Page 1 of 2
LastLast

PTR Patch 5.2 Soon ?

Asked Zarhym about this, he just give me answer "In Due Time" Any toughts guys what u think, do we gonna get something for end of this year? :/

We had October 2nd, season 12 started... We have about 3 weeks or maybe 2 to complete wrathion quest-line. Most players complited their Horde / Alliance quest-line... I don't want to stick with jumping in Stormwind and doing some Rated BG...

There is Christmas there is New Year, can't remember good what Blizzard gonna do, but I just got feel that I will be bored in Diablo 3 and WoW till the end of January 2013 :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully early next year, what I really want is a preview of what we can expect. Blizzard will ride off that hype for a while then start the PTR. But with Christmas/New Year it seems unlikely we will see it on the PTR this year.

I don't think it will come to PTR before 2013.

I think you read "In due time" as "Yes"
    When actually it usually means

"No, and not for quite a while"

10+ Year Old Account
    No, we'll be lucky to have any info about it before 2013.

it's a new raid. which means we will see it in about 6 months.

see: firelands -> dragon soul

plenty of time to finish wrathions valor quest I guess

A bunch of podcasts got personal interviews with Devs and I think Convert to Raid got an interview with the guy in charge of making raid content, All things Azeroth got Ghost Crawler, the Instance got Russell Brower, and Dark Moon podcast got someone else. On one of those podcasts they were asked about when 5.2 would be released and generally got a non-answer. Just like OP's 'All in due time' its just a non-answer. They won't leak out information like this, they are trained in how to deal with media and questions from the public.

If they say December 13'th and they miss that date then all the forum Ghosts that haunt this site would be going on rampages about how Blizzard is closing its doors because they can't get 5.2 out on time. You get warlocks screaming about law suits because they didnt get green fire again. ect.

My best guess is that it will be shorter than the time spent between firelands and dragon soul but not before January before it gets released on PTR.

10+ Year Old Account
    If all you do is sit in stormwind and rbg thats your fault though...just saying. But yeah like others have said, i dont expect any info til 2012 is over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    No, we'll be lucky to have any info about it before 2013.
    They said that each patch is 2 months, and raids 4 months, so it won't be 6 months but 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    If all you do is sit in stormwind and rbg thats your fault though...just saying. But yeah like others have said, i dont expect any info til 2012 is over.
    Well I only have one character, I really don't intend to make an alt, maybe I make a Horde char on some other server, and reason would be prolly to see a diff side and quest. I play this game because of PvP and Lore mostly, not that much interested in HC Raiding...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silencer View Post
    Well I only have one character, I really don't intend to make an alt, maybe I make a Horde char on some other server, and reason would be prolly to see a diff side and quest. I play this game because of PvP and Lore mostly, not that much interested in HC Raiding...

You can raid and not be hardcore :P
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Ummm just read interview with Ion Hazzikostas, Patch 5.2 information is coming Soon™. ^^

Deleted
    the only page you need to check out anytime you get excited about a new patch, when one has only just come out.

Go type soon on Wowpedia

Minor Patch (ie 5.1) 2 months
    Major Patch (w raid) 4 months

someone help me link the blue for ^

4 months from Release of Panadaria or 4 month after 5.1 ?:P

Soon means nothing, its a non-answer. Soon is what I tell my wife when she asks me when I am going to find a better job than I have when I enjoy the job I have. I'm a graphic designer and my boss expects very little from me, hence why I can poke forums Ghosts so much here.

10+ Year Old Account
    How could you possibly be bored ANY time in the near future with how much their is too do in MoP? I don't understand this at all.

In answer to your question, my guess would be tail end of March is when we will see 5.2.
    For the night is dark and full of terrors

Most likely the PTR will appear in the first half of January, however it'll most likely be at least 2 months from then until the patch, maybe even more. The 4 months probably means from 5.1 which means we can expect that new raid to be out in late March.
    My addons:
    Announce Interrupts: Announces in chat when you interrupt a spell.
    Tol Barad Reminder: Reminds you to queue for Tol Barad by printing a message when the battle is approaching.
    EasyLogger: Turns on /combatlog inside raid instances, and off outside.
    Simple class resource bars: Paladin Rogue Shaman Monk Priest

How could you possibly be bored ANY time in the near future with how much their is too do in MoP? I don't understand this at all.
    Me either. I play almost every day for several hours, and I raid 2 times a week. I was also a person who got bored fast with every patch cycle in cataclysm. My guild just downed Elegon on normal. I'm in no rush to see a new raid tier yet its only been 2.5 months.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thornlix View Post
    They said that each patch is 2 months, and raids 4 months, so it won't be 6 months but 4.
    no, it's 4 months between raids, so around 2 months till 5.2 from now