: rebellion. (which is on sale atm on steam) The mod is called sins of a galactic empire.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    I think i found it :P
    I think it is a mod for sins of a solar empire: rebellion. (which is on sale atm on steam) The mod is called sins of a galactic empire.
    Google brought me to something awesome...

http://sins.imperial.cc/im/

O_O
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    It looks awesome

The only downside i see... It is a multiplayer only title. It has skirmish tho, but still i dont like online RTS games. They usually are way to fast paced for me. (Main reason i dont like SC2 online :P )

But than again, 10 euro......
    Last edited by mmoc24391763c2; 2012-12-30 at 12:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty intense. No way am I laying down 1000 for something like that though