[Balance] Starsurge not adding energy correctly

I have noticed that Starsurge is not adding Lunar/Solar energy every time it is used on instant cast procs. This is causing the need for additional cast to reach the next eclipse and is making our already lackluster dps even more shoddy. At first I thought I must have not been paying close enough attention to my energy bar and just missed the jump in energy. But after running rotations for 10-15 mins on a practice dummy and watching for that particular problem. I can verify that it fails to add the energy more than it applies it. Is this something that is intended or is the game mechanic bugged? I'm using a stock UI so it is not a problem with an addon not operating right.

I haven't noticed this at all (and I don't feel like it's the case), but I won't be able to confirm until I get home.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes if while casting a SS you get a SS proc, the first cast will eat the SS proc before you can use it. So if you are spamming SS to use the proc after the first cast you may think you have casted a second SS, because the proc goes away, but in reality only 1 SS was cast and the proc was just eaten, which is why you wouldn't see any energy gain from the "second" one because it never happened.

This bug has been around forever though and doesn't happen all that much. If this isn't what you're talking about then I'm not sure.

Furthermore I can 100% confirm that this is not true:

Quote Originally Posted by Berserxs View Post
    I have noticed that Starsurge is not adding Lunar/Solar energy every time it is used on instant cast procs.
    Last edited by Stommped; 2012-12-13 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post

I'm sitting here watching happen as I'm posting this. Hard casting a Starfire and then hitting Stargsurge instant cast (from proc) so that they hit at almost the same time and I'm only getting 20 energy during eclipse on several of the procs. I should be getting 20 from each of them. This happens more times than it does not happen.

During eclipse or outside of eclipse? because your first post sounds like its happening outside of eclipse working your way towards full - while your last post sounds like you are in eclipse and working your way towards 0.

Does it happen in both scenarios? It could matter because eclipse energy is double outside of eclipse (due to euphoria) - so if its only happening in one scenario, that could mean something.

Keiyra, back to the practice dummies and tried it again and it is only happening during lunar eclipse, seems to be adding correctly during the transition phase. I haven't noticed it at all during solar eclipse.

Download fraps, fraps it, post it on youtube. I dont have any problems with it, and I've never heard of it. Let's see it instead.
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/shattered-hand/Andycandyy/advanced

I'm not getting this problem at all either. Are you sure it's not an addon failure if you're using an addon for your eclipse bar?

Quote Originally Posted by Aphie View Post
    I'm not getting this problem at all either. Are you sure it's not an addon failure if you're using an addon for your eclipse bar?
    I'm not using an addon to track my energy bar and I use a stock UI. I really don't think I'm mistaken because I do not see this happen during Solar Eclipse. When I cast Starfire during Lunar Eclipse and hit Starsurge at the end of the cast, both spell effects go off at the same time but my energy bar only moves 20 points about half of the time. It's not consistent and I don't see this happening any other time during my rotation. I will watch it some more and see if I can notice any other factor that may be involved. The first time I noticed it I thought i was mistaken. But now that I've started looking for it, I notice it a lot.

I have never noticed starsurge not add energy. I pretty much tunnel my eclipse bar and I'm pretty focused on it during raids. If it didn't add energy on any cast, I would be flipping out and checking my hit rating mid fight.

I just swapped to the default blizzard bar and tested your issue, the only thing I can see is that when you starfire into an instant starsurge, the energy update is fluid and all at once, so it doesn't move once then again, but all 40 energy at once. It's small, so maybe it looks to you as if it's not giving you the starsurge energy.

It's literally not a thing that starsurge isn't adding energy. You may just be interpreting your energy bar differently.

Other than that - are you hit capped?

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    I just swapped to the default blizzard bar and tested your issue, the only thing I can see is that when you starfire into an instant starsurge, the energy update is fluid and all at once, so it doesn't move once then again, but all 40 energy at once. It's small, so maybe it looks to you as if it's not giving you the starsurge energy.
    Maybe that is the issue and i just haven't noticed it before. I will look a little closer. And I am hit capped so i know it's not a problem of missing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Sometimes if while casting a SS you get a SS proc, the first cast will eat the SS proc before you can use it. So if you are spamming SS to use the proc after the first cast you may think you have casted a second SS, because the proc goes away, but in reality only 1 SS was cast and the proc was just eaten, which is why you wouldn't see any energy gain from the "second" one because it never happened.

This bug has been around forever though and doesn't happen all that much. If this isn't what you're talking about then I'm not sure.

Shooting Stars procs can no longer be eaten. If you cast a starsurge and shooting stars procs, the cooldown will be reset/available as an instant when the initial starsurge lands.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre