Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Titan Spark Soaking

Just wondering if any hunter's that have experience with soaking the sparks have any tips or tricks for these sparks. There are times where all the adds die within close proximity time wise to each other, but when I run in to soak the adds with deterrence a few seem to always get away from me. Anybody have suggestions that your raid is doing to allow you to soak these properly?

Quote Originally Posted by Divinespeed View Post
    Just wondering if any hunter's that have experience with soaking the sparks have any tips or tricks for these sparks. There are times where all the adds die within close proximity time wise to each other, but when I run in to soak the adds with deterrence a few seem to always get away from me. Anybody have suggestions that your raid is doing to allow you to soak these properly?
    Jumping+disengaging are your best friends this fight.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Jumping+disengaging are your best friends this fight.
    Is there anything special about the way you do it? How long you wait before going in? etc?

Is there anything special about the way you do it? How long you wait before going in? etc?
    I wait for them to start moving a bit then i jump into them and if they are far away i disengage.

You need to wait until they move to soak them with Deterrence, just wait 2 seconds when they spawn and then soak them with a normal jump.

There's a short pause between when you trigger them by running into them and when they deal their damage. Wait til all 4 are dead, and the last one has started moving, then jump in, hit deterrence, go to town. 6 seconds should be more than enough.

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 05:54 AM ----------

P.S. You've killed H-Lei Shi but not H-Will? I guess Is hould convince my guild to stop working on H-Empress to get my gun. :P

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    There's a short pause between when you trigger them by running into them and when they deal their damage. Wait til all 4 are dead, and the last one has started moving, then jump in, hit deterrence, go to town. 6 seconds should be more than enough.

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 05:54 AM ----------

P.S. You've killed H-Lei Shi but not H-Will? I guess Is hould convince my guild to stop working on H-Empress to get my gun. :P
    And surprisingly were having a fuck ton more trouble on H-Will.

Are you in 10m or 25m? Soaking only 4 rages at a time would make me assume 10m?

And surprisingly were having a fuck ton more trouble on H-Will.

Are you in 10m or 25m? Soaking only 4 rages at a time would make me assume 10m?
    10 man only spawns 2 rages.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    10 man only spawns 2 rages.
    Which is fucking trivial compared to soaking 8.

Which is fucking trivial compared to soaking 8.
    We get 2, you get 4 obviously and not 8.

+ You have like 3 times the ammount of people that could soak.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafknight View Post

Lets not start a "10man is easier than 25man" war now.

I'm 10 man, and we soak 2 waves at a time (4 total). I can do all rage sparks by myself with CTHC. Theoretically, I don't see why a hunter couldn't soak 8 at a time if they went down together, provided you could CC a whole wave of 4.

It's a bit trickier in 25m to solo soak cuz of placement. Since the orbs fixate on random people, if the raid isn't stacked they can spread out too much. If your raid is pro with stuns etc and your dk times his mass death grip perfectly just when the rages are about to die, then they should all spawn at the same spot. But that doesn't happen always. Which is why in 25m's people usually have 2 hunters do every wave of 8 (rogues/mages as backups for stray orbs).

Have one hunter come in from a bit to the right, and you go in a bit to the left or vice versa. Time your deterrance perfectly, don't hit it too early. And obviously not too late lulz. If you come in from the left, wait a few seconds for them to descend. When the orbs spawn, they do so at a certain height. And then they start descending and moving towards their fixated target. If you go in right away, you won't be able to reach them. So wait a few seconds, then go in and start jumping. Try to hit all of them and if one slides past, disengage back into it once you've got the ones in the clump. Be sure to get an addon to monitor your disengage closely, I have died a couple times to overzealous soaking lol. And ofcourse there will be a few times when one or two get away, in that case just call it out and rogues/mages will come to your rescue. Easy peasy.
    Last edited by Saoron; 2012-12-18 at 10:09 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hope this video can help you. It's our first kill , not the best , but you can see me soaking all rage sparks except first spawn, or if some of them are lose our pala and druid healer can back up with bubble/deterrence. On our second kill last night we two shoted it without any troubles whatsoever . If you have any more questions feel free to ask.
    Serbian <MYST> , Draenor EU

Pretty easy, but if two are far away you can soak it when deterrence ends and you die (when you disengage to it)

Make you the two people who have the spark focused on them stay pretty close so you can soak them both easily with 1 deterrence.

One other thing that I've found to work pretty well is using Disengage to do the actual soaking. You can't usually get more than 1 with this though, but if its just that one that got away it might help. The idea is to disengage through the spark once it is soakable; this will trigger its explosion, but if you land out of the explosion range you won't get hit by it. I've tried this and can confirm it works, but it will take a little bit of practice to get it right. I'm not sure whether this is what Tehstool meant as well or whether he meant you use disengage to get to the sparks, but I thought I'd share either way

Some advice while jumping into the sparks:

Don't run and jump. Instead, run up to them, and then jump straight up and down to get them. Running and jumping makes it pretty easy to miss one or two, for whatever reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tranquillize View Post
    One other thing that I've found to work pretty well is using Disengage to do the actual soaking. You can't usually get more than 1 with this though, but if its just that one that got away it might help. The idea is to disengage through the spark once it is soakable; this will trigger its explosion, but if you land out of the explosion range you won't get hit by it. I've tried this and can confirm it works, but it will take a little bit of practice to get it right. I'm not sure whether this is what Tehstool meant as well or whether he meant you use disengage to get to the sparks, but I thought I'd share either way
    In the same way that mages can simply blink them away. OK to to in an emergency, but very risky to use as a strategy.

Just wait about 2-3 seconds after the final sparks appear before going in. They come lower to the ground as they travel. Also if an add dies later than the others you need to delay using deterrence as this final spark may be too high up to reach. If you have a dk have them aoe deathgrip the rages together just before they die so that the sparks will be closer together and easier to soak. If the sparks are spread out pop deterrence as late as it is safe to do so and then use disengage to quickly move to the sparks.

It's also partly the responsibility of your raid to help you with the sparks because the people targetted by them need to stack / move so that the sparks stay relatively close together.

My guild (10 man) kills the 1st 2 rages and soaks the 2 sparks with detterence. We then CC then next pair of rages and kill them together with the next pair and soak the 4 sparks together with deterrence. Using this tactic the hunter needs to save readiness to reset deterrence for the 4th pair of rage sparks but this is only needed at the start where you get 6 pairs of rages before the 1st boss burn phase... Later you only get 3 pairs between eachburn phase so it's not needed because deterrence comes off cooldown during the burn phase.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2012-12-18 at 06:49 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafknight View Post

Correct, but we soak 8 at a time where 10m soaks 4.

I'll try a little bit of everything from this post tonight. I think it will come down to the raid stacking better and running in later.