Deleted

[Arcane] Garalon 10H

Hey!

Would appreciate some help for Garalon HC 10man. When you are running around with the Pheromenes, should you just try to keep up the 6 stacks, or clear them of? Maybe just Scorch, and try to push out as many ABs as you can? How have you been doing it?

Thanks for the help
    Liveet

You can stutter step and cast AB's if you want, but you will end up taking extra damage once in a while, the safest way is to scorch and barrage while applying NT. Do what you feel comfortable with, and your heals are capable of keeping you alive through.

Deleted
    Alright. Our healers are probably some of the bests, since we actually 2 man heal him But I´ll probably go for some scorch+Barrages.

Quote Originally Posted by Liveet View Post
    Alright. Our healers are probably some of the bests, since we actually 2 man heal him But I´ll probably go for some scorch+Barrages.
    You should be 2 man healing him in the first place.

^ this. Also try being fire for garalon.

Quote Originally Posted by Reforge View Post
    ^ this. Also try being fire for garalon.
    Why fire? Garalon is pretty much a single target burn fight on heroic, ranged focus down the body, perfect for arcane.

Deleted
    well, spreading a "massive"(since they arent as massive as they used to be /cry) combusion from the legs(200% dmg buff) to garalon is made of win afaik.

Deleted
    Pretty sure that got fixed so when spreading from add(leg) that has a 200% debuff when it spreads to body the damage is scaled back to 100%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by allydom View Post
    Pretty sure that got fixed so when spreading from add(leg) that has a 200% debuff when it spreads to body the damage is scaled back to 100%.
    Yup thats correct

Your DoT damage when first calculating the combustion damage is still increased, right? It just doesn't double-dip on Garalon himself.

Correct me if that was changed in MoP, but that's how it worked in cata.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sarasun View Post
    Your DoT damage when first calculating the combustion damage is still increased, right? It just doesn't double-dip on Garalon himself.

Correct me if that was changed in MoP, but that's how it worked in cata.

Yeh you still get the 200% bonus on the leg but it does not help get any bonus on the body, for instance Combustion ticking on leg 50k and you spread to body it will be ticking for 25k.

Not advising against dps'ing leg but just wouldn't go far out your way to do it as it isn't the dps gain it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by allydom View Post
    Yeh you still get the 200% bonus on the leg but it does not help get any bonus on the body, for instance Combustion ticking on leg 50k and you spread to body it will be ticking for 25k.

Not advising against dps'ing leg but just wouldn't go far out your way to do it as it isn't the dps gain it used to be.
    You misunderstand my point. All I'm saying is your ignite tick will be 200% damage on the leg, therefore, your combustion will benefit from double the damage from it's scaling with ignite. Then, that combustion will do DOUBLE damage on the leg and "normal" damage on the body.

I don't know how I could make it clearer.

edit: as in, i realize it isn't clear, just don't know how to explain it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com