View Poll Results: Do you support banning AND round-up of said guns in the USA?

Voters
280. This poll is closed
  • No - I'm an American

154 55.00%
  • Yes - I'm an American

27 9.64%
  • No - I'm Not an American

33 11.79%
  • Yes - I'm Not an American

66 23.57%
    There are tens of millions of guns in the USA. There are constitutional protections for gun ownership. There are numerous laws regulating gun ownership. What this means is that new laws and regulations are not going to magically make guns vanish, the same way that "laws" have not prevented illegal narcotics from entering the USA or illegal aliens from entering the USA.

Once again, the despicableand horrific act of a deranged individual is made to reflect on all gun ownership and issues in America. Evil and insane people will always find ways to commit mass violence if they so desire. Such as making explosive devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Krunsh View Post
    gun control just makes things harder on legitimate law abiding citizens. If people want to kill, they will, even if its with a terrorist bought serial scratched off gun
    How many of these shootings have involved illegally purchased guns?

Also, to the OP, I'm not sure how one ten-millionth of the population dying is a significant factor in gun control.
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Fuck, link that weapon to me. In my 9 years active Infantry, I have never heard of such an awesome weapon. Give me 100 of those weapons, 100 good men and I could conquer the UK.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFjGbOyd2ek
    Pretty sure the person you quoted was talking about things that aren't available to the public as a way to point out that there are weapons that no civilian should ever have.
    Last edited by v2prwsmb45yhuq3wj23vpjk; 2012-12-14 at 11:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    Jack the Ripper, killed how many people? Without a gun. They stopped him when? That's what I thought...
    Didn't seem too hard for him, with just a knife.
    Serial killers kill one maybe 2 at a time over long periods of time. That is comparing apples to steaks. America is violent has 30k gun related deaths a year, and the amount of spree killings is going up gradually. These things need to be addressed, serial killers are a different situation.

lol time for gun control laws...the guns are in america...theyre already here. if we outlawed guns then wed jsuth ave millions of illegal guns. ppl are gonig to keep em even if its illegal rofl

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonix80 View Post
    Banned or control guns aren't answer nor the solution to the problem. It's morals and values that people desparately need. Community and support as well. They are what develop characters.
    Absolutely correct, and with certain factions that are against personal responsibility in favor of sucking at the tete of the government are the reason for the decay of morals and values in the western world. When folks had a stake in their own success they worked harder, they cared more about doing the right thing and those around them. Today however, we have folks that would rather pillage from those that have instead of striving to earn what we want.

Today is a tragedy that could have been prevented, but it wasn't, it was enabled by the wanton degradation in personal responsibility that is pervasive in a society that allows folks to do anything they want without consequence.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookeh View Post

Gogogo, kick that queen off her throne!

Because meth kills the user, not an innocent who doesn't want anything to do with it.
    Think I've seen that in a docus, isnt that the gun that electricly disscharge the bullets by a current and they are stacked behind one another in some way?
    Oh and obviously it was not using conventional bullets but smt else
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    First of all i was posting facts, been familiar with homless and poverty numbers. Social safety nets and the healthcare is of no shock
    so stop being lame and throw the nation bashing card.
    Secondly I never said what works in the US automatically can be applied in the EU or the other way around.

All I did was to counter your remark that the US had more crazies which I firmly believe is not true, what I did say was that any sane person
    can lose it when facing difficult life conditions, hence why I brought up the above issues.

At least get some shit that you just typed right.

Oh, if you scroll back you will see posts from me saying that any form of ban would do more harm than good, regulations is a start a ban of any sort would be stupid regarding shotguns and handguns.
    you can post me facts all day long buddy, but you were very much trying to make your country out to be better than mine, so stop trying to act like you were not.

again, america =/= europe. we are way way way more culturally different, so your idea that it will work is flat out asinine.

well, anyways, job is done, need to get the the gym for i have uni labs till 10pm.

Yes, it is.

It's time to discuss how much it has failed and that increasing regulation will do nothing to prevent crimes like this. People need to wake up, gun crimes are committed by criminals, evil people, individuals who DO NOT FOLLOW THE LAWS. More laws and regulation will only hurt honest and good gun owners.

10+ Year Old Account
    Living in Connecticut my whole life. This whole thing sickens me. I literally wept because killing kids is just utterly terrible.

