Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    So I'll still only be able to make 2 per server? And it's not live yet either? What am I able to make now, 2 accountwide?
    Well if you want to make toons on 3 servers for some reason than yes. As of right now, if you previously played you can currently play all your toons. At some undetermined time you'll have to pick 6 to keep active. Currently though if you have 2 or more toons already you can't create more. And yes accountwide. Personally I'd say pick one server and play that. It's far better in the long run because of legacy.

So I'll still only be able to make 2 per server? And it's not live yet either? What am I able to make now, 2 accountwide?
    You will be able to have all 6 on one server, or you can have 4 on one and 2 on another, or 5 on one and 1 on another etc....

The 6 character maximum for preferred hasn't been initiated yet. Right now it is still 2 account wide for anybody who isn't subbed.

In my specific case I was subbed a long time ago and had a ton of characters made back when I was subbed. Now that I am playing the game with some friends I don't want to give a single cent to Bioware (because they fucked this game up) I have preferred status. Unfortunately I can only play characters I made long agao because they wont allow me to create a new character until I delete about 16 characters to get my total down to 1.

(I shared my account with my brother and he made several characters when i was subbed long ago)

Quote Originally Posted by Argroth View Post
    You will be able to have all 6 on one server, or you can have 4 on one and 2 on another, or 5 on one and 1 on another etc....

The 6 character maximum for preferred hasn't been initiated yet. Right now it is still 2 account wide for anybody who isn't subbed.

In my specific case I was subbed a long time ago and had a ton of characters made back when I was subbed. Now that I am playing the game with some friends I don't want to give a single cent to Bioware (because they fucked this game up) I have preferred status. Unfortunately I can only play characters I made long agao because they wont allow me to create a new character until I delete about 16 characters to get my total down to 1.

(I shared my account with my brother and he made several characters when i was subbed long ago)
    I don't see why anyone that is playing a free game that refuses to pay for stuff has any standing to complain about anything?

Quote Originally Posted by davispunx View Post
    I don't see why anyone that is playing a free game that refuses to pay for stuff has any standing to complain about anything?
    I did pay in the past, it amoneted to nothing because Bioware ran it into the game.

I'm sad/mad for the game it could of been.

I'm barely playing the game at all right now, I'm not even really enjoying it. A few of my friends wanted to try the game, I'm basically babysitting them because some have never even played an MMO. None of them are too impressed and I wouldn't be surprised if they move on to actual good games by new years. (None of them have given any money either besides buying the physical disc for $10, they will not support them further).

Either way, why do you care, you just have your panties twisted because I don't share the same opinion, therefore mine is invalid right? Long story short, I have to love the company to have a complaint.
    Last edited by Argroth; 2012-12-14 at 10:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Well if you want to make toons on 3 servers for some reason than yes. As of right now, if you previously played you can currently play all your toons. At some undetermined time you'll have to pick 6 to keep active. Currently though if you have 2 or more toons already you can't create more. And yes accountwide. Personally I'd say pick one server and play that. It's far better in the long run because of legacy.
    No I don't want to make toons on 3 servers, to the contrary, right now I only want my characters on one server. But as I understood it, when the limit is upped to 6, I'll still only be able to create 2 on one server, because the 6 is for the whole account. So I'm wondering how many characters can I make right now? On one server and on the whole account.

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 10:28 AM ----------

So now I can make 2 characters on a server and in total, and when the change goes live I can make 6 on one server and in total.

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 10:32 AM ----------

Well it seems to me that F2P should encourage players to play the game. So if the restrictions discourage players from playing the game, that is kind of getting in the way of the whole getting players to play the game. So that is enough reason for criticism.

Making it F2P is not an act of mercy.

If there was a game that was completely free would that mean players are never allowed to give negative feedback?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Right now if you are F2P you can only have 2 characters.

Right now if you are preferred from being a returning player you have every character you ever had, but can't create more unless you delete down to 1

Right now if you are preferred from a purchase, but are new to the game you can only have 2 characters.

When the change goes live, everyone who isn't a subscriber will have a maximum of 6 slots to use on whatever server you want. Smart idea is to have them on the same server.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post

Right now if you are preferred from being a returning player you have every character you ever had, but can't create more unless you delete down to 1

Right now if you are preferred from a purchase, but are new to the game you can only have 2 characters.

When the change goes live, everyone who isn't a subscriber will have a maximum of 6 slots to use on whatever server you want. Smart idea is to have them on the same server.
    Hmm, I'm just asking because when SWTOR went F2P, I complained that I could only have 2 characters, and then people told me that restriction is only for the server, and I could have more characters if I created them on a different account.

Then when the additional 4 character slots were announced, someone at the official forums wrote that it means 6 characters for the whole account, and only 2 per server - which was confirmed in this thread.

