Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would definitely agree that we need something to do about stuns. They love to give an annoyingly large amount of things stuns, and we go entirely worthless during them. HoF trash is especially annoying, as our great AoE ends up with me grabbing most of the mobs, then getting stunned before much else happens, and getting smashed, lol.

Making fortifying brew work like icebound fortitude for that would be nice. Possibly just allowing us to use some of our CDs during a stun, without breaking the stun. Not sure exactly, but something being done would rock.
    Last edited by Valkari; 2012-12-14 at 08:21 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want a button to pull in all my GotX orbs for a big on demand heal. For tank and spank fights, they are currently ok. Just sidestep right and left to grab them to heal yourself. But fights where there is any movement (kiting/ moving bosses out of fire) and you lose all your on demand orb healing.

A little more passive health would be nice too to help me survive thru a stun. Instead of having our big 3 min CD work while stunned. I just don't want to waste my big CD on trash packs that stun and then not have it up when I need it for a boss.
    Last edited by Baristan; 2012-12-15 at 08:17 PM.

-Xuens dmg taken gives vengance to the monk.
    -If you get stunned you auto-cast a guard.
    -Like a lot of us said before, avert harm range.
    -Clash glyph or talent to make it a regular charge or at least somehow make it useable

also not really tank related, but paralysis range should be 20 yards untalented

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would like the orbs to be more colorful or easier to see. I like Baristan's idea too.

Deleted
    I'd like to be able to taunt / interrupt / use defensive CDs whilst using SCK.

Some kind of defense against stuns seems imperative, without the passive armor of other classes we just go squish. My Brewmaster has less armor than my priest -.-

I'd really like to see elusive brew have no duration, it's so infuriating when it falls off for whatever reason (tanking with an under geared tank and needing to stop auto attacking to avoid taking aggro, kiting, any kind of downtime on a boss, etc)

I like that idea of grabbing all the nearby orbs. It looks so stupid when a massive boss model starts swiveling back and forth as I strafe to collect them.

I wouldn't mind a small boost in HP either, an extra 5% would be nice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonerteey View Post
    -Xuens dmg taken gives vengance to the monk.
    -If you get stunned you auto-cast a guard.
    -Like a lot of us said before, avert harm range.
    -Clash glyph or talent to make it a regular charge or at least somehow make it useable

also not really tank related, but paralysis range should be 20 yards untalented
    I want all of these things, the first two especially would be amazing.

It's been said many times before, but I think monks need more personal defense CD's. One short CD, small % one, say 60sec CD 20% DR and then a big one 3min CD 50% DR. Dampen Harm is ok, but the 20% restriction on it REALLY limits it's use in anything but hard hitting bosses. I would say give us a proper 50% CD, then tweak Dampen Harm slightly.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Expel Harm consumes all healing orbs from Gift of the Ox.

I get scared to move over them just at the thought of fucking up positioning and getting an unlucky melee caught in a cleave or breath or what-not.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

I would like to see Zen Meditation changed to be a little more useful. Or at least not break on the first physical damage we take.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    Expel Harm consumes all healing orbs from Gift of the Ox.

I get scared to move over them just at the thought of fucking up positioning and getting an unlucky melee caught in a cleave or breath or what-not.
    Hell, I would love if they scrapped those goddamn orbs altogether. Whoever thought it was a good idea to have your tank move the boss around while they gathered health orbs needs a good smack.
    Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.

I hate it, when i want to pick up the orbs strafe left and right and the boss wiggles around the room, looking so stupid, ppl asks me wtf i am doing. like "hold still damn it"running INTO the boss to pick orbs up is even worse. these 2 ideas would be ubernice. expel harm heals you XYZ% more of the amount of orbs. or a new spell to pull all orbs on my or just consume them ( 10 secs cd - giving me shuffle haha )
    13/13

Monk

scrap avert harm, it is already too similar to hand of sac imo; change our raid CD to either have our ox statue put guard on everyone but then be unable to apply guard again for 3 minutes or something that explodes our GoO orbs to heal the raid.

i like the idea of EH pulling our GoO orbs to us

BoF giving shuffle if it hits X number of targets(3-5 would be good), just dont allow it to be the same damage single target as BoK.

maybe something where we get %dmg reduction equal to our base dodge+parry when we are stunned. that is our main downfall as a tank right now.

i dont see us having lower EH as a bad thing really. the only reason it seems all that bad is because most every tank in LFR will just blindly stack stam like its still wrath.

oh, dont you dare mess with my kitties damage. there is little better then popping Xuen when you have 300k extra AP on windlord and watching him go bat shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

I would like to see some kind of glyph so xuen dont taunt.. its annoying on bosses where you need to tank adds, and it keeps taunting them back.
    Or a glyph where you get a pet bar, so you decide which mob i should attack

10+ Year Old Account
    I would take a glyph that increases the healing of Expel Harm by 50% but causes it to no longer deal damage.

