Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zomgDPS View Post
    Wall of Drivel
    You're a bit of a mongoloid aren't you. Frost Bomb damage in PvP is exactly what needed changing to 'fix' us, unless they wanted sweeping playstyle changes

Frost Bomb needed nerfing.
    The first nerf made it so to get 100% damage you needed a retarded level of setup to ensure your bomb exploded during Deep.
    The second nerf made it easy to make Frost Bomb exploded during Deep, but then reduced the damage so it isn't one shotting fools.

As for Fire, it was OP in its original configuration.
    Then they made a change to make Combustion take 100% Ignite damage which made it INSANELY overpowered
    Then they nerfed it to a middle of the pack spec with really good mobility and cleave

TLDR; Mages are in a good spot at the moment, STOP FUCKING CRYING

It must be happy hour for retards out here tonight, 'coz they out in force it seems.

I'll take it slowly though, since it seems you don't seem to get my actual point.

Take notes please.

Note 1:
    This:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicc View Post
    The first nerf made it so to get 100% damage you needed a retarded level of setup to ensure your bomb exploded during Deep.
    and this:
    The second nerf made it easy to make Frost Bomb exploded during Deep, but then reduced the damage so it isn't one shotting fools.
    Happened within a two day timeframe.

Note 2:
    Any moron worth his weight in the tragic amount of air he breathes in per min would be able to tell you that the first nerf would have caused the problem that you mentioned, i.e. everyone knew that the first nerf was unworkable. Even an idiot who has never played a mage knew this. The point that I am making is that blizzard didn't, because if they did, they wouldn't have made such a moronic hotfix in the first place.

That is the real point I am making, not whether something got nerfed or buffed, but the fact that such glaringly obvious bad choices are making it live (not to the PTR, but to the LIVE realms) and only after massive outcry are blizz reverting/fixing it again.

Its the sheer amount of clueless you need to be to make the first change in the first place that I am highlighting. But your little nubby brain probably cannot compute that yet. No worries, just try to keep up son.

Then they made a change to make Combustion take 100% Ignite damage which made it INSANELY overpowered
    Then they nerfed it to a middle of the pack spec with really good mobility and cleave
    Exactly the same situation here. Any moron could have told you that 100% ignite damage was stupid, but they did it anyway. Why? Because they are clueless and basic math is lost on them.

Any moron then could tell them that after nerfing fire into the ground, it would suck. And thats exactly what happened when you nerf something from 100% to 50% (in half). Obviously, they tried a third time (within the same week mind you) and then managed to put in another fix. It is this random, haphazard method of fixing things that I am highlighting in my point. I couldn't give two sh!ts which class is nerfed or buffed. Please put your pointlessly tragic existence into use and realize that.

TLDR; Mages are in a good spot at the moment, STOP FUCKING CRYING
    This is where you came full circle and completed the proof that you are part of the group I mentioned at the start of this post. You obviously didn't bother to read what I actually said about these 'nerfs'. If you can be bothered, check the previous page of this thread. I actually say these nerfs are a good thing overall (in fact, I actually called it a "win" in some threads) since they remove the reliance on a glyph for something to work.

So yea, I'm not actually 'crying' as you so put it (but hey, why would you think otherwise right? I mean, you don't really have much patience to actually bother to read something when you are 9yrs old).
    "There are very few who can claim what he can. There are even fewer who can prove it like he can. There are even less that can match him, but all will no doubt accept what he is, and what he can do. The Highlord is for sure one of a kind. A true Master of the Arcane arts. It would be best for you to listen."
    - Lady Nåabi of the Immortalis, former Guild Executor, former Raid Lead.

Exactly the same situation here. Any moron could have told you that 100% ignite damage was stupid, but they did it anyway. Why? Because they are clueless and basic math is lost on them.

