SFB on Sha of Fear

So I decided to play around and try to substitute Spinning Fire Blossom in for Blackout Kick and I got some pretty cool results.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-62.../?s=574&e=1180

Hitting Sha himself SFB was doing almost 10k dmg per hit. Which I thought was pretty substantial. Now I know this doesn't include the tick, and was my rotation far from perfect going into this dry. But it was a fun little change tonight and looking forward to trying this on H Elegon this week to see what damage it brings me.

I think you need to add some details here, presumably you are using the large hit box to trigger the higher damage of fire blossom by being 10 yards away? I'm interested to hear a little more on exactly how you went about playing this.

Thats exactly what I did. On Sha himself. The Travel time is more than 10 yards because it actually travels to to his face. You can be in melee range and still get the 50% bonus for the 10yards travel. There's a few bosses this tier where this is possible

Deleted
    Monks ranged attacks are really strong imo

10+ Year Old Account
    Too bad it doesn't build TeB stacks, but I could see weaving it in every now and then. (Too bad, too, that I tank this fight instead of DPS it!)

Quote Originally Posted by alysmera View Post
    Too bad it doesn't build TeB stacks, but I could see weaving it in every now and then. (Too bad, too, that I tank this fight instead of DPS it!)
    If it doesn't build stacks while glyphed here's an idea.

Unglyph it.

Not like you are gonna miss him and they'll still fly up to his face as they shoot forward.

Too bad it doesn't build TeB stacks
    ...er? Why wouldn't it?

Tried it again on Garalon last night. When legs are down and attacking the boss I remember it working.

It consumes Chi, therefore it will cause TeB stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    It consumes Chi, therefore it will cause TeB stacks.
    I believe there's a bug with the glyph of Spinning Fire Blossom that causes it to not build stacks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    I believe there's a bug with the glyph of Spinning Fire Blossom that causes it to not build stacks.
    I just ran a test on LFR, and not only was I getting stacks of TEB generated normally when subbing in SFB, but I also saw a rather nice DPS increase by using it.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    I just ran a test on LFR, and not only was I getting stacks of TEB generated normally when subbing in SFB, but I also saw a rather nice DPS increase by using it.
    Is SFB based on AP or Weapon damage? I know BOK is weapon damage.

Could cause;
    Good weapon, bad overall gear -> BOK
    Bad weapon, good overall gear -> SFB

Deleted
    I'm gonna take a guess that it scales on AP

Any time one of these threads comes up, I ask someone to show me a top parse that uses SFB on any of the fights where it is possible. I've browsed quite a few, and haven't seen one.

Maybe before Ascension came along it could theoretically be a dps increase, but now with everyone being closer to GCD capped I highly doubt it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moncoko View Post
    Any time one of these threads comes up, I ask someone to show me a top parse that uses SFB on any of the fights where it is possible. I've browsed quite a few, and haven't seen one.

Maybe before Ascension came along it could theoretically be a dps increase, but now with everyone being closer to GCD capped I highly doubt it.
    It can be a DPS increase if we are a certain distance away - such as on Blade Lord, when we have to roll/port out of melee, or on Vizier when he is incoming or entering P2. Sure, you can also use Crackling Jade Lightning, but that is the chi creator while this is the chi user, if that makes sense.

It can be a DPS increase if we are a certain distance away - such as on Blade Lord, when we have to roll/port out of melee, or on Vizier when he is incoming or entering P2. Sure, you can also use Crackling Jade Lightning, but that is the chi creator while this is the chi user, if that makes sense.
    While what you said is true, you seem to not understand what this thread is about.