Thread: Post Your UI

Criticize me till I cry!

http://i.imgur.com/YhQ7U.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphoric View Post
    Criticize me till I cry!

If you say so.. Some may just be things I don't like personally though.

1. Why Hunter class colors on all the unit frames? Looks weird to see Druids and other classes with Hunter colors.
    2. Visible micromenu. Mouseover? Personally I just use the binds, perma hidden.
    3. Remove static timers (Aspect/Trap Launcher) from above your player frame.
    4. Somewhat refreshing to see a circle minimap, all the UI's here are square and rectangles (mine included). I would remove the dungeon difficulty flag. Tracking button on mouseover.
    5. You can make the tabs on your chat frame appear on mouseover.
    6. Find a "home" for the damage meter, feels like it's lost.
    7. If you know your pet binds, you can hide the pet bar.
    8. Actionbar on right, you can set to mouseover or appear out of combat.
    9. Ever so slightly reduce the spacing between your buffs on the top right.
    10. If you have the option, move the quest watcher more to the right, so that it's not sticking out.
    11. I would remove the combat text on the unit frames.
    12. The Blizzard default raid frame tab is quite annoying.
    13. What is the number "32" doing above Arcane Shot?
    14. Is this Krip's UI?

Now, my turn. Do your worst. I slightly reduced the size of the timers above my Focus Bar so that 7 spells can fit. Not shown in the screeny though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    Now, my turn. Do your worst. I slightly reduced the size of the timers above my Focus Bar so that 7 spells can fit. Not shown in the screeny though.

Change UF/RF texture to the same as your dbm/bigwigs timers? besides that i like it

Quote Originally Posted by Metaphoric View Post
    Criticize me till I cry!

These are mostly personal opinions, but here goes.

- I'm curious what your UI would look like with font outlines.
    - Everyone look like hunters, it actually doesn't look too bad, though have you tried a more neutral colour? And why is your boss frame a different colour than everything else?
    - Damage meter looks out of place, top left corner perhaps? The bar colour is a bit darker than buff/dot timer, I think it'd look better if they were the same colour.
    - Your long boss timer bars should have same width as player frame with its current position. The colour could also be changed to the same grey as your other bars.
    - Your ICD timers have colour and borders while no other bar timers seem to have that.
    - Cooldown timers on your action bars are almost overlapping, perhaps lower the font size or format it to show Mm instead of MM:SS when above 1 min duration.
    - I don't like the default SBF timers, you don't need to know how many seconds you have on long timer buffs and you don't need to know you have 00 minutes on your short timer buffs.
    - It might just be the glow from having him targeted, but the texture on nameplates doesn't look like the rest of your textures.
    - I've never been a fan of damage/healing numbers on unit frames as seen on your pet and focus.
    - I would lower the row spacing on raid frames to match the spacing between your player/pet and target/targettarget. Perhaps also widen the raid frames so a 25m raid is the same width as the chat frame.
    - You forgot to pick up your Blingtron daily!
    - Are you crying yet?
    - No? Okay a bit more.
    - The borders on the micro menu doesn't match anything, perhaps hide it completely and only show on mouseover?
    - You should fill your last action bar slot in lower right corner with something.
    - I know people have widely different tastes here, but in my opinion, if you have more than 2 rows of action buttons, put it at the bottom of your screen instead of the centre. Personally I keep rotational stuff close to my player frame, situational cooldowns at the bottom and the rest is hidden.
    - I don't like the threat display on nameplates. I don't even understand what the bears name is doing on the display when the warrior seem to be having aggro. It also overlaps the nameplate dot timer.
    - Crying now?

What are you using to modify the boss frames?

http://i.imgur.com/fLkB4.jpg
    - Unlike Drayarr, I like the texture on Unit Frames, though I wonder what it would like like having that texture on boss timers/focus bar? Either way it doesn't look too bad with different textures in this case.
    - With the positioning of your debuffs you should match the text position with the timers above the focus bar. I'd also match the fonts.
    - Your buff timer text seem to be anchored to bottom-left, so they're ever so slightly shifted more towards left, how about just simply having them on the bottom centre?

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 03:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ceresc View Post
    What are you using to modify the boss frames?
    Those are included with the rest of his unit frames: oUF_Mlight

Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    - Unlike Drayarr, I like the texture on Unit Frames, though I wonder what it would like like having that texture on boss timers/focus bar? Either way it doesn't look too bad with different textures in this case.
    - With the positioning of your debuffs you should match the text position with the timers above the focus bar. I'd also match the fonts.
    - Your buff timer text seem to be anchored to bottom-left, so they're ever so slightly shifted more towards left, how about just simply having them on the bottom centre?

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 03:33 PM ----------

Those are included with the rest of his unit frames: oUF_Mlight
    Any chance you know of an addon that allows me to modify the boss bars without an entire package? I've been messing around with mine a bit, and like what I've come up with, minus some needed minor tweaks.

