Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Not to mention, God forbid the leader of said faction take some responsibility for a second breach of security that was identical to the first time. Especially after he explicitly tells Jaina that he'll take responsibility for Thalen Songweaver.

I am also willing to bet people who try to argue Aethas Sunreaver isn't responsible for the actions of the Sunreavers are also mostly the same people who now (or will) talk about how all the actions under the Horde should fall onto Garrosh's shoulders because he is the Warchief.

You can't have it both ways.

Either the Horde as a whole now is much more evil than before, and therefore Aethas gets a break or Garrosh is responsible for the evils he allows committed under command and in his name and Aethas is guilty for not knowing what happens under his command.

Of course, the latter is the obvious answer, but not for the partisans. Its the former for Aethas and the latter for Garrosh for them somehow. THERE'S your inconsistency.
    I agree with this statement. Its annoying to constantly read how its not the leaders fault for rogue actions of he blood elves, but its garrosh's fault if some orc farts on a daisy

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    There are some people here, wink, that claim a character is inconsistent whenever they do not like the writing or changes for said character. Is the character inconsistent? It doesn't matter, because only what they think matters.
    There are also some people that simply call any story development they don't like as bad writing, and anyone who can see both sides of a story is a fanboy for the side they don't like.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I agree with this statement. Its annoying to constantly read how its not the leaders fault for rogue actions of he blood elves, but its garrosh's fault if some orc farts on a daisy
    Well let's face it, Garrosh is playing with a stacked deck. We already know he goes crazy and dies at the end of SoO.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    but its garrosh's fault if some orc farts on a daisy
    I'm sorry but that's my quote of the day . Gave me a laugh.

Sorry. somewhat off topic. I have seen people posting about Jaina and all this Dalaran stuffs. Where is the questline to get all this in motion? i have Loremaster of Pandaria and i havent seen anything yet...

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bitterbrew View Post
    Sorry. somewhat off topic. I have seen people posting about Jaina and all this Dalaran stuffs. Where is the questline to get all this in motion? i have Loremaster of Pandaria and i havent seen anything yet...
    It's a 5.1 quest. I believe you need to reach exhausted with your 5.1 faction and hit rank 3 as a server.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

You get the dalaran purge quests somewhere at about 1/2 to 2/3 through revered in Operation Shieldwall or Domination Offensive dailies.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean you haven't started the 5.1 questline with Lions Landing or you haven't got up to the Dalaran part?
    You can pick up the starter quest quest in your factions capital in the Vale which will send you to Krasarang and if your question was the latter I believe you gotta be somewhere between revered or Exalted with your 5.1 faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    You mean you haven't started the 5.1 questline with Lions Landing or you haven't got up to the Dalaran part?
    You can pick up the starter quest quest in your factions capital in the Vale which will send you to Krasarang and if your question was the latter I believe you gotta be somewhere between revered or Exalted with your 5.1 faction.

It's around the middle of Revered I believe.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    To be honest they do not need it. Jaina do not want to kill all the horde. Just the evil ones. My souce? she has the FREAKING focusing iris, in tides of war she was about to completly destory ogrimmar with a gigantik wave. So if she wanted to, she could do that, if the goal was removeing ogrimmar from the face of the earth.
    And this time she even have more strong mages with her, ands till the focus iris, if she wanted to, Dalran could just summon milions of water elements and attack the city (tides of war, she summoned thousens of water elements and bounded them togetter to make one big who could wash over orgrimmar)

but ofc would be MUCH cooler with a laser but ofc they would not do that, for why fly over ogrimma, when they can destory it from afar
    Books are not canon.

Right, the ones who refused to leave despite given the chance.
    Nobody was given a chance to leave. They kill/disabled all the dragonhawks.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Books are not canon.
    novels, manga, comics, graphic novels and shortstories are ALL CANON.

tabletop RPG books are not canon. you are confused.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Nobody was given a chance to leave. They kill/disabled all the dragonhawks.
    You realize that the quest where we do this takes place after the exile order has been given, right?

Jaina arrives with the player and confronts Aethas after the Sunreavers know that Jaina has told them to leave, stay and go to the Violet Hold, or resist and die.

