Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dude, you do know that the difference between 64% resil and 55% is GIGANTIC? And you also do know that moonkin had to use ALL of his cooldowns. 3x 3 min CD and 1x 1 min CD to achieve that damage? Generally the gameplay in WoW is like this: Someone pops his offensive CDs -> you pop your defensive CDs. Also, random BGs giggity.

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    1. You realise the extra primary and secondary stats make up for that? What was it again, 1 agility is 2 pvp power? Like I said, the extra primary and secondary stats make up for the loss of pvp power.
    2. Not really, even with the setbonus, it only gives 2475 resilience. Pve gear full of resilience gems gives more.
    3. Yeah, like I didn't took those into account....

And really, your gear is terrible. Contenders gear with a few dreadful pieces means nothing when people have several malevolent pieces and rest dreadful.
    No, my gear is not terrible, you are just trolling. If I had full dreadfull gear you'd say that I am not well geared because I don't have full malevolent, if I had full malevolent you would say that I am not well geared because my full malevolent gear is not fully upgraded, if my malevolent gear was fully upgraded than you'd say that I am not well geared because I am not gemmed for full resilience, if my malevolent gear was fully upgraded and fully gemmed for resilience you'd say that my Arena Ratings suck, and so on and so forth.

And no, non-PvP stats do not make up for PvP power else there is no reason for PvP power to even exist, and everyone would just use PvE gear gemmed for resilience. In addition, you just pulled the "ten sockets" stuff out of your arse. I guess that pointing your logical fallacies is pointless since you are just trolling.

The point is that in spite of Blizzard's efforts or lack thereof, PvP burst is completely out of control, and hybrids have got it better than pures.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your gear is terrible. Your argument is entirely flawed. Contender gear is a joke and the Moonkin's burst isn't extreme either. You took 5 hits. You didn't get one shot, nor did you get global-ed. Get better gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    No, my gear is not terrible, you are just trolling. If I had full dreadfull gear you'd say that I am not well geared because I don't have full malevolent, if I had full malevolent you would say that I am not well geared because my full malevolent gear is not fully upgraded, if my malevolent gear was fully upgraded than you'd say that I am not well geared because I am not gemmed for full resilience, if my malevolent gear was fully upgraded and fully gemmed for resilience you'd say that my Arena Ratings suck, and so on and so forth.

And no, pnon-PvP stats do not make up for PvP power else there is no reason for PvP power to even exist, and everyone would just use PvE gear gemmed for resilience. In addition, you just pulled the "ten sockets" stuff out of your arse. I guess that pointing your logical fallacies is pointless since you are just trolling.
    I've seen many ignorant people on these forums, and you sir are one of em.

Anything below full dreadful is just terrible, no matter how often you say it's not, it still is.
    Also, if non-pvp stats wouldn't increase your damage, than why would there still be primary and secondary stats on pvp gear? Sure pvp power increases the damage you do, but so does agility. Haste will still make you attack faster allowing you to do more dps, crit will still allow you to crit more often and mastery will still do whatever mastery does. So if you claim non-pvp stats don't increase your damage, you are very wrong.

Also, I said that lfr gear was better than the crafted pvp set, I never claimed that pve gear would be better than a real pvp set.
    As for sockets, 1 in head, 1 in shoulder, 2 in chest, 1 in legs, 2+1 in belt, 1 in boots, 1 in gloves and you can have 1 in your weapon as well. That's 11 sockets, not counting meta. And if you're a bs you can even add 2 more.

Yep, I'm trolling so hard /sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    Your gear is terrible. Your argument is entirely flawed. Contender gear is a joke and the Moonkin's burst isn't extreme either. You took 5 hits. You didn't get one shot, nor did you get global-ed. Get better gear.
    No, my gear is not terrible. I have got 7 Contender's pieces and 7 Dreadful Glad pieces, 100% PvP gear.

Trolling me will not disprove the fact that getting hit for 165k on full PvP gear is broken, so I suggest you try and come up with a half-decent argument.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Deleted

And no, non-PvP stats do not make up for PvP power else there is no reason for PvP power to even exist, and everyone would just use PvE gear gemmed for resilience. In addition, you just pulled the "ten sockets" stuff out of your arse. I guess that pointing your logical fallacies is pointless since you are just trolling.

