10+ Year Old Account

What kind of FPS Can I Get In Mists With This?

***PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE POST BEFORE COMMENTING*** I know everybody has strong feelings that Intel is better, but under these specific circumstances I'm not sure it really matters that I selected an AMD...

I plan on playing at 1366x768 resolution with an HD 7770 and a 20% Overclocked FX-4300. Can I get Ultra Settings (with shadows, water texutres, and sunshafts tunred off because I don't care about them) with that? What about in Stormwind or in 5-man dungeons/10-man raids? All I really care about is view distance, environment detail, and particle density, I want those 3 on the absolute maximum humanly possible. The rest of the stuff I don't even understand what it is and currently if I turn it off/on I can't really even notice any difference anyway.

So under those circumstances, would the above build be good for getting decent FPS in those situations?

Here's the exact specifications I'm looking at, it's only $722.90 including shipping and handling (no OS, I have a special hookup to get Windows 8 for a good deal elsewhere).

CPU: AMD FX-4300 3.80 GHz Quad-Core AM3+ CPU 4MB L2 Cache & Turbo Core Technology [+20]
    HDD: 500GB SATA-III 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [-14] (Single Drive)
    MEMORY: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)
    MOTHERBOARD: * [CrossFireX] ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0 AMD 970 Chipset CrossFireX Support DDR3 Socket AM3+ ATX w/ 7.1 Audio, GbLAN, 2 Gen2 PCIe X16, 2 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI (Pro OC Certified) [+2]
    SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
    VIDEO: AMD Radeon HD 7770 1GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+60] (Major Brand Powered by AMD)

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    I plan on playing at 1366x768 resolution with an HD 7770 and a 20% Overclocked FX-4300. Can I get Ultra Settings (with shadows, water texutres, and sunshafts tunred off because I don't care about them) with that? What about in Stormwind or in 5-man dungeons/10-man raids? All I really care about is view distance, environment detail, and particle density, I want those 3 on the absolute maximum humanly possible. The rest of the stuff I don't even understand what it is and currently if I turn it off/on I can't really even notice any difference anyway.

Here's the exact specifications I'm looking at, it's only $722.90 including shipping and handling (no OS, I have a special hookup to get Windows 8 for a good deal elsewhere).

This was taken with an old school laptop CPU T9400 GPU 9600M GT. Your specs are at least two to three times mine so you should be set.

Are you sure you want to go with prebuilt? Here's a build at +50% of the performance for the same price:

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($214.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU Cooler: Xigmatek GAIA SD1283 56.3 CFM CPU Cooler ($19.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Pro4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($107.86 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Samsung 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($34.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($64.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7850 1GB Video Card ($162.55 @ Newegg)
    Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($47.98 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Corsair Builder 430W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($35.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $689.34
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-12-12 20:00 EST-0500)
    You can swap out the 3570K for the FX-4300 and save $150 if you wanted.
    Last edited by yurano; 2012-12-13 at 06:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post

This was taken with an old school laptop CPU T9400 GPU 9600M GT. Your specs are at least two to three times mine so you should be set.

Are you sure you want to go with prebuilt? Here's a build at +50% of the performance for the same price:

You can swap out the 3570K for the FX-4300 and save $150 if you wanted.
    Wow, thanks that makes me feel a lot better! lol I just got chewed out over on Tom's Hardware by some guy who was convinced that I'd get about 2 fps with the build I posted.

I do prefer to go prebuilt (CyberpowerPC) because I just have no idea how to do it myself. I've seen videos on youtube and whatnot, but I honestly just don't have the skills. I wish I did, but I just don't want to put the time/effort into paying for it when the price difference is only a hundred or so dollars, I'd rather just pay a professional and have the peace of mind instead of bumbling around and screwing it up trying to do it myself with no experience and no clue what I'm doing.

Building your computer is easy and worth it.. However staying more on topic... I'll try and find a better deal for the price you are willing to pay for that build, around £450 i believe...
    I know you said "i believe it dosent matter about intel/amd down due to these specific points" but i didn't understand, unless you meant because you aren't asking for much on the graphics? Intel would still be better.

Have someone comment on the builds i post... but this one would i.m.o easily run what you want + more...

Ebay; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Comput...item2325505d3c

a little bit more that the build you posted, but would easily run double the performance i.m.o, the only thing im worried about is the Mobo/CPU compatability, i heard the mobo can be flashed/bios updated to run it safely.

---

Another ebay link, cheaper but no GPU

link; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Intel-Core...item2ec45af6f1

like £100-130 cheaper, and a GPU like a ati/amd 5770 / 6770 can be brought for less, EASILY INSERTED (like a memory card so dont worry about messing up!) and it easily will run ultra at 60 fps, i used the 5770 pre mop, and the 6770 recently (replaced it 11th december).

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the replies. I think I'm just going to bite the bullet and save up for an Intel-based system. It's only a couple more weeks of savings and I'd rather wait 2 more pay-cycles and get all I want + more than just blow through the money to get something now. Much obliged!