Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Also upgrade your darkmoon trinket.

as said if u can pvp.. do arena and get a 483 item.. proly wrists since ur lacking in that department.. next try and upgrade ur ring to 463.. as for pants if u could buy some you'd easily reach 470 ilvl.. if not then just wait it out... lfr comes every week. sometimes u win stuff sometimes u dont.

You've got inscription leveled. Why do you not have the ilvl 476 inscription staff? You can also upgrade it to 484 and send it to other toons just for the ilvl since it's bind on account. If you do make it, make sure you don't turn in the quest it gives you or you lose the staff.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/79341

@OP - You should really add "quickly" or "within the first week/2 weeks" to your title to avoid suggestions that you have already taken advantage of =)

---------- Post added 2012-12-16 at 02:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by beigemore View Post
    Why do you not have the ilvl 476 inscription staff?
    20 Scrolls of Wisdom is a pretty big bottleneck to making the staff for a 2nd alt, unless they have been amazing at thinking ahead =)

As for everybody suggesting VP upgrades - I think the viability of upgrading using VP depends entirely on the OP's intention to work on reps on this character. I would think purchasing certain items would be much better than upgrading existing one - but for the purpose of this thread that may not be the case.

Deleted
    If you do not want to do daylies then you might just as well use valor to upgrade your gear because you wont get access to the 489 items from the other factions.

Doing lfr and sha might give you some upgrades.
    Other than that do heroic dungeons you might get an upgrade for your bracers, pants and that ring. I think there are a couple of possibilities for bracers so that schould be the easy part.
    Running lfr will also give you justice points to upgrade your other heroic gear.
    You couold also do battlegrounds to get conquest points to buy 483 as someone elese suggested.
    and as scribe well grind scrolls of wisdom for the staff or off-hand.

If grinding heroics becomes to boring then go do scenarios you might get 463 or 476 items but at least in my experience i did 10 scenarios and I didn't get lucky.

Maybe you schould calculate how many itemlevel points you are from reaching 470. It does give you an idea about how far from 470 you are and knowing that if only i could get better pants and get enough justice to upgrade another item might be very nice.

The staff is too convenient to not make since it's useful for all characters, even if it just sits in their inventory for an ilvl boost. It does take a while to make, but it's absolutely worth it. The great thing is you can mail it to other toons you don't care about that have valor points and use their points to upgrade it, and then mail it back.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Upgrade heroic gear via JP (463 -> 471)
    Arena for conquest cap (483 gear)
    Profession epics (476, there are a couple of them)

Quote Originally Posted by Dubalicious View Post
    As for everybody suggesting VP upgrades - I think the viability of upgrading using VP depends entirely on the OP's intention to work on reps on this character. I would think purchasing certain items would be much better than upgrading existing one - but for the purpose of this thread that may not be the case.
    If you plan on raiding, you shouldn't be doing anything but upgrading with your VP.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    If you plan on raiding, you shouldn't be doing anything but upgrading with your VP.
    Are there any VP pieces that are BiS for normal mode raiders? I honestly don't know, but it seems reasonable that there may be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The most logical solution would be dailies or gold, but since you refuse to do that, you need to farm 5man HCs day in and day out until you have enough JP to upgrade all of your (I guess you have) 463 items.

Do MSV LFR every reset.

Or, oh boy this might sound very drastic and dangerous, but what about doing the actual raids, as in the normal mode (drops i-fucking-Lvl 489 loot!!!!!!)
    Exactly! Suffer the daillies or grind HC's, LFR and normals to no end.

15+ Year Old Account
    Spam scenarios I guess, the bag drops a full epic set now which you will need to get above the 470 threshold. Upgrading a full heroic set to 471, with thís JP system now in place will take months.

Quote Originally Posted by Aphorism View Post
    I don't see any PVP gear.

Stop being lazy, and go get some Conquest points and buy 483 gear.
    Why should he do something he maybe does not enjoy? Everybody is complaining about dailys but doing PvP is okay?

Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    Spam scenarios I guess, the bag drops a full epic set now which you will need to get above the 470 threshold. Upgrading a full heroic set to 471, with thís JP system now in place will take months.
    Did it in 2 days on my priest, supplemented by spamming BGs 89->90, while joining random groups for heroics (no organized runs), which was the same time that it took me to get all the blues that I needed from heroics (excluding a second spirit ring, which has yet to drop a week later). Granted, that was after buying 5 BoEs and crating the engineering helm, so I didn't have to upgrade those items, but anyone who's even remotely interested in gearing up fast would be doing that anyway, considering how cheap these BoEs have become.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Get conquest capped and get some 483 pvp pieces. Keep running 5man heroics and upgrade those 463s to 471. Pretty simple. It's not going to be quick, though. Farming up JPs takes forever. Really, I've found it's faster to chain run BGs and convert the honor into JP.

You'll want to do dailies for the elder charms, though, to get the most out of LFR each week. Why not start doing them and get some of the easy stuff you get from honored at each rep?
    Last edited by Mctriple; 2012-12-17 at 03:02 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattlehunter View Post
    Did it in 2 days on my priest, supplemented by spamming BGs 89->90, while joining random groups for heroics (no organized runs), which was the same time that it took me to get all the blues that I needed from heroics (excluding a second spirit ring, which has yet to drop a week later). Granted, that was after buying 5 BoEs and crating the engineering helm, so I didn't have to upgrade those items, but anyone who's even remotely interested in gearing up fast would be doing that anyway, considering how cheap these BoEs have become.
    I doubt you were able to get 30k JPs in 2 days, you bought epics instead yes but you didn't upgrade your whole set to 471 which is what you are saying by replying to my post..... T_T Ppl on these forums....

I got to 470 ilvl on my alt in a few days as well by lucking in heroics, getting exalted klaxxi ring after 3 days of dailies having quested 89-90 in dread wastes with the 100% buff, buying some BoE epics in the AH, darkmoon trinket and spamming some scenario's until I got the last epic I needed to push me over the threshold.
    People without ~10/20k laying around to buy some epics on the auction house are royaly screwed.

It's easier to spam heroics if you have the possibility to queue as a tank or healer; dps queues can be long and boring. Scenarios are always quick, and easy enough that you can usually solo them if your two random partners end up doofuses or afk. I geared my tank up to 463 through heroics within a couple of days, but my dps took longer until I started calling in markers from people who I'd carried through heroics.

If you're even vaguely serious about this toon you'll want to do SOME dailies to get the Elder Charms, so pick a faction that doesn't make you want to slit your throat and run those each day. With the 100% buff and knowing all the shortcuts, exalted really does get there fast on everything but Golden Lotus.