The point is that in spite of Blizzard's efforts or lack thereof, PvP burst is completely out of control, and hybrids have got it better than pures.
    "In spite of all the reasons you're giving me, i'll just ignore them and say you're trolling, so I can bash blizzard pretending i'm right"

Good job man, good job.

No, my gear is not terrible. I have got 7 Contender's pieces and 7 Dreadful Glad pieces, 100% PvP gear.

Trolling me will not disprove the fact that getting hit for 165k on full PvP gear is broken, so I suggest you try and come up with a half-decent argument.
    Contender's is terrible and is not the baseline. Get full Dreadful and then maybe what you're talking about will have some meaning.

By the way, do you have any idea what that character's gear was like? Because any class can do absolutely stupid damage if they're fully decked out, and the new item upgrade system means that the gear ceiling is even higher.

Heres his armory - wow-europe - darksorrow - Aftenulv
    I dont know why your complaining, you didn't get 1 shot, you still had time to use silencing shot, deterrence, intimidation, all of which could have helped, instead you decided to eat all boomkins cds. Maybe you though you was invinsible with 53% res. But Maybe look at it on the plus side, next time you see a boomkin maybe you can use any or all of the above, face roll them and come lol at the forums when they are calling for hunter nurfs.
    Anyway instead of arguing with people who are giving you good advise with actual breakdowns maybe thank them rather then bitching, otherwise you desearve to get "1 shot".

Like I said, no I am not wearing very entry level PvP gear. I have got 6 Dreadful PvP pieces and 8 contender's. No single ability should hit for that much on full pvp gear, period.
    See, here's the thing. You're full SHIT PvP Gear. 6 dreadful and 8 contenders is horrible for now. If you had full malevolent and gemmed resi not only would you get hit for A LOT less but you would also have a lot more hp than 318k. Also as please stop complaining about boomkins as a freaking hunter. Thanks

Hunters Armory for everyone : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...enulv/advanced
    Last edited by savvasp; 2012-12-18 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by filstrup View Post
    "In spite of all the reasons you're giving me, i'll just ignore them and say you're trolling, so I can bash blizzard pretending i'm right"

Good job man, good job.
    What do you mean, Blizzard has got the Papal Infallible?

One does not get any more from Blizzard fanboys at the forums except trolling and flames. It was ALWAYS like that. Blizzard was NEVER at fault. It's just that the playerbase needs to L2P.

I remember the fanboys defending Blizzard during WOTLK launch, when it was apparent that DKs were WAY overpowered. I remember the fanboys defending Blizzard about the DK ability Shadow of Death. I remember fanboys defending Blizzard during patch 2.4ish, where it was obvious that Cheat Death was OP. I remember the fanboys defending Blizzard in Vanilla when the World of Roguecraft movie came out.

In a similar fashion now, nobody would admit that so much burst on 100% PvP gear is broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean, Blizzard has got the Papal Infallible?

One does not get any more from Blizzard fanboys at the forums except trolling and flames. It was ALWAYS like that. Blizzard was NEVER at fault. It's just that the playerbase needs to L2P.

I remember the fanboys defending Blizzard during WOTLK launch, when it was apparent that DKs were WAY overpowered. I remember the fanboys defending Blizzard about the DK ability Shadow of Death. I remember fanboys defending Blizzard during patch 2.4ish, where it was obvious that Cheat Death was OP. I remember the fanboys defending Blizzard in Vanilla when the World of Roguecraft movie came out.

In a similar fashion now, nobody would admit that so much burst on 100% PvP gear is broken.
    Except that you don't have pvp gear. You are wearing shit that happens to have some resilience on it.

Except that you don't have pvp gear. You are wearing shit that happens to have some resilience on it.
    I genuinely hope he's still trolling at this point. We keep telling him his gear is horrible, he didn't play well and it's BGs but he keeps responding that we're fanboys and trolls.

