Deleted

Firewall / Connection problem

Last night I suddenly got an error when starting a game - "Unable to connect to server. If you have a firewall it may be blocking the connection. Refer to your firewall's documentation." I've checked forums and I can't seem to find ANY solutions. Has anyone else had this problem and managed to fix it ?

10+ Year Old Account
    http://clgaming.net/redtracker/48890...l-blocking-lol

According to that one, it should've been fixed now.

Deleted
    It's not, we're on LoL with him now and he's still disconnecting.

So far we've tried;

Running as Administrator, Changing accounts, restarting router.

10+ Year Old Account
    Try the LoL forums/support. They might be able to help.

Tried repairing the game or running without Firewall?

Deleted
    Tried both, neither worked :/ Don't see exactly what's causing it if it says it's the firewall when it's disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggz View Post
    Last night I suddenly got an error when starting a game - "Unable to connect to server. If you have a firewall it may be blocking the connection. Refer to your firewall's documentation." I've checked forums and I can't seem to find ANY solutions. Has anyone else had this problem and managed to fix it ?
    What is your living situation? Do you share your connection? Does someone else control the router/modem? Sounds to me like something changed outside the boundaries of your PC, assuming that you didn't install random software.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    What is your living situation? Do you share your connection? Does someone else control the router/modem? Sounds to me like something changed outside the boundaries of your PC, assuming that you didn't install random software.
    Live with parents, I control the router, don't share it with anyone, nothing has happened to it. Confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggz View Post
    Live with parents, I control the router, don't share it with anyone, nothing has happened to it. Confused.
    Is your router one with an advanced setup, in which you can open or close ports? It's not entirely unthinkable that your router went on a hard reset (for unspecified reasons) and has erased all existing connection rules.

Deleted
    Nope it isn't. already checked that before. Running out of options.

Have you tried cleaning up your computer (with something like CCleaner), running repair or simply reinstalling the game?

Sounds stupid but on the launcher have you tried disabling peer to peer transfer? Had a few people with this issue and they've said disabling p2p has allowed them to play again. Otherwise, not too sure.

ne porvivajo nur mortigi tempo