Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Next Expansion Leak: Argus Prophecy

Hey guys, I have a friend who works in Blizzard and last night I got a bit of information about the next expansion from her. Basically the whole thing is based around the Naaru and their plans finally being revealed coming into fruition. Both Elune and the Tauren's sun god are revealed as Naaru who have been present on Azeroth for a long time.

The Naaru themselves aren't exactly what we've been led to believe, they are the lingering souls of a race that were deemed chaotic by the Titans and thus destroyed very early on (contrary to them being created at the dawn of time). They oppose both the Titans and the Burning Legion and have been constructing an army of light to essentially resist both. Azeroth has been on their radar for a long time and it is no coincidence that the Orcs and Draenai ended up on Azeroth. Velen is privy to much of this information.

Another important storyline tidbit she gave me is that apparently there is a civil war in the burning legion. Kil'Jaeden, who has become increasingly powerful over time, has rebelled against Sargeras in his weakened state since Medivh's death and now commands many of the legions species including the eredar demons and pitlords.

She would not reveal who the main bad guy is in the expansion, but we will be finding out the fate Alleria. Let's just say she's not so friendly any more *wink wink*. Turalyon apparently followed her through the portal and now leads some kind of resistance on the other side...

She told me some features of the expansion:
    - Will be set mainly on the legion home world of Argus
    - level cap is 95
    - new demon hunter class available to all races.
    - new soul shifting mechanic. She wouldn't reveal anything about it
    - path of the titans re-introduced
    - time travel will be involved, and we will get to see how Argus fell. Not sure if via instances, or zones set in the past

Some questions:

Q: what do you mean about Alleria?
    A: Alleria will be one of the main bad guys if not THE bad guy in the expansion from what I gather. When she stepped through the portal she was captured and pumped full of fel energy by the Legion, turning her into a part flesh/part mechnical monstrosity. She quickly became a powerful lieutenant to Kil'Jaeden. I'm not sure if Alleria is still aligned to Kil'Jaeden or not. From what I gather she is somewhat an "Illidan"-like figure.

Q: Will we see Kil'Jaeden and Sargeras?
    A: Not sure. My friend said their forces will be involved in the expansion and a lot of Argus is dominated by running battles between the two.
    Q: ... and Turalyon?
    A: Turalyon saw what happened to Alleria and was heartstruck as we unable to help her. He built some kind of resistance along with uncorrupted Eredar (who survived and hid on Argus apparently) and rebels from the Legion. They have been in constant war for many years with the Legion on the planet. This faction will be one of the main ones we will be assisting. I gather some of the motivation for the storyline is the tragedy of the love between Turalyon and Alleria. If I was to guess what will happen I'd assume they're both going to die together at the end, but that's just my speculation.

Q: What about raid instances?
    A: No idea.

Q: could you get more info on the soul shifting mechanic?
    A: If I was to guess what this was, I'd assume it was a way of temporarily "levelling down" your character so you can play with friends and raid old content. That's just my *guess* though.

Feel free to ask more questions. I probably won't be able to answer most of them though.

Is this a joke?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    Hey guys, I have a friend who works in Blizzard
    The same thing.. all the time.

This does sound epic, I would like it.

Deleted
    yeah right.

Not sure if fake or not though. Got any proof of it?
    Wether fake or not, it does sound cool.

no mention of daily quests?

must be a hoax.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, will see whether or not this is true in time. Give it a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

the guy who has been bashing wow all year long has inside information about the next expansion O-O sure seems legit
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

why would i lower my current level to do old raids?

Even if you had a friend at Blizzard i dont he or she would tell you shit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the guy who has been bashing wow all year long has inside information about the next expansion O-O sure seems legit
    His latest posts says "best expansion they have done" why the change of heart I wonder ?

10+ Year Old Account
    oh ok sounds legit cant wait

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    His latest posts says "best expansion they have done" why the change of heart I wonder ?
    He's probably bi-polar.

Sounds like some crappy fanfiction...

Deleted
    Those are cool ideas, apart from the image of Alleria looking like a Mo'arg, but I'm inclined to not to take it as authentic 'til I see a Blue post saying the same thing.

I think it's fake. But next expansion can be about Burning Legion tho...

Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    eh if it turns out to be true il call him a hero just for demon hunters O-O id say me'dan was the best most creative inspiring character in warcraft lore to get demon hunters
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Right, a clever troll but not clever enough.

I will keep a open mind about this

The stuff about the naaruu sounds intriguing but if it turns out to be fake then which it prolly is then no biggie

10+ Year Old Account
    BS post. Sorry, not buying it for a second.