10+ Year Old Account

Hunter Advice on certain bosses

hey guys just wanted to put up a post asking if anyone had and can share any advice for certain bosses in msv and hof, our raid hasnt gotten up to terrace but if u want to comment by all means go ahead.

here are my logs for last nights raid as well as my armory

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-p9wx9jkie5bz4nsg/

ignore the lfr shit forgot to turn it off lol

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/madoran/Dragzy/

even though my ilvl is 490 i still belive i can do alot more dps on each boss and i hate knowing that i can but dont know what im doing wrong.

i think i have a harder time on stone guards and will simply because im surv. on will the guild have me on the boss the whole time and switching to the courage each time its up. does anyone else do this or are you guys just on the adds the whole time? our raid has no issues with will its just how we have always done it.

for feng we pop hero right at the start of phase 2, since im poping all cds right at the start im pretty starved in p2 for hero, do any of you guys pop it in phase 2? the reason we do it in p2 is so he has less fires wen he transitions into p3.

the spirit binder is fairly straight forward i go in every 3rd spirit he usually dies by the time my cds are back up would it be worth going surv for it?

spirit kings i think is one of the ones i need help with logs say i onli did 75k and with my gear i just think its pathetic but im not sure what im doing wrong does anyone have any advice?

on to elegon logs are at 155k im really not switching to protectors the rest of the raid has it down and the boss seems to transition nice if i stay on him.
    iv noticed a big difference between not having my 2p and having i saw a nice 654k crit i think it was with kill command on elegon which i think has been my highest. but yeah i really think 155k is poor for my ilvl and im just not happy

and like i said ealier will is really annoying iv tryed surv staying on the boss putting out 2 black arrows and AMoC on boss bosses wenever i can and iv tryed the same with surv i just cant seem to be happy with it i know that fight is fair poor for hunters but i like to be 100% on my dps and put out all that i can

onto HoF
    first boss is pretty simple as bm the onli issues im having is bad mcs as i pop my cds which really annoys me coz i have a chance of killing a raid member. im struggling keeping dps uptime thoughthe transition phases cause that i know 84k on the kill just does not cut it for me

Blade Lord
    this boss is actually a fresh kill for us we have had numerous attempts on him but seem to have it all down pack now few things on this guy that iv noticed, windstep i dont take less dmg with detterence any phase 2 detterence just dosnt work all together. i found picking up exhilaration works good stacked with a crack rock. i really need help with this boss as 77k is just pathetic for me so any help would be appreciated heaps

thats pretty much it off the top of my head atm

if anyone has any advice they would like to share not only to help me but all the other hunters who are kind of struggling or just want a few extra tips on each boss or if you would like to know how i do some of the bosses please leave a comment it would be greatly appreciated =]

Just from glancing at the parses I can see you aren't using kill command on CD. You are also using crows as BM.

10+ Year Old Account
    hmmm fd said that crows was better over the others as bm mayb i looked at it wrong, i try and make sure kc is used all the time

Multidot the shit out of everything that lives long enough with SS on Will, fight is pretty decent for hunters now.

and just when i thought me doing 120-125ish as Surv. on elegon @ 487 was doing ok... hate you lol - now i gota zoom thru stuff and see how you did it , going to have to try it next week as bm.

one thing i noticed is your serp stings did more damage than your ex shots. i was told that should be flipped - i was doing the same when i first switched to sv for some reason.

crows is the highest damage ability for ALL three specs, but with one condition: that it runs its full duration or even close to it. FD is right. Don't listen to the guy who said you shouldn't, he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Btw, why do you have chimera shot glyph on your sv spec lol. Not that it matters for dps but should probably throw in something that'll be useful like deter or disengage etc. Aside from that, there are two things that I see that could affect your dps. First is that you are a fair bit over the hit and exp caps. I'm guessing you are manually reforging items by yourself. Use wowreforge.com and you should be able to get pretty darn close to if not exactly at the caps if you use the correct stat weights. You could potentially convert that completely useless over capped 0.70% hit/exp to crit or mastery.

Second is that you're using glyph of stampede. I guess if you don't want to min/max and you're just lazy, it's a quality of life kind of glyph. Since you have a turtle, i'm guessing you use it to solo/do dailies etc. But clearly you want to maximize damage. So:
    If you use glyph of stampede (afaik, unless it was changed) once you hit stampede, if your current pet's rabid ability is already on cd, it will be on cd for your summoned pets as well, since they get a snapshot of your current pet once you hit stampede (possibly also current pet focus - not 100% on that).
    Whereas if you have it unglyphed, the summoned pets abilities will be off cd. Best way around it is, get 5 pets, any are fine. But if you're missing like 2 or more buffs in your raid (if 10m) then bring the missing buff pets. You can bring the most important one with your current pet and for a little bit after you hit stampede you'll have the second or any other missing buff for a bit as well. Respec them all to ferocity (your turtle as well, or just swap him in and out for raids), and make sure to set rabid to auto cast on all your stabled pets and turn growl off (obv). This way once they pop, they'll all pop their own individual rabids and melt some faces.