I think this is something that a lot of people are missing. Even if the quest doesn't out right state this fact, it's pretty obvious. Its not like the moment you step through the portal at Darnassus that THAT moment is the very beginning.

Sometimes details with the books will clash with the games, but the books are mostly canon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jaina arrives with the player and confronts Aethas after the Sunreavers know that Jaina has told them to leave, stay and go to the Violet Hold, or resist and die.
    This is all inference, and frankly false. There's nothing to suggest a time skip between Jaina leaving Darnassus (with us, no less) and the purge; the Horde quests make it very clear that most of the Sunreavers have no idea what's going on.

Jaina gave Aethas alone the option to leave peacefully with his people, and he chose to challenge her right to issue that ultimatum rather than take her up on it. Assuming the rest of the Sunreavers magically knew about his refusal is asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    This is all inference, and frankly false. There's nothing to suggest a time skip between Jaina leaving Darnassus (with us, no less) and the purge; the Horde quests make it very clear that most of the Sunreavers have no idea what's going on.

Jaina gave Aethas alone the option to leave peacefully with his people, and he chose to challenge her right to issue that ultimatum rather than take her up on it. Assuming the rest of the Sunreavers magically knew about his refusal is asinine.
    There's a blatant clear timeskip. You should probably run the Alliance side. Or pay attention next time.

See? I can be snide and pretentious too!
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2012-12-17 at 09:32 PM.

I think there's likely some dissonance between the two quest chains. This is fairly common really, where the side you're playing is portrayed in game as the good guys, while the other is portrayed as the bad.

I myself don't remember any notable time skip but I'll need to go watch a vid of the alliance side there. I do know though that none of the quests send you after any blood elves that aren't hostile to you on sight. (The 'civilians' are represented by cowering npcs that do not attack unless you attack first.)

There's a blatant clear timeskip. You should probably run the Alliance side. Or pay attention next time.
    You only have to do both sides, to see there is no delay. Otherwise those guys wouldn't just sit in the sewers wondering what was happening when the silver covenant shows up to round them up.

The actual quotes

"There I was, minding my own business, enjoying a nice game of cards when these Silver Covenant... slugs came around telling us to hand over our belongings. What gives?"
    "They say Lady Proudmoore wanted us out. I... I do not understand."
    "What is all this nonsense about a "purge"?"
    "Can you believe this? These Silver Covenant goons are trying to shake us down."

See? I can be snide and pretentious too!
    You are, most of the time.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2012-12-17 at 09:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    I myself don't remember any notable time skip but I'll need to go watch a vid of the alliance side there.
    Well, that's because there isn't one. Jaina's wards are breached and she's aghast; she can't fathom how this could have happened. She and the player trace arcane residue to the edge of Darnassus, where she has an epiphany and realizes "her own" Kirin Tor were behind it. That's when she goes back to Dalaran, murders Aethas's guards/calls him out/imprisons him, and the purge begins.

She offered Aethas the opportunity to take his people and go (which he foolishly refused), but there's nothing to suggest she offered the rest of them the chance to escape. That the ones who don't try to stop her (or are completely ignorant of what's going on) are running around in a state of frenzied panic makes that pretty clear. It's not "exile or die," it's "incarceration or die."

Deleted
    I'll say again, the only inconsistency on Jaina's actions is the lack of an immediate investigation on the Sunreavers' doing.

It's not like the Kirin Tor was occupied with some event that didn't permitted it. Kirin Tor members, including their leader, were killed and a Sunreaver was involved. It was bound to be priority number one.

Anything else? As already said on this thread, Jaina was already looking for a new place in Azeroth post-Cataclysm and Garrosh gave her one. It's nothing more that a logical and fluid reaction to the events at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    I'll say again, the only inconsistency on Jaina's actions is the lack of an immediate investigation on the Sunreavers' doing.

It's not like the Kirin Tor was occupied with some event that didn't permitted it. Kirin Tor members, including their leader, were killed and a Sunreaver was involved. It was bound to be priority number one.
    Logic is not very common in the wow universe, I guess this is just another plothole.