Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Mote of Harmony & Spirit of Harmony Rant

This item is the perfect example of bad game design. It's frustrating to collect these, because there's no way to gather them quick. I need 5 Spirit of Harmony by tonight, BUT WAIT there's no farming hot spots for these! In fact, there's absolutely no way to farm this item in a reasonable, timely manner... because every time a decent farming spot is found, Blizzard nerfs it to the ground. You're totally SOL when trying to gather these in bulk.

I understand that there's a farming spot at Zhu's Watch in Krasarang Wilds that's actually good, but that requires a particular quest to be on for these mobs to spawn. If you've done that quest already like I have, you're even much more SOL.

I can't buy these off the auction house.
    I can't trade/mail these off my alts.
    I can't farm these quick.
    "But you can buy them off a vendor!" Yes you can. 400 honor for 1 mote or 600 conquest for 1 spirit? Yeah, no thanks.

Bottom line this item sucks and needs to changed.

At least make it account bound, it would lift the burden of having to participate in a mindless grindfest for hours.

*edit: I heard 5.1 slightly increased the drop rate, but that still doesn't change the fact that this item is NOT FUN to get.
    Last edited by Ibbi; 2012-12-15 at 04:32 AM.
    DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional and purely for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of entity, living, dead or in any other state of existence, is purely coincidental. The author cannot and will not be held accountable for such similarities or any other parallels that are imagined and/or drawn by you, the reader, between the above fictional work and real life events.

This item is a perfect example of game design that I don't like
    Fixt for you.

If you aren't swimming in harmonies for days by now, you probably never go out in the world to do anything.

You aren't supposed to be able to get 5 in a day... that's insane. They aren't made for that. Get some from your farm, very easy that way.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Deleted
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=89233/songbell-seed

Got more spirits than ill ever use due to these.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can literally farm these in Halfhill.

Quote Originally Posted by Vazruden View Post

QFT. I had dozens fairly early on and people were like "Wtf how'd you get so many?!" "Um.. by farming? Literally?"

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    Although I believe that We never killed osama and OBAMA just used it as propaganda to win a election cause Osama's was probably dead for years I Usually am not gullible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I miss the elemental motes from BC. Because there were many different things, not just one thing.

That's the only reason though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vazruden View Post

that means dailies im pretty he wont be into that, he wants it handed too him without effort
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do you NEED 5 now, and how come you don't have a bag full of these already? What have you been spending yours on? Or do you just expect to satisfy your need for them without ever leaving the AH?

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    that means dailies im pretty he wont be into that, he wants it handed too him without effort
    Lol it's a sad day when we consider right clicking on 16 mounds of dirt and cleaning the plants "effort"

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhurn View Post
    Lol it's a sad day when we consider right clicking on 16 mounds of dirt and cleaning the plants "effort"
    I only get 15 per day, because I do the Farmers daily for an easy 2 tokens

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can farm the vendor by pvping!

I have more motes/Spirits than I know what to do with, and the only dailies I run anymore are Dominance Offensive -- and on my farm I grow enchanting mats, not motes.

Should have had the foresight to consider what your future needs would be. Mat farming is easier in MoP than it's ever been.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakwazu View Post
    You can dig up the farmers one after you plant them and plant a songbell in its place.

15+ Year Old Account
    If I needed lets say 20 Volatile Air right away back in cata, I could either buy them off the AH or go and farm some wind elementals in Uldum for a bit and collect 'em. No problem at all.

I can't do that with these motes of harmony. That's why I have a problem with it.

Blizzard said that these motes of harmony were the replacement of volatiles from Cata, eternals from Wrath, and primals from TBC. If they're the replacement, why is collecting them so much more frustrating?
    DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional and purely for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of entity, living, dead or in any other state of existence, is purely coincidental. The author cannot and will not be held accountable for such similarities or any other parallels that are imagined and/or drawn by you, the reader, between the above fictional work and real life events.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakwazu View Post
    Don't you just need to plant the seed for that one? Plant the seed, turn in the quest, then dig it back up and replant the seed you really want.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhurn View Post
    Hitting revered can take a little while. Less now with the double rep thing, but still.

I wouldn't mind them being BoA, at the very least. Yes, some craftables that require spirits would be a lot easier to craft, but the current system really shoehorns you into doing the halfhill dailies for any decent source of spirits, and they're always mentioning they don't want people to be forced to do the dailies.

I have 40 of these spirits just sitting there doing nothing. My problem is, my main is a gatherer toon, and my alts are all the workhorses, so it would be nice to get them account bound so i'd have a use for them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I have 40 of these spirits just sitting there doing nothing. My problem is, my main is a gatherer toon, and my alts are all the workhorses, so it would be nice to get them account bound so i'd have a use for them.
    I agree, lifting the soulbound restriction off the item would do wonders.

Deleted
    you should really have more than you'll ever need by now, i got 30-40 spirits of harmony simply by doing the dailies and rep farms, and spent most of them on making imperial silk for epic cloths for my alt mage and to buy golden lotuses for raiding and i still have 18ish left, and being ench/tailor i dont really have anything to spend them on since i cba to spend them on imperial silks anymore since the only thing i have to spend them on is 28 slot bags. spirits of harmony is really bad game design but they are easily farmable, even without using your farm in halfhill. generally the droprate on them on the mobs you need to kill while doing dailies are fairly high, around 12-15% which is about half of the droprate of motes of fire back in the day. if you really need 5 right now, i would suggest going to any place where you do dailies and focus on killing humanoids(bugs in dread waste etc. mogus in townlong etc.), it will take some time, but you'll be able to get them within a day easily, you just have to find your inner chinamen and go into chinese farmer mode.

and yes, i wholeheartedly agree that spirits of harmony should be made bound to account. its annoying as hell to be sitting on 30-40 spirits as a tailor and having nothing to spend them on except imperial silks that you cant use for anything useful. almost wish you could use them for something like wands or trinkets as an enchanter but they are useless for enchanters.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2012-12-15 at 04:48 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibbi View Post
    I agree, lifting the soulbound restriction off the item would do wonders.
    The developers mentioned they may make them account bound.

There is no reason to make them tradeable to other players though.