Yes, I do have PvP gear. Not only I do have PvP gear, I have got 100% PvP gear. Full PvP gear in fact. 7 Contender's pieces and 7 Dreadful pieces. Like I said before, trolling does not constitute a valid counter argument.

Its quite amusing that anyone can complain about being killed (through cds) by a boomkin, with 318k hp. Im guessing you were lucky enough to miss realease and being globaled by warriors with tfb, and not being able to kite them, i for one would have loved to see you on my warrior and then come troll u hear. dude, your complaining about being killed by a better geared toon with all their cds available on you someone who is undergeared. As people have already stated that your gear is hardly optimal, all the slot bonuses your missing is a massive difference. I dont see how you dont get this point. Maybe someone should draw a diagram for you. If you had anything about you and knew what you was doing, you would have ressed, dusted yourself off, and carried on rather than spam bs whines about getting hit for less than half ur hp. I actually think you do need to L2P.

In this thread: People that don't understand what the word negate means.

ne·gate
    /nəˈgāt/
    Verb

Nullify; make ineffective: "alcohol negates the effects of the drug".

Resilience - reduces damage from players
    PvP Power - increases damage to players

PvP power negates resilience. Resilience negates PvP power.

Don't tell people it doesn't negate anything, that is just straight up wrong. Its JOB is to negate.

15+ Year Old Account
    So a proper geared boomkin used all his cooldown managed to crit you for half your health ( 318k hp really is a lot....) with a spell that has a 15sec cooldown.
    Honestly, if you were better geared, the damage would go from ~50% of your health to ~35% which is perfectly fine and if you claim otherwise, almost every single class needs to get nerfed, even "underpowered classes"
    Actually, 318K Isn't a lot... Full malovelent geared players will have around 380K HP.

Another thing, PVP power doesn't completely negate resilience since it's applied after the resilience.

And yes, get more gear.
    Last edited by Demetrion; 2012-12-18 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Typo

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I do have PvP gear. Not only I do have PvP gear, I have got 100% PvP gear. Full PvP gear in fact. 7 Contender's pieces and 7 Dreadful pieces. Like I said before, trolling does not constitute a valid counter argument.
    Calling everyone who doesn't agree with you a troll makes every single argument you have invalid, also, it's against the forum rules...
    Your gear is terrible, end of story. What you say is that someone in blue pve gear should pull the same dps as someone in full epics, based on the fact it's both full pve gear.
    Honestly, if you are not trolling right now, you must be the most ignorant and stupidest person on this forum I've ever seen.

@demetrion, I'm sitting at 410k as warlock in full malevolent...

Sit in denial all you want. If I see someone with 318k HP, they are breakfast, period. Regardless of class. Your gear is shit you got killed by someone with real amounts of pvp power. Get over it.

Deleted
    I have got 53% standard resilience+ 15% all damage reduction from talent "ironhawk". It works out to abt 55%+ resilience. I got two-shot by a 163,591 Spellstorm. If one increases it by 55%, that's +89,975.

So yeah, instead of GC nerfing Rogues, perhaps you might want to take a look at your beloved "hybrid" burst. The last time a Rogue two shot me was back in 2005.

In before "You need to L2P" and "You got Outplayed".
    You probably got killed by a moonkin who outgeared you, popping all cd's and you call nerf?
    If you want to remove what you call "hybrid burst" maybe Blizzard should remove pure classes selfhealing at the same time

Calling everyone who doesn't agree with you a troll makes every single argument you have invalid, also, it's against the forum rules...
    Your gear is terrible, end of story. What you say is that someone in blue pve gear should pull the same dps as someone in full epics, based on the fact it's both full pve gear.
    Honestly, if you are not trolling right now, you must be the most ignorant and stupidest person on this forum I've ever seen.

@demetrion, I'm sitting at 410k as warlock in full malevolent...
    Like I said before, ad hominem attacks are a clear signal that you have lost the argument given that you don't have anything to argue against the OP, so you just resort to name calling.

The fact remains, that 165k crit on full PvP gear is broken and should not be happening. In fact, it is proof that there is too much burst in PvP atm and also that Blizzard has failed to address the PvP burst issue.