Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Doubt the next expansion has new races because the artists are already spending a lot of effort revamping ten out of the thirteen existing races. To make it seem more exciting they'll probably open up a couple of the existing races to both factions. Horde dwarves, Alliance elves. That sort of thing.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Doubt the next expansion has new races because the artists are already spending a lot of effort revamping ten out of the thirteen existing races. To make it seem more exciting they'll probably open up a couple of the existing races to both factions. Horde dwarves, Alliance elves. That sort of thing.
    Alliance has elves already, we don't need more of them. :P I'll take Horde's goblins, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why can't a demon just be the new race and class as a package?

for example, A Dreadlord, or Lich.
    dictated but not read.

They know their customer base all too well. Playable High Elves would make Activision a metric fuckton of money in character customization fees. Probably the only reason Blizzard hasn't caved already is because the technology for a dual faction race wasn't in the game. And then, there were pandas...
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    If Blizz wants to go big for their 10th anniversary (next expansion) then here's what they should do.

*10 levels
    *Arrakoa for Alliance
    *Ogre for Horde
    *Neutral Etheral
    *Demon Hunter Hero Class
    I would probably perma-sub if Arrakoa became a playable class.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think there should be a new class next expansion - so Blizzard can focus more on other subjects of the game. But a new one in two expansions time, which uses mail. To balance all the armour types.

Personally, I would just love to have an Alliance Etheral, and new models.

If they add a new race and a new class then they both have to be related somehow just like monks and pandas. Judging by how much time they are spending on updating older race models i would say that a new race is a no no unless they already had something up their sleeve and just needs some work.

Deleted
    We will never see another "Hero Class" in WoW ever like the dks....

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Fixed your fix.
    I actually like this.

They know their customer base all too well. Playable High Elves would make Activision a metric fuckton of money in character customization fees. Probably the only reason Blizzard hasn't caved already is because the technology for a dual faction race wasn't in the game. And then, there were pandas...
    Ha.

If Blizz makes high elves playable...which is kindof a lore stretch considering how rare high elves are supposed to be in Azeroth...they better be a completely unique elf model, not just belfs/nelfs with funny colored eyes or something. I hope Blizz won't be that lazy :P

We will never see another "Hero Class" in WoW ever like the dks....
    Nah, it will happen again. It just might not happen until we get to Sargeras or something.

If they put in a new class, it would have to be something unique and not just a rehash.

I think spellbreaker using INT plate would be a fun class. They could have talent trees to be a ranged casting dps, healing, or tank. Every talent tree of the spellbreaker would debuff their target so that some of the dmg their target deals is redirected to them. The dmg that is redirected to them would be their resource. Having a similar mechanic between each spec would help people to swap specs easier.

-As a healer they would then have abilities to mitigate the redirected dmg through absorbs, and heals for the dmg that was not redirected to them.
    -A ranged DPS caster would redirect the incoming dmg back at their target(s)
    -A tank would be able to increase the amount of dmg redirected to them. Their abilities could then be used to either mitigate or redirect dmg back (threat). Striking the balance between mitigation and threat is the direction blizzard seems to want to take tanks in. This could also lead to some interesting raid encounters. Since the tank is just redirecting the dmg the boss is doing and not being directly attacked, they don't have to be in melee range and can tank from range.

Quote Originally Posted by Terahertz View Post
    What about fourth specs for classes? Warlocks get demon hunter, mages get warmage etc?
    This is my hope. Give me my Shaman Tank!

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 01:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    There is no precedence of them wearing leather, in fact the only precedence is that they wear robe bottoms and are shirtless/shoulderpadless with mystical tattoos and bracers. They could be put in cloth, leather, or mail.

In fact bliz could make them use mail and basically you put the mail in the chest slot and your mystical tats become imbued with the stats of the chainmail but you are still shirtless with tats.
    Back when I was a Runemaster advocate, I thought a cool class ability would be like DK Runeforging, but instead, your chest and shoulder gear is transformed into tattoos. With transmog in the system, this may be easier to do now, but my point is I share your vision for DHs.

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 01:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Akoroth View Post
    I can't believe they introduced Vrykul in lich king and didn't allow us to play them
    I share your tears.

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 01:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    The two had to be seperated to make them work properly and you cant just get rid of one because who ever played that would go all armagedon on Blizz and lead a forum uprising and a class action lawsuit.
    Tell that to my DK Frost Tank.
    Last edited by Futhark; 2012-12-18 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Ogres will never be a playable race, Blizzard doesn't like the idea of players playing dumbasses
    Any group that would give us Gnomes, Goblins, and Pandas can't POSSIBLY hate the idea of playable ogres, considering you find Ogres all over Kalimdor and in Outlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    I REALLY doubt we will see a new class next expansion, Blizzard has repeatedly stated their desire to be very cautious when doing that. I think the better question is what is the new main profession we will get?
    For the night is dark and full of terrors

Quote Originally Posted by Algearond View Post
    I REALLY doubt we will see a new class next expansion, Blizzard has repeatedly stated their desire to be very cautious when doing that. I think the better question is what is the new main profession we will get?
    I would love to see two new proffs:

Woodsman: Chop down certain types of trees for their wood (gathering)

Fletcher: Makes Bows, crossbows, staves, and polearms from woodsman mats (crafting)

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait why do people associate Turaloyn/Alleria with the Legion. If my lore is correct they went into the portal chasing the horde not the legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragore View Post
    Wait why do people associate Turaloyn/Alleria with the Legion. If my lore is correct they went into the portal chasing the horde not the legion.
    The horde was largely a faction within the legion at the time when they followed them through. The general consensus (given Blizzard saying we'll see them soon TM) is that with the return of the legion, whatever portal they went through will be reopened. We'll likely see the results of where that group of horde went as well as what those two have been doing to stop them.

On a related note, it'll be cool to see one or more of the following in relation to their 10th anniversary.
    * 10 levels (plus pet levels and guild levels)
    * 10 new race models (all vanilla + draenei and blood elves)
    * 10 heroic dungeons (some favorites revamped for the anniversary and the new storyline, some brand new)
    * 10 boss entry raid
    * 10 paths to follow in a revamped Path of the Titans (want to tank, take this path of the titans, etc).
    * 10 PVP features (mixed up between BG, arena, world pvp)
    * Release date: 10/10/2014 or 11/25/2014(closest Tuesday to 11/23, the original release date).

Next expansion will be out at the end of 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalfirefly View Post
    Next expansion will be out at the end of 2013.
    Yay, Blue post! Thank you digital. Can you provide any updates on the features we can expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Yay, Blue post! Thank you digital. Can you provide any updates on the features we can expect?
    5 level increase
    1 new planet
    Hutts

Whenever the Burning Legion expac comes, there's really no other credible choice for a new Hero class, or standard class, than Demon Hunter. Blah blah to all mention of them being in Diablo 3; different game, different mythology, so who cares? It is a hugely iconic lore class that directly relates to the proposed content. Doing a major Burning Legion expansion without Demon Hunters would be like if they had done Wrath without Death Knights.