Don't have time just now to go over logs in detail but i glanced over them. SG you are doing fine. SV does more than BM on that fight anyways, but you could just as well go BM and just manually throw srs on the second dog.

Back when I used to do feng normal we just popped lust either last phase (most healing intensive) or initially just to get the most out of trinket procs and whatnot. Fire was never really an issue, can just drop fires to the left and not even worry about it in p3.

BM is best for garajal, unless you're having trouble with adds. Then go sv and serpent sting the shit out of everything.

Why are you using blink strike on kings ? No reason to. Just go with crows and you should do more dps. And dunnu if you are doing it already but park your pet on bosses. It's a hassle, as opposed to just using assist but min/max is min/max. Keep pet on boss while you pew pew the shadows down/break mc's.

155k is great for your gear. Rest of your dps is good as well. But why do you only have 5 bestial wraths ? Elegon is a tricky fight to judge dps though. The shittier your overall raid dps, the higher your personal dps will be. It's like doing LFR madness of deathwing. The shittier the group, the more uptime you got to have on the boss during cataclysm and milking spellweave on adds. And from your logs, the rest of your raid is considerably lower than you. Again though, i'm just glancing the logs and without going into details, you're doing fine. Trick on elegon is to always be attacking, which you are already. Throw an explosive trap on the boss during draw power so it hits orbs and keeps ticking away on boss while you pew pew orbs. When floor despawns, (only do this if you're pro with timing, and all orbs hit the edge simultaneously) pop nitro boosts/cheetah and throw up serpent sting on the opposite side pillars and disengage/run back to your spot. While on your side you can simply throw srs on all three pillars there as well.

Will does suck but it's ok now with the srs buff. Like the guy above said, multi dot your hunter balls off. You're actually really lucky if you get to tunnel the boss. Wish I could do that on H will.

Vizier, just save any speedboost you have or get your lock to put down portals on the stairs and you should get from platform to platform in no time. And you can attack the boss as a hunter in the smoke as well, as long as you're in range.

Blade lord, throw down en explosive trap when he's doing his unseen strike. Cuz you can't do anything else, it's free dmg. And when you run to him after he transitions at 20%, dps him down (don't pop cd's just yet, since most others do as well and he goes down pretty quick), wait till he gets to about 12-11% (have to judge yourself based on your raid dps), refresh srs and then just bolt across to the other side using the fun wind slide. Pop deter while your flying over and save a healthstone just in case or use the self heal. And you'll be there right as the boss comes over and then pew pew.

All these tips are still positive, BUT I have something much more sinister up my sleeve. The scumbaggiest of scumbag dps techniques on elegon would be to MD a bunch of newly spawned adds (i'm shaking my head in disappointment as I write this) to one of your squishy dpsers, preferably one of the highest dpsers and cross your fingers. (ofcourse only do this if it's on complete farm and you could 9 man it if needed) Now if the adds rape that dps and he dies, that means the last phase will last longer. And that is, like i said, where majority of elegon dps comes from.
    Last edited by Saoron; 2012-12-12 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saoron View Post
    The scumbaggiest of scumbag dps techniques on elegon would be to MD a bunch of newly spawned adds (i'm shaking my head in disappointment as I right this) to one of your squishy dpsers, preferably one of the highest dpsers and cross your fingers.
    Hahahaha!

Dragzy: You're not doing bad at all for your gear. You already have a lot of good advice, but its great that you're still interested in doing even better - that will do more for your dps in the long run than anything else. Keep at it!

Thanks for this thread, everybody! I'm behind Dragzy in gear and WAY behind him in DPS but this helps me too.

