Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/part/noct...ooler-nhu9bse2

This one, so should I just use the supplied one that comes with it? i5 processor
    Noctua paste is considered top quality.

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Noctua paste is considered top quality.
    So I should use the extra fan and the paste with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    So I should use the extra fan and the paste with it?
    Not sure what you mean by extra fan, but yes you should use the included Noctua paste. Don't need to go buy additional paste when Noctua paste is good.

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Not sure what you mean by extra fan, but yes you should use the included Noctua paste. Don't need to go buy additional paste when Noctua paste is good.
    Have to agree with the choice of noctua paste. Easy to apply & to wipe. No cure time and 0% conductive.

Okay so the CPU comes with a fan right?
    I bought another fan serperate, I'm saying should I use the one included or the extra bought one?

Deleted
    You should be using the one you bought, with the paste that is included in the package. It'll be cooler and quieter performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    You should be using the one you bought, with the paste that is included in the package. It'll be cooler and quieter performance.
    Noctua has the best fans btw.

@Op you shouldn't use other fans than the stock noctua fans except if they have a high static pressure.

Okay thanks all ^^ will post pictures when it's built (not allowed all the parts until Christmas since parents bought me some) or when I have more problems :P

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are really going to be doing "a lot of video encoding" then I would seriously think about the i7.

So all the parts are here. Get to build it tomorrow * excited little girl scream*. Only problem is I'm REALLY nervous about a few things;

Static, what's the best way to avoid it? I'll be building it on a wooden table but it's legs are sitting on a rug. Is their something certain I should wear/do to avoid static?

Breaking things, this is probably my biggest worry, the parts seem very volatile and fragile and I'm pretty heavy handed (awesome). Anyone have any tips to helping me keep my cool?

I'm probably over thinking things and I *hope* it'll be a breeze.

Thanks for the help ^^.

---------- Post added 2012-12-26 at 10:03 AM ----------

Bump /tenchar

---------- Post added 2012-12-26 at 12:56 PM ----------

Okay. Everything is going fine so far. Apart from one thing. I'm about to install the gpu but their are multiple PCI express slots. Does it matter which I use? I looked in the mobo manual and it doesn't specify.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.