As to gun control, no, this isn't about guns, this is about someone who was so mentally sick they murdered 26 people, 20 of them being children.

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    Seriously I support guns rights, but I face palm every time someone tries to equate a gun and a knife in terms of killing power as if the two were some how equally dangerous.
    I don't usually post on here, and quite often just browse, however, I did want to correct your view on things. I'm a trained Police Officer and per the Self Defense Matrix, as well as how we are trained in regards to fire fights etc. If a person bears a knife within 20-25 feet of you, you are well within your right, your training and your regulations to fire your firearm upon them to kill, not injure, in self defense.

Also, it is taught that even at 10 feet apart, 2 people firing on each other will miss more than they will hit someone, based on the amount of adrenaline in your body. That is why you are trained to control your breathing and focus while on the firing range.

I hate how this tragedy has become a gun control issue. No gun control or lack of gun control could have prevented this he targeted children...I'm just so sickened by the state of our world and my country

Im just glad the shooter also died. Last thing we need is some soulless, asshole, lawyer trying to get that sick son of a bitch off on an insanity defense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    As much as I am for stricter gun control, I don't think that image is very accurate. I think it's rather biased tbh.

Great Britain does not have as high of a population as the United States so I'd expect there to be fewer crimes. However, with that said, the numbers are still not proportional 10,000:8 does not reflect the difference in overall population between the two nations at all. That disproportion is a bit disconcerting.
    http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...-with-firearms

Rank Countries Amount
    # 1 South Africa: 31,918
    # 2 Colombia: 21,898
    # 3 Thailand: 20,032
    # 4 United States: 9,369
    # 5 Philippines: 7,708
    # 6 Mexico: 2,606
    # 7 Slovakia: 2,356
    # 8 El Salvador: 1,441
    # 9 Zimbabwe: 598
    # 10 Peru: 442
    # 11 Germany: 269
    # 12 Czech Republic: 181
    # 13 Ukraine: 173
    # 14 Canada: 144
    # 15 Albania: 135
    # 16 Costa Rica: 131
    # 17 Azerbaijan: 120
    # 18 Poland: 111
    # 19 Uruguay: 109
    # 20 Spain: 97
    # 21 Portugal: 90
    # 22 Croatia: 76
    # 23 Switzerland: 68
    # 24 Bulgaria: 63
    # 25 Australia: 59
    # 26 Sweden: 58
    # 27 Bolivia: 52
    # 28 Japan: 47
    # 29 Slovenia: 39
    = 30 Belarus: 38
    = 30 Hungary: 38
    # 32 Latvia: 28
    # 33 Burma: 27
    # 34 Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of: 26
    # 35 Austria: 25
    # 36 Estonia: 21
    # 37 Moldova: 20
    # 38 Lithuania: 16
    = 39 United Kingdom: 14
    = 39 Denmark: 14
    # 41 Ireland: 12
    # 42 New Zealand: 10
    # 43 Chile: 9
    # 44 Cyprus: 4
    # 45 Morocco: 1

this years numbers, looks like the US is actually down from previous years. I've been quoting the 2010 30k number, we only had 10k, of course the 30k included suicides and accidents.
    Last edited by Gothicshark; 2012-12-14 at 11:34 PM.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Another person who does not get the point. Did you read or know what the outcome in China stabbings are?? NONE of the children were killed, one so far is in critical condition. While here in the United States, well 26 people all dead. Its common sense, cmon!! A person with a knife is going to do less fatal damage and greater chance to subdue or disarm than someone with a high capacity, semi-auto weapon.
    Your not getting the point people that are mentally sick are going to hurt other people guns or no guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayonel View Post
    W

Uh, you say it's not banning, but severely limiting is the same thing.

It doesn't seem like we have a gun problem, we have a psychopath problem. I believe I mentioned the last time we had one of these threads, way back, uh, oh yes, three days ago, I pointed out, to no fanfare, that Cho, Loughner, and Joker(forget his name ATM) were all seeing psychiatrists, were all on anti-psychotics, and could not legally purchase guns. However, since doctors don't disclose at their patients are violence prone psychopaths who admit to urges to commit mass murders, it comes down to the offender lying on their 4473(the federal form that must be filled out, which screens for this, and is communicated to the Feds with every purchase) and the Feds not knowing the person is prohibited because they have no record.