Any moron then could tell them that after nerfing fire into the ground, it would suck. And thats exactly what happened when you nerf something from 100% to 50% (in half). Obviously, they tried a third time (within the same week mind you) and then managed to put in another fix.
    Nobody good gives a shit about the combustion nerf, it needed to happen. The real issue was the CM nerf and how the lower crit negatively effected the flow of the class, and reduced crit further nerfed combustion.

Deleted
    The CM nerf was fine, they should have even left it at 1.25, getting tired of all the self-entitled Fire Mages who think they had a right to be overpowered.
    No other class or spec's players went on a rampage like that after having been nerfed rightfully. That goes to show the true mentality of Fire Mage players.

Arcane needs a buff for movement, a massive one. Everytime it gets mentioned, Fire Mages jump at it and try to prevent it in order to stay overpowered, it's pitiful seriously.

Deleted
    On a PVE view, I like the change to 4s because it's more easy to time with Alter Time : FFB proc can be launch before the reverted time. But I will test it to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Shmeh View Post
    Nobody good gives a shit about the combustion nerf, it needed to happen. The real issue was the CM nerf and how the lower crit negatively effected the flow of the class, and reduced crit further nerfed combustion.
    Well, I do care, cause it should've received the buff in the first place.. Made mages incredibly op, and then blizzard in their brilliant wisdom decided that they would do the 5.2 nerf now, making fire just a lackluster of a spec for the next 6 months.

15+ Year Old Account
    Guys, keep it civil please. I will make one note though: I don't really want to hear Lhivera mentioned in these threads for any reason, unless it's a quote specifically dealing with the current discussion. Lhiv does not balance PvP, he is not a dev, so please stop referring to him as such.
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted
    Text
    I can't say I read over 10% of that, But yes you are crying, And yes you should stop

TBH I could live with 50% off fireblasted frostbomb even with 6s detonation countdown. Obviously having it on 4s timer makes it better, but what I'd really like to see, following fireblast/Fbomb cahnge, is: ''If Frost Bomb is dispelled before detonation caster gains a charge of Brain Freeze''. Still makes dispelling a strong counter to mage burst, but prevents single dispell to prevent 2 separate damage sources from mage.

Wall of text that nobody will read
    Honestly all you are doing is making a fool of yourself, just stop, take a deep breath then walk away from your keyboard and screen. Just because others do not agree with you does not make them "retarded" probably quite the opposite actually, considering that 80% of your posts are implying how much better you are than the rest of us in this thread.
    Everyone was wanting mages changed, so blizzard stepped in, and from what I can tell most people are actually quite happy with how the changes ended up (for frost atleast havent been checking about fire) from what I have read, and as other posters have said, quick changes are infinitely better than waiting months and months and months for a fix to something broken only for blizzard to turn around and say "We will look into this matter and we need more time to collect data" because we have heard excuses along those lines FAR too often concerning things that are actually broken. (yes im looking at you "resil will fix it"...bad times....)

Deleted
    Great!, Now they just need to change Light of cosmos to proc on damage instead of dots and i could actually start using Fbomb
    (i won hc LotC 2 days before fire nerf ><) and i hate NT as frost.

Quote Originally Posted by stX3 View Post
    Great!, Now they just need to change Light of cosmos to proc on damage instead of dots and i could actually start using Fbomb
    (i won hc LotC 2 days before fire nerf ><) and i hate NT as frost.
    Yee, but frost bomb for PvE is kinda silly cause last thing we need is another spell that limits movement.. Sure it doesnt affect frost as much, but still its something that gets annoying at times cause you cant simply cast your dot as you need to just keep moving..

ZOMGdps is right though.

Some of you are confusing two different issues as one.
    1) The rate of change at which they balance the game.
    2) The quality of the rate of change.

Yes, I play a mage... but no I am not crying about the nerfs. I didn't cry about the fire nerfs either. I've wanted the game to be balance since the first day I got to level 70 back in TBC.

I have no problems with hot fixes, but if you are going to hot fix things, at least have the hot fixed idea be "slightly polished" instead of "rough around the edges."