Xuen would great if it was more controllable and responsive. making it a pet instead of a guardian would be awesomesauce. Most of time i just use RJW , as i find Xuen too temperamental. But i would like to use Xuen.

I also think a glyph that allows Gift of the Ox spheres to be used by party/raid members could have a niche. Sometimes i spawn far more orbs than i can absorb, and i feel like they are going to waste.

I wish a little more of our damage were allocated into Jab and Tiger Palm, but that's just a personal aesthetic grivence (I dispise any ability that i have to press 200 times over the course of 30 minutes and have it contribute only 1.2% of my total damage. my passive ability Swift Reflexes does more damage than my class' signature ability? WTF is up with that?).

Expertise Requirements for all tanks should be lowered. Having to expertise cap for a single key ability is lame, and i don't mind getting a soft cap to prevent dodges, but having to prevent parries? I really don't like it.

We need some ability we can use to mitigate the effects of being stunned. Dematerialize would be too much ask i suppose, But perhaps being able to cast guard and/or expel harm while stunned, or guard automatically proc'ing while stunned would be nice.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2012-12-17 at 05:38 PM.

Health increase 5% to 10%
    Improved mastery -- decreases stagger dot damage along with increasing stagger amount
    Clash works on all the mobs that death grip works on.

Keg Smash being unparry-able while youre soft capped.

a passive ability (6th sense reflex) that gives you 50% of your avoidance as dodge for the duration of stuns. Doesn't work in PvP (if a player stunned you) to prevent "PvP OPness". Includes avoidance from gear, shuffle and elusive brew - so if you're stunned while having all your CDs up, shuffle and elusive brew => 80% avoidance - you get 40% for the duration of stuns.

Xuen taunt removed (could be a major glyph - we have enough minors)

Breath of Fire giving shuffle if it hits 3+ targets.

Dizzying haze applicable to raid bosses to get the BoF DoT (minus the 3% missfire chance or missfire possible only on boss white attacks).

My personal idea (since I don't really like gift of the ox) - change it to build stacks of the ox on you that you can consume to either gain 1% of your HP as a heal (stacks up to 100 stacks), or some HoT for 1sec per stack. Numbers may vary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Deleted
    • Improved mitigation when stunned (in PvE).
    • If clash is used on a target that it doesn't work against, it should just say "you can't use that on that target" or something, while not consuming the CD of Clash.
    • A way to remove Xuen's taunt would be nice. Perhaps also a way to make him change targets, like a glyph that would make him swap targets to the last enemy you Jabbed.
    • I really liked the idea of gripping all your summoned healing orbs into yourself as a CD, mentioned above.

I disagree with anything that would suggest a rework to the lvl 90 talents in a way that there would be a clear choice for tanking/healing/DPS.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thror View Post
    I disagree with anything that would suggest a rework to the lvl 90 talents in a way that there would be a clear choice for tanking/healing/DPS.
    I can't find the post, but I remember Blizz saying they don't want the new Talents system to be spec specific. They are tryin to avoid having a "cookie cutter" Talent system.

Another want I have, is for Recount to track my statue guards on raid members as healing done. Or at the very least as Absorbs! Since they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Baristan View Post
    Another want I have, is for Recount to track my statue guards on raid members as healing done. Or at the very least as Absorbs! Since they are.
    Get Skada. It's a better damage meter in every single way, and tracks Guards in exactly the way you say. Recount is completely obsolete at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone else noticed you can basically endlessly spam Expel Harm at low health? Does the talent that lets it proc even have an ICD? I was spamming EH on the last phase of Blade Lord when I was making the run at low health. Basically showed up at 35% when I should have been dead.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    "Desperate Measures now also resets the cooldown on Expel Harm when the Monk is below 35% health."

I hadn't read anything about a cooldown on this and the patch notes didn't say anything. I know the other night I was the last to die to Amber Shaper because I kept jamming the EH key, haha!
    Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.