One important feature that you forgot to point out about all those wonderful countries with no guns, few police, and low crime is that they are also relatively wealthy, demographically homogenous(yes, that means White Northern Europeans) and of similar social mindset. A big part of the issue that is ignored is that the US is very ethnically diverse, and no, this isn't a racist observation, and the statistics show that there is more violence in countries where there are large degrees of socioeconomic and ethnic diversity in close proximity.

If you compare teen pregnancy and abortion in Sweden and the US, and then do a similar comparison with respect to violent crime, you will probably find strong correlations in the disparities between the two countries.

Stepping down from my soap box, this is a horrible tragedy, and i feel terrible for the families who lost their children or loved ones. I hope that we are able to find a way to deal with the large numbers of people who have severe mental illness but whose privacy we value as more important then the lives of the people who live in their communities.
    I completely understand your point but I am from Belgium, we aren't really more wealthy then the US, we have and even more diverse population ( in Antwerp we have around 280 different nationalities, that's prob a record )

Even with that gun crimes are very rare in Antwerp, there are fights and people shouting hate on the internet (sharia4Belgium anyone ? ) and stuff like that.

But what I mean is, Although you are correct with what you say, the availability of weapons still has a large impact on gun crimes. And if anything can be done to reduce death's then it should be done.

What I think hold the US back is that it has a lot of income from gun production and sales, and that some people are scared it would hurt the economy in an already difficult time. And they would prob be right. But still in the long run the US should work to reduce the amount of weapons in circulations.

Like the other guy in this thread that has 2 dozens of guns, why would you ever need that much ?

Do you have 24 arms and hands to shoot with ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Serial killers kill one maybe 2 at a time over long periods of time. That is comparing apples to steaks. America is violent has 30k gun related deaths a year, and the amount of spree killings is going up gradually. These things need to be addressed, serial killers are a different situation.
    yeah, once agian, our whack job violence would be just the same over here (really starting to get saddened that we have more nut jobs here than other countries by a huge margin). they would just build a bomb to do their deed.

seriously guns are just an easy out, but if they were banned it would still happen. regardless.

Whats the point disscusing this? No matter what happens, pro-gun people cant think rational. All I know is that every day I live Im so happy to live in Denmark.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

We have plenty of gun laws on the books, they're just not enforced.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cr...-with-firearms

Rank Countries Amount
    # 1 South Africa: 31,918
    # 2 Colombia: 21,898
    # 3 Thailand: 20,032
    # 4 United States: 9,369
    # 5 Philippines: 7,708
    # 6 Mexico: 2,606
    # 7 Slovakia: 2,356
    # 8 El Salvador: 1,441
    # 9 Zimbabwe: 598
    # 10 Peru: 442
    # 11 Germany: 269
    # 12 Czech Republic: 181
    # 13 Ukraine: 173
    # 14 Canada: 144
    # 15 Albania: 135
    # 16 Costa Rica: 131
    # 17 Azerbaijan: 120
    # 18 Poland: 111
    # 19 Uruguay: 109
    # 20 Spain: 97
    # 21 Portugal: 90
    # 22 Croatia: 76
    # 23 Switzerland: 68
    # 24 Bulgaria: 63
    # 25 Australia: 59
    # 26 Sweden: 58
    # 27 Bolivia: 52
    # 28 Japan: 47
    # 29 Slovenia: 39
    = 30 Belarus: 38
    = 30 Hungary: 38
    # 32 Latvia: 28
    # 33 Burma: 27
    # 34 Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of: 26
    # 35 Austria: 25
    # 36 Estonia: 21
    # 37 Moldova: 20
    # 38 Lithuania: 16
    = 39 United Kingdom: 14
    = 39 Denmark: 14
    # 41 Ireland: 12
    # 42 New Zealand: 10
    # 43 Chile: 9
    # 44 Cyprus: 4
    # 45 Morocco: 1
    But how much of those stats are gang related? I mean do people really care when criminals are killing other criminals and Im willing to be a large majority of that US number is because of gang shootings.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Do you spread butter with your whiskey bottle or your cigarette pack?
    I never tried that but personally it sounds kind of bad ass :P.
    tl;dr Is just another way of saying I am about to troll