So this stuff is really confusing to me as different people claim different things

10+ Year Old Account
    So this stuff is really confusing to me as different people claim different things
    It's not that different people claim different things, it's that the company has no idea how to communicate with people at all. Trying to provide information, even from an official announcement of theirs, requires complex mathematical calculations...some of which have not been discovered yet. We repeat what we read, which often gets changed or just means something completely not what they said.

I did notice the 2 characters on multiple servers with my wife when she tried F2P...but I don't think that is intended b/c many other people were being told to delete characters before they could create any.

Well it seems to me that F2P should encourage players to play the game. So if the restrictions discourage players from playing the game, that is kind of getting in the way of the whole getting players to play the game. So that is enough reason for criticism.

If there was a game that was completely free would that mean players are never allowed to give negative feedback?
    Glad some people have some intelligent perspective.

Actually Argroth expects Bioware/EA to give him everything for free as they didn't deliver what he wanted... so any argument is lost on him.

I did pay in the past, it amoneted to nothing because Bioware ran it into the game.

I'm sad/mad for the game it could of been.

I'm barely playing the game at all right now, I'm not even really enjoying it. A few of my friends wanted to try the game, I'm basically babysitting them because some have never even played an MMO. None of them are too impressed and I wouldn't be surprised if they move on to actual good games by new years. (None of them have given any money either besides buying the physical disc for $10, they will not support them further).

Either way, why do you care, you just have your panties twisted because I don't share the same opinion, therefore mine is invalid right? Long story short, I have to love the company to have a complaint.
    I'm not sure anyone would actually enjoy the game "babysitted" by you, if you're ranting only half as much as you do in this forum I'd already quit the game or your friendship for your one-sided argumentations.

No I don't want to make toons on 3 servers, to the contrary, right now I only want my characters on one server. But as I understood it, when the limit is upped to 6, I'll still only be able to create 2 on one server, because the 6 is for the whole account. So I'm wondering how many characters can I make right now? On one server and on the whole account.

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 10:28 AM ----------

So now I can make 2 characters on a server and in total, and when the change goes live I can make 6 on one server and in total.

---------- Post added 2012-12-15 at 10:32 AM ----------

Actually I encourage different opinions but given the amount of people fueiling their daily life by spilling their dislike for a game all over the internet.... I'd rather let the developers figure it out themselves without "the help" they get from their customers.

That requires to be smart and anyone being able to read shouldn't have a difficulty to comprehend what was meant.

Hmm, I'm just asking because when SWTOR went F2P, I complained that I could only have 2 characters, and then people told me that restriction is only for the server, and I could have more characters if I created them on a different account.

Then when the additional 4 character slots were announced, someone at the official forums wrote that it means 6 characters for the whole account, and only 2 per server - which was confirmed in this thread.

It's not that different people claim different things, it's that the company has no idea how to communicate with people at all. Trying to provide information, even from an official announcement of theirs, requires complex mathematical calculations...some of which have not been discovered yet. We repeat what we read, which often gets changed or just means something completely not what they said.

I did notice the 2 characters on multiple servers with my wife when she tried F2P...but I don't think that is intended b/c many other people were being told to delete characters before they could create any.
    Reading Arlee's quote prior to Nindoriels... it's people confusing other people as here is the exact quote and anyone able to breath should be able to understand this.

Damion: From a design perspective there is a balance you want to achieve. You want to be sure that the F2P options is compelling and attractive but at the same time it is really important to us that our subscribers feel like they are getting their money’s worth with their subscription fee. Finding that balance point is really really crucial. We will continue to massage that as we get feedbacks from the fans and look at our metrics. We are already starting to make adjustments: we will go to six character slots for our preferred players instead of two and four quick bars for our prefered players instead of two. We haven’t announced that (character slots) but this is the first revel of allowing preferred players to get six character slots. You heard it first in the livestream!

Glad some people have some intelligent perspective.
    As only your perspective is intelligent... that's a really dumb statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    Actually Argroth expects Bioware/EA to give him everything for free as they didn't deliver what he wanted... so any argument is lost on him.
    I expect quality and fair play, therefore any arguement by me is invalid.

I actually want more and not happy when shit gets shoveled in my direcction therefore I shouldn't get a say. That's basically what your getting at.

If I'm not completely satisfied I have no right to complain. Good thing you're on the ball.

I'm not sure anyone would actually enjoy the game "babysitted" by you, if you're ranting only half as much as you do in this forum I'd already quit the game or your friendship for your one-sided argumentations.
    I'm surprised anyone is your friend at all seeing how you hate other perspectives that are in any way negative. The world would be a magical place if it somehow ran without ANY criticism like you seem to hope it does.

Hate to be a person who disagrees with you because apparently they would outright be a bad friend/person just on that one opinion alone. But that would be an unfair/wrong assessment of you right?