10+ Year Old Account
    hey mate thanks for taking the time to go over it, it really means alot. couple things to point out and make a little clear crows i always use for each boss its just a huge dps with all my procs and cds going off the bat.

that chimera glyph was just something i didnt glyph out of the other day when i was bored and tested MM in heroics i just forgot all about it lol ( MM needs some srs work just fyi). the reforging man i dont know about you but since exp came in its been shitting me up the wall i think iv spent 1500g just on reforging to try and get the best i can from it thennnnnnnnnnnnn to find wowreforge the other week and im like well fuk i wish i knew about this earlier. i honestly didnt know about it. with wow reforge those are the numbers they gave me however i will go over it again shortly to make sure it hasnt changed, i think it was a week ago i did my reforge but i got the feng boots so i used my own reforging for that ill look into it

the big one is glyph of stampede i remember reading a post saying that it would b a good choice because it will bring out all the same pets so since i run with a ferocity one i just thought it would b the good choice i didnt really read much more on it but now u have suggested that i will definently do it i didnt know the rabid gets affected by all of it.

i generally have my rabid not on auto cast i remember i had it macros in with my LR back before the nerf now its macrod in with AMoC i dont know if it does anything but i just thought since i did it with LR it should scale with crows to. the pets thing i definently wanna test though thank you for mentioning it.

blink strike on kings was me wanted to test another ability and i was bored shitless it was a eh why not type thing since we have it on farm i really didnt care lol. the min/max with the pet thing is one thing i really need to work on i dont do it and i will need to get into the habbit of it, for guys reading this its not a must but if your a freak about numbers like i am i suggest doing it to

ahh elegon elegon how my 147 wipes on you have annoyed the shit out of me. i think i mentioned it before but the 2p is so god damn nice as bm last week was 143k i think without the 2p and this week it was just blown away, i just think that 155 was not enough for me. honestly the 5 BW is a puzzler i had it timed with every 2nd dire beast, i think i know why though its in the orb phase i dont blow it most of the times i try and save for the protector phases since the dmg stacks are going up i thought it would maximise dps that way, thats the only thing i can come up with because i pop it all the time pretty much. im attacking anything i can on elegon lol those last few seconds before changing to the pillar im still hitting elegon right before he is immune then immediently switching to a pillar

when the pillar is at 20% i get 2 kill shots in and just switch to the next pillar once the 3 pillars on my side are dead im right on the little adds cobra shotting to regen focus and moving to our next mark that way when the floor comes back up im at full focus pop a explosive trap on the floor get a few multishots in and a glaive and get back on elegon as soon as im low on focus but just have enough for a SS for elegon if the adds are still up by that time i just ignore them waste of dps uptime ( scumbag i know) the orb phase im doing both a explosive and snakes idk why i seem to have a good 3secs before a orb comes out anyway so i thought why not.

the explosive trap on blade lord is really interesting i had no idea you could do that. i honestly dont think i could get away with the scrumbaggiest technique lol that would be a bit over the top and i might get kicked if the saw me do it hahahahaha.

thanks again for taking the time on this, if anyone else has any imput or any questions about certain boss fights dont be afraid to ask, where all trying to improve here =D

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I blog about *heroic* versions of fights, but most of the information would go for both normal and heroic. Doing them as my raid kills them

Lockandloadhunter.blogspot.com

They have fixed the glyph of stampede issue. All pets get their own cooldowns, so the glyph is usable again.
    (Have tested tha before 5.1, ie fixed long time ago)

1) First of all you troll. YOu post here logs with being ranked on 3 fights in top 100 and you moan how pathetic your dps is
    2) You dont have harder time on Stone Guard because you are SV. SV is the better spec here.
    3) Same applies for Will. And if your guild has you on bosses (why?) than you need to take advantage of Opportunistic strike. You didnt have a single one. As SV hunter you are most useful to your raid when you slow/root Rages, multidot Strengths and bosses, nuke Courages and leave pet on boss.
    4) Spirit Kings: get AMoC. At least you were not padding meter on this fight and was useful to your raid by killing Arrows and Shadows.
    5) Elegon: FYI 155K is in top 100 so sayin it is poor is trolling. On the other hand, you were only meter padding on that fight (low damage both Protectors and Sparks). But if your guild is ok with supporting you to pad meterts than why not...
    6) Zor´lok: Only thing you yourself can do to have higher uptime on boss during transition is that you are already standing at the stairs before transition and jump-disengage from there. Not sure if Posthaste and you can glyph your Disengage, too.
    7) Ta´yak: not sure if you are doing it but you can get really fast to other side of corridor if you Disengage to the stream at 11%. It will take you to approximately half of the corridor. Same as above, Posthaste + glyphed Disengage.

Deleted
    Ok shitters best hunter here to drop some knowledge bombs on your asses.

Stoneguard : Play survival spam multi shot not sure about 10 man ezpz and normal but yeah just do that don't be crap.

Will - Multi-dot the shit of out of the Mogu dont give fuck just dot dot dot dance if you feel like whitney houston also.

Elegon - Have like a serpent sting on add when it spawns then when its about to die double ks also multi shot middle add like a boss and dot opposite adds for sick spark damage.

Zor'lok - L2p press button on cds dont be shit play like you are me the best.