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-12-13 at 08:01 PM.

Deleted
    This is my current UI; pretty much just stole Ariadne's old UI as I really liked the layout (was originally for my Shadow Priest) and just applied it to my mage.
    Tiny bit too cluttered for my liking, but it works (for me, anyway).

Last edited by mmoc7cd3c912a5; 2012-12-13 at 08:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Slightly updated my UI, here is how it looksed like last week.

I did make the rune bars smaller and got rid of the RP / Dot bars, so it does look better now.

In response to Jeremypwnz.

1. The frames on which I need to identy between classes have the name class-colored.
    2. Might do this.
    3. I just like being able to confirm their presence. Might get WeakAuras warnings for that though.
    4. Right about the tracking button, I prefer to see my dungeon diff all the time tho.
    5. They already are, however they start blinking if there are new messages in it. Will look into it (using Chatter)
    6. I actually like it right there, it feels all natural and I have a bad habit of meter-tunneling, so I think it kinda belongs close to the middle.
    7. The pet bar is to let me swap around abilities, Growl etc.
    8. Might fade it out..
    9. Good point, will try.
    10. Yeah alright.
    11. Yeah I thought of that as I saw the screenshot, will fix it.
    12. How do I get rid of it?
    13. It's my focus. ;p I like having track of it and plan shots accordingly.
    14. Yes and no. I used Kripp's for a while, but there were things I disliked (too heavy) so I made it all smaller and removed some of the useless stuff. I like to have all the good stuff in the middle.

Updated screenie soon.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Changed the colors.

I've yet to consolidate the Mirrors' frost bolts into the AoE spam filter, not sure how to go about it.

Also, Monochrome on CoolLine's font, can it be done?
    Last edited by OriginalVocalMix; 2012-12-14 at 04:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalVocalMix View Post
    Changed the colors.

I've yet to consolidate the Mirrors' frost bolts into the AoE spam filter, not sure how to go about it.

Also, Monochrome on CoolLine's font, can it be done?
    I don't know if it would work but you could try adding Frost Bolt to the "Throttle List" in the "Spam Control" panel and then tell it how long it should wait before showing FB damage in effect i believe it should "merge" them. But then again i could be totally off on this "theory" since i've never tried it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Change UF/RF texture to the same as your dbm/bigwigs timers? besides that i like it
    If anything I want to change the DBM/Focus Bar texture to match my Unitframes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    -Going to try to use the Unit Frame textures on other things soon once I figure out how to do it. I tried going with the "empty" texture on the DBT but the spark was very, very tiny, was hard to tell. I'll grab the spark thing from Mlight, it's so noticeable. Now with JSHB4, I have no clue how I would do it. I can always just enable the power bar on Mlight but it will conflict with most of what's currently happening on them, or will show underneath the frame and that's not a spot that would work for me.
    -The fonts are the same, I'll just fix the text position. Or did you mean the Text Sizes? They looked pretty similar with size, but the debuff time text looks like it has an outline and a different color.
    -I never even noticed that, awesome find man. Let me get on that.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think I've got most of the things done. I still need to sort out my sFilter for classes and fix the border so it's currently disabled whilst I level up more characters.

Critique me till I cry!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by carebear View Post
    I think I've got most of the things done. I still need to sort out my sFilter for classes and fix the border so it's currently disabled whilst I level up more characters.

Critique me till I cry!
    Love it, really like the font too. Can you please just upload the unitframes only if possible or the config?

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-12-14 at 08:49 AM.
    Check my achievements bruh.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalVocalMix View Post
    Try add the bold part.

fs:SetFont(smed:Fetch("font", db.font), db.fontsize,"OUTLINEMONOCHROME")

Quote Originally Posted by iggyMG View Post
    <snip>
    YAY! Iggy showin' off his UI I made him! Hope you enjoy it thoroughly!
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-12-14 at 08:49 AM.
    Thanks to Duskmoon for the awesome Sig/Avatar/Banner!

http://i3.minus.com/ibuKrQ4iHtHGTu.jpg

Critique me till I cry!
    Hey bro. So like, top left corner. You have your party/raid frames pretty close to the edge. Bottom left corner, the chat isn't as close to the edge. Not sure if you have anything bottom right. Top right, you got your minimap in the same kind of position as the chat. Feels weird when some things are closer to the edge than other things are.

Hide party/raid frames when solo? (If they aren't already and just showing where they are for screenshot)

More of a personal thing but the buffs feel too far from the minimap.

Critique me till I cry!
    What Chatmod are you using? I still try to get Spacing right, but somehow my chat fucks up the spacing -.-

I like the thicker border around your minimap. Are the UFs same thickness? If not, I would make the minimap fit or other way round. Except of that, classic, simple UI, tbh. And finally without pixel font.

Edit: get rid of the portraits.
    Last edited by Lyn; 2012-12-14 at 02:54 PM.
    oh, honey.