Which currently, most of the initial hot fixes are "rough around the edges" AT BEST.

Deleted
    http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/7862/wtfnm.jpg

doesn't seem like it's changed much...

Full resto pvp gear on at the time, 60% resilience and that happens

Quote Originally Posted by Joss View Post

Wow, that is utterly 100% impossible. I'm in the best gear possible and my frost bomb now CRITS for 40k-50k MAX with fireblast. This screenshot is very old and you were carrying the flag or something. No way is this possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkender View Post
    Wow, that is utterly 100% impossible. I'm in the best gear possible and my frost bomb now CRITS for 40k-50k MAX with fireblast. This screenshot is very old and you were carrying the flag or something. No way is this possible.
    the guy must have had berserker and stacked trinkets as my arena frost mage partner suggested. the frostbomb damage I can deal with. the 98k fireblast that detonates it. not so much.

its not old, it happened tonight. just respawned at the GY when horde attempted to camp it. 15/12/12

10+ Year Old Account

The fact that Frost Nova did 20.5k dmg, shows that you had a massive amount of increased dmg taken. Also, the fact that Frost Bomb detonated for more than double the damage of Fire Blast, shows that this is from before the hotfix or the Mage didn't use the glyph to detonate it and the Fire Blast just happened after.
    Last edited by Aquamonkey; 2012-12-16 at 01:29 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    The fact that Frost Nova did 20.5k dmg, shows that you had a massive amount of increased dmg taken. Also, the fact that Frost Bomb detonated for more than double the damage of Fire Blast, shows that this is from before the hotfix or the Mage didn't use the glyph to detonate it and the Fire Blast just happened after.
    increased damage taken buffs in WSG are from carrying the flag. I wasn't. if you read the combat log, you will see no actions taken whatsoever by myself. when it says what happened to me, it means what heals, damage I have taken.

stop trying to debunk the factors in how much damage I took. he would have had berserker and was cooldown stacking. I was newly ressed.

also if you don't believe it was taken tonight. I can e-mail you the original screenshot where I haven't edited the names out.
    Last edited by mmoc45494ff704; 2012-12-16 at 02:06 AM.

increased damage taken buffs in WSG are from carrying the flag. I wasn't. if you read the combat log, you will see no actions taken whatsoever by myself. when it says what happened to me, it means what heals, damage I have taken.

stop trying to debunk the factors in how much damage I took. he would have had berserker and was cooldown stacking. I was newly ressed.

also if you don't believe it was taken tonight. I can e-mail you the original screenshot where I haven't edited the names out.
    I'm sorry but there is no way that screenshot represents the damage frost bomb does to full resil targets. Nova does about that much in PvE. The fire blast damage is through the roof. Nice try though. I'm sure someone, somewhere fell for it.

I'm assuming this is you? (especially given that there are only 3 druids with your name on both EU and US, and the other ones are worse than you).

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...sslin/advanced

If it is, then I think I'm going to go ahead and say what everyone is thinking.

Bullsh!te.

You barely have greens.
    You haven't done a lick of PvP in your entire career on that toon (let alone have enough honor/conquest points to have bought the entire PvP set this season).
    You dont even have the "stepped into the arena" achievement.

You have 0 resilience (past base) and 0 pvp power. At best, you are a rarely played alt.

So please, spare us the cries. You're talking out your ass.

If you expect the nerfs to 'balance' the game around a fully pvp epiced out mage with zerker buff and trinkets to not be able to kill a healer in greens with no pvp experience, then you are playing the wrong game.

Hello kitty is that way ---->

So yea... meow that
    "There are very few who can claim what he can. There are even fewer who can prove it like he can. There are even less that can match him, but all will no doubt accept what he is, and what he can do. The Highlord is for sure one of a kind. A true Master of the Arcane arts. It would be best for you to listen."
    - Lady Nåabi of the Immortalis, former Guild Executor, former Raid Lead.