But don't worry you know me soooooo well you can question my friendships just because I don't blindly love a game and have some opinions against a game you love on the internet

Actually I encourage different opinions but given the amount of people fueiling their daily life by spilling their dislike for a game all over the internet.... I'd rather let the developers figure it out themselves without "the help" they get from their customers.

So you encourage different opinions but really fuck all of them because this game and other things would be better without them.
    Only whenever people spill bloom all over anything on the internet it's acceptable.

So I guess the internet should just be an ignorant ball of happy because that is the only way things/products will get better.

You seem so encouraging....

As only your perspective is intelligent... that's a really dumb statement.
    Hmm I agree with someone elses smart objective statement but what you hear is me saying "I'm intelligent and no one else is"

Again, you are the very encouraging one.....

So I can't agree with anyone and I can't disagree with anyone. Apparently I just can't win with Psychlon (but don't worry his close minded stubbornness is sooooo different from me, therefore he's allowed to say no one can win with me but I shouldn't say it about him)

Dude... you are complaining in a thread about giving more free slots to prefered players but hey... I'm sure you are on the right side

Dude... you are complaining in a thread about giving more free slots to prefered players but hey... I'm sure you are on the right side
    Here's a free sack of burning crap!

You can't complain because it's free, you'd be on the wrong side.

So what is there to complain at getting more free character slots?

10+ Year Old Account
    So what is there to complain at getting more free character slots?
    If you go back and look at the post that was quoted by the guy who said anyone playing for free has no right to complain, you would see he really was not complaining about the extra free character slots at all. He was explaining the way it will work when implemented, but also simply stating the situation himself and many other past subscribers are in who already have more then 6 characters. Outside of a random pop shot about BW ruining the game, there was no complaint about being given more character slots.

Psychlon already proved in the "life day" thread that even if proof of a complaint is present he'll still deny logic and reason.

He says it's no use fighting me but he's the one that has proven even undeniable proof dosn't make sense to him.

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 10:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    If you go back and look at the post that was quoted by the guy who said anyone playing for free has no right to complain, you would see he really was not complaining about the extra free character slots at all. He was explaining the way it will work when implemented, but also simply stating the situation himself and many other past subscribers are in who already have more then 6 characters. Outside of a random pop shot about BW ruining the game, there was no complaint about being given more character slots.
    He's already lost sight of the argument because he dosn't take criticism of the game as a valid opinion.

you mean this one?...

He's complaining about being able to play all his characters, however he isn't able to create a new one. Well in AoC I couldn't play all but 1 or 2 characters I originally created and I had to unlock the others for money. in SWTOR you can play all characters you created and you don't have to pay a single dime for it. But that's apparently not enough for some people. Why he can't delete the characters of his brother and why none of his current characters is ok to play with raises the questions why not deleting all of them if none of them fits his needs?

Psychlon already proved in the "life day" thread that even if proof of a complaint is present he'll still deny logic and reason.

He says it's no use fighting me but he's the one that has proven even undeniable proof dosn't make sense to him.

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 10:29 PM ----------

He's already lost sight of the argument because he dosn't take criticism of the game as a valid opinion.
    It may come as a shocking fact to you but being able to play all your characters as a prefered player is more than what you get in other games... but please keep rambling on how unfair Bioware is treating you.... and only you and how people in this forum are all so biased that they can't co-op with your biased opinions about everthing in this game which, for some unknown reason you can't get rid of.
    Last edited by Psychlon; 2012-12-17 at 05:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's complaining about being able to play all his characters, however he isn't able to create a new one. Well in AoC I couldn't play all but 1 or 2 characters I originally created and I had to unlock the others for money. in SWTOR you can play all characters you created and you don't have to pay a single dime for it. But that's apparently not enough for some people. Why he can't delete the characters of his brother and why none of his current characters is ok to play with raises the questions why not deleting all of them if none of them fits his needs?
    Show me where in that paragraph where there is a complaint about more character slots. He even specifically mentions that he would have to delete down to one character to make a new one which if anything is a complaint about the current 2 character slot system.

Show me where in that paragraph where there is a complaint about more character slots. He even specifically mentions that he would have to delete down to one character to make a new one which if anything is a complaint about the current 2 character slot system.
    For him, there is nothing positive to say about because even if they would allow prefered players to create up to 12 characters for free he still would have to delete at least 5 of his existing characters to create a new one, which.. in fact for whatever reason... isn't a solution for him.

However if I want to create a new character.. I also have to delete one of my 12 existing

10+ Year Old Account
    in SWTOR you can play all characters you created and you don't have to pay a single dime for it.
    Just as a matter of clarification, that is only until sometime soon when activate the restrictions. Then you can only play six characters... Which is still pretty generous and a huge draw for the game.