Ta'Yak- Bm deeps jump at 12% use stampede 2nd twirly phase dont be shit learn ur rotation.

Ill will be making a blog and videos soon to teach all of you how to play so look forward to it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LG-IM Best Hunter EU View Post

Ill will be making a blog and videos soon to teach all of you how to play so look forward to it.
    Can't wait

Deleted

Red face

if your current pet's rabid ability is already on cd, it will be on cd for your summoned pets as well, since they get a snapshot of your current pet once you hit stampede (possibly also current pet focus - not 100% on that).
    Didn't know that, nice info!

Edit: If you don't use the glyph, do they benefit from BW? Or even with the glyph, only your normal pet will benefit from it?
    Last edited by mmoc4bac3b2283; 2012-12-14 at 01:50 PM.

If you use glyph of stampede (afaik, unless it was changed) once you hit stampede, if your current pet's rabid ability is already on cd, it will be on cd for your summoned pets as well, since they get a snapshot of your current pet once you hit stampede (possibly also current pet focus - not 100% on that).
    This is false.

It is false now, it was fixed in the patch.

Yea I wasn't 100% that it was still applicable but since it was true back then I stuck with not glyphing cuz I didn't want to risk it. But if you guys can confirm with certainty that it was fixed then great. Glyphing it would make things easier in that case. Not glyphing it would still be better only if you're missing atleast 2 buffs in your raid.

I can't test it myself since i can't frikin log in, but what about focus level/frenzy stacks etc. I'm not sure what all was involved in that 'fix' and what do the 'copies' get summoned with now. There were some lust issues back then too that the pets didn't get the benifit of lust if you popped them after it (might have been just a bug), and only benefited from lust if it was cast after they were summoned. Anyone have a detailed report of stampede data ? Or is someone willing to put in the time to do some tests. .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepfriedegg View Post
    1) First of all you troll. YOu post here logs with being ranked on 3 fights in top 100 and you moan how pathetic your dps is
    2) You dont have harder time on Stone Guard because you are SV. SV is the better spec here.
    3) Same applies for Will. And if your guild has you on bosses (why?) than you need to take advantage of Opportunistic strike. You didnt have a single one. As SV hunter you are most useful to your raid when you slow/root Rages, multidot Strengths and bosses, nuke Courages and leave pet on boss.
    4) Spirit Kings: get AMoC. At least you were not padding meter on this fight and was useful to your raid by killing Arrows and Shadows.
    5) Elegon: FYI 155K is in top 100 so sayin it is poor is trolling. On the other hand, you were only meter padding on that fight (low damage both Protectors and Sparks). But if your guild is ok with supporting you to pad meterts than why not...
    6) Zor´lok: Only thing you yourself can do to have higher uptime on boss during transition is that you are already standing at the stairs before transition and jump-disengage from there. Not sure if Posthaste and you can glyph your Disengage, too.
    7) Ta´yak: not sure if you are doing it but you can get really fast to other side of corridor if you Disengage to the stream at 11%. It will take you to approximately half of the corridor. Same as above, Posthaste + glyphed Disengage.
    just because i rank on bosses dosnt mean i troll, the whole point of the thread is to get feedback from other hunters and see what there doing on certain boss fights and what i can do to further output my hunter. if i wanted to troll id link logs and leave it at that.

i need to focus alot more on will next week i will put into effect what a few ppl have mentioned and see where it takes me
    spirit kings this week i wasnt even trying to do anything like i said i took blink strike coz i felt like a change and wanted to see where that was i always switch to arrows/shadows on that fight
    elegon was not being a troll i ignore protectors completely since our raid can manage taking them down fine, however i will try a SS and 2 KS next week and see how that goes sparks i just focus my own
    Ta'yak one is interesting i did not know u could disengage while in the stream and still have the effect even better wen its glyphed so i will definently test that out

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 05:00 PM ----------

Yea I wasn't 100% that it was still applicable but since it was true back then I stuck with not glyphing cuz I didn't want to risk it. But if you guys can confirm with certainty that it was fixed then great. Glyphing it would make things easier in that case. Not glyphing it would still be better only if you're missing atleast 2 buffs in your raid.

I can't test it myself since i can't frikin log in, but what about focus level/frenzy stacks etc. I'm not sure what all was involved in that 'fix' and what do the 'copies' get summoned with now. There were some lust issues back then too that the pets didn't get the benifit of lust if you popped them after it (might have been just a bug), and only benefited from lust if it was cast after they were summoned. Anyone have a detailed report of stampede data ? Or is someone willing to put in the time to do some tests. .
    i have it unglyphed atm but i cant test it out thoroughly untill the raid resets =[
    Last edited by Dragzy; 2012-12-15 at 04:59 PM.