10+ Year Old Account
    They really need a striker don't they. Poor Arsenal

Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    Oh my... Bradford beating Arsenal on penalties... Had to be a Belgian missing the crucial penalty lol :/ Well, grats to Bradford!
    I like one of the comments on the BBC website:

Maxtor
    1 Minute ago

What's the difference between Arsenal and a cup of tea?

The tea stays longer in the cup

:-)
    And, Arsenal supporters, I feel your pain...we lost 4:1 to Villa :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laffling View Post
    They really need a striker don't they. Poor Arsenal
    At this point im contemplating getting in shape so i can make myself available for the January window as a striker, maybe Wenger will give me a chance since he seems to buy players from Macedonia now. Last night Gervinho managed to miss a tap in from 4 yards, actualy he managed to miss the BALL. MISS THE BALL. Let that sink in, if someone heard me swear at him last night i would be in jail now.

I want to hope that we are gonna get a striker in this transfer window (other then grandpa Henry), but knowing our transfer history its more likely we sell Theo and buy some 10 year old for 10 mil.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

10+ Year Old Account

I don't even.......sorry for you're pain

What a tit - that miss is the worst sclaff of a football in history!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well as an Arsenal fan i am entitled to some good news i think. And just now i read that Pep has made Arsenal the club he wants to run next or "his choice". Now the source of this info is unknown, but i want to believe it, i need to. Even though i think Pep had the luxury to have some of the best players in the world in Barca and some questioned his ability (including myself), i bet he will be eager to prove that he is a good coach and much like Jose Murinho, he can find success anywhere.

Don't spoil this for me pls, at least not today.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mirodin View Post
    Well as an Arsenal fan i am entitled to some good news i think. And just now i read that Pep has made Arsenal the club he wants to run next or "his choice". Now the source of this info is unknown, but i want to believe it, i need to. Even though i think Pep had the luxury to have some of the best players in the world in Barca and some questioned his ability (including myself), i bet he will be eager to prove that he is a good coach and much like Jose Murinho, he can find success anywhere.

Don't spoil this for me pls, at least not today.
    heck, with the way wigan is playing right now I want Martinez, he atleast can inspire his players to believe in him which is what arsenal needs more then anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldier, TF2
    "You were good son, real good; maybe even the best."

10+ Year Old Account
    He didn't even know that he did it classic Pepe

Edit:
    So that site got banned so heres the youtube link
    Last edited by laffling; 2012-12-13 at 12:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something about that image.

Watch the defender who comes in on the near side to the camera towards the end, the one wearing gloves.

He sees the miss and despite it being in favour of his team, STILL facepalms at how bad it was.

---------- Post added 2012-12-13 at 11:51 AM ----------

Oh right, nearly forgot:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-20700529#%23_tab

One Udinese fan, there's only one Udinese fan!
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Fair play to that guy for turning up & sticking it out - I did joke with my SPL supporting friends that he'd fit right in with the average SPL crowd! Imagine having a full stand to yourself to pick out the best seat in the place and no queue for a pie at half-time!
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Looks like Arsenal are United's new best friend.

Doubt that move will go through, but then again I never thought I'd see RVP in a united jersey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    Looks like Arsenal are United's new best friend.

Doubt that move will go through, but then again I never thought I'd see RVP in a united jersey.
    With talk of Arsenal going for Nani, there could be a swap in the January window at this rate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Do we really want Walcott though?

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you Utd selling 1 of Welbeck/Hernandez ? Walcott wants to play as a striker at least that's what he says, going by that it would be stupid to go to Man U where he would be a reserve to RVP/Rooney. I just don't see this move happening, makes no sense, even if he was to play a right winger Utd have Valencia there. I don't know i've been surprised in the past so i guess anything could happen.
    It's coming in 1.2!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Welbeck isn't United quality. At the moment he's filler space and the midfield is not short for talent.

Danny Welbeck is great for a mid/lower Premiership team, but when you consider United's strikeforce history over the last 20 years, he doesn't match up.

Rooney would actually sit behind a Van Persie/Walcott in a Scholes style role, he's done it before behind RVP and Hernandez, it works really well at breaking down tough back fours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    Welbeck isn't United quality. At the moment he's filler space and the midfield is not short for talent.

Danny Welbeck is great for a mid/lower Premiership team, but when you consider United's strikeforce history over the last 20 years, he doesn't match up.

Rooney would actually sit behind a Van Persie/Walcott in a Scholes style role, he's done it before behind RVP and Hernandez, it works really well at breaking down tough back fours.
    He has a comparable goals to games ratio as RVP did at his age, and in a better league. I'm not a Manchester United fan but Wellbeck is most definitley United quality, any team outside Manchester with exception to Chealsea, Spurs, and possibly Newcastle would kill for a player of his current quality. Yet at his age he is still developing. He also has a international goal rate that is 1/3 already.

What you need to consider about the strike force that Manchester United have had over the years is usually they buy players in their prime, or bring in players of an equal talent to Wellbeck.

Maybe it's a curse that clubs like Manchester United have, in that the local lads are deamed not up to standard by fans who watch them from a far. I wonder if there is a different feeling towards him from the more local supporters. Sometimes it goes either way they can be the local hero or scapegoat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who is worse Uefa or Fifa??
    England U21 pair Steven Caulker and Thomas Ince have been banned for their parts in the melee that followed the clash with Serbia U21s.
    Serbia, meanwhile, have been fined 80,000 euros for their part in the melee, and they must play their next UEFA competition home match behind closed doors.

In addition, four of their players have been suspended - Goran Causic, Ognjen Mudrinski, Filip Malbasic and Nikola Ninkovic for four, three, three and two games respectively - and coaches Andreja Milunovic and Predrag Katic are banned from football-related activities for two years.
    My god Serbia got off lucky

10+ Year Old Account
    While I'll quickly take a moment to remind everyone of the tinfoil hat rule, I'll say I'm utterly stunned at the lightness of Serbia's punishment here.

There has to be more to this than face value, demands of change within the Serbian FA, look at crowd control etc etc. Because I refuse to believe UEFA could be so ignorant to the situation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fengore View Post
    While I'll quickly take a moment to remind everyone of the tinfoil hat rule, I'll say I'm utterly stunned at the lightness of Serbia's punishment here.

There has to be more to this than face value, demands of change within the Serbian FA, look at crowd control etc etc. Because I refuse to believe UEFA could be so ignorant to the situation.
    they got disciplined a few days ago for trouble in the game v Wales also.

FIFA and UEFA are as bent as they come. Cannot be trusted at all, if there is money to be made to line their pockets they don't give a toss. Also matters of hooliganisum, racisum or corruption are overlooked if it suits them. Only if one of the home nations fucks up do they care, the fact that the International Football Association Board exsists is a major problem for them even tho it does nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    £65,000 for Serbia, and £80,000 for Bentdner. So wearing sponsored underpants is worse than a race riot. Good job UEFA