Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Holy DPS - Is it upon us?

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/m.../?s=628&e=1005

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...h/smb/advanced

I'm intrigued.

And no, that isn't me. A friend linked it.

Guess it was only a matter of time? Seeing that Holy doesn't need any Hit, spells costs practically no mana with the DPS Chakra and you can basically just stack Int, Crit and Haste as much as possible. No need for Spirit or Mastery, really.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

That's silly, but not surprising.
    50% damage increase from Chastise, 20% smite damage increase from glyph.

I might try this out on my priest in LFR or something.
    I've always enjoyed smiting things.

That's . . . actually pretty cool. If bliz doesn't immediately nerf it for being unintentionally fun I might lvl my priest and give it a whirl.

Really Hope it doesn't get nerfed into oblivion. It require some specific gear that's extremely hard to obtain (we only need 2 stats), and isn't gamebreaking. it's still largely under the others dps spec, is utter crap on movement fight, plus it doesn't provide a lot of reaid utility (well Dvine Hymn will heal like a truck with this itemisation).

I would really LOVE to call myself a dps priest rather than a Shadow priest, and switch once in a while in Holy dps mode, be it for fun, or for a few specials cases.

Deleted
    That's really cool.

Reminds me of low level Disc pre-nerf.

I second these logs. Holy dps is kicking ass (for a healer), and chastise is IMO the funniest thing about the spec right now. I may not be healing awesomely in the chastise chakra stance, but I sure can outdps the baddies. And that makes me a true hybrid healer/dps spec. Which is actually a whole lot more interesting than being the close-to-bottom-of-the-barrel pure healer.

Of course, it's really only something I can truly play out in LFR runs, since my guild's 10man runs require fulltime healers. But it's fun to beat pure DPSers in LFR while still pulling some healing weight.

Now if I were to make some real Smite DPS gear, I think I could truly excel at this. That means completely dropping all spirit and mastery, which account for half my itemization these days. Anyone gone down that route completely yet?
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

It's cool, and why not have a healer that offers really high DPS. Classes should be a little bit unique, no?
    Of course they should never come close to a real DPS player of equal skill and gear. But since that's not the case, why not?
    As Disc I can also heal my way through 5man heroics just by smiting, I never use a casted heal spell anymore and do 50k DPS that way. That's enough to surpass bad DPS, sure, but good DPS do more than twice my DPS so who cares. It's still a nice addition and most importantly fun for me because I like when you have lots of options in how you play your class.

Deleted
    If blizz get a whiff of this even resembling a viable/competitive dps spec they will pounce on it like a dog with a hard on.

Reminds of shockadins though.

i've actually been doing holy dps in lfr.. its nice cause i cast holy fire 3 smites 2 solaces and divine star. and holy fire is off cd then... if a healer dies or needs help i can divine hymn every 3 mins, lightwell, even if i need to go all out healing and go oom.. pop fiend. and instead of smiting solace till full mana again.

i do find it kinda sad that holy can out dps a shadow priest on single target fights.... :/

Quote Originally Posted by Alenoria View Post
    i've actually been doing holy dps in lfr.. its nice cause i cast holy fire 3 smites 2 solaces and divine star. and holy fire is off cd then... if a healer dies or needs help i can divine hymn every 3 mins, lightwell, even if i need to go all out healing and go oom.. pop fiend. and instead of smiting solace till full mana again.

i do find it kinda sad that holy can out dps a shadow priest on single target fights.... :/
    you aren't using SW:P and D? Cus you should be.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

yes i am.... i didn't say i only cast those spells i was just say what i could fit inside the holy fire cd... 3 smites are all i can fit for that smite glyph damage boost. solaces are not mandatory. and thats when i usually refresh pain or death in execute range.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last time I did holy DPS I got kicked from my LFR group for being top DPS :'(

Deleted
    Blizzard should take note on this as it is not a massive game breaking spec for damage but its viable for certain fights. As stated previously movement fights this spec doesn't have a wow factor but stand alone fights makes you feel like a valid hybrid class passing heals when support is needed then splashing some damage the bosses way. All in all i would like to try this and i think someone should post some viable spec / talents for it and get it up and running and there are hardly any guides for it atm.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Incoming 'unintended bug' hot fix...
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Rec View Post
    Last time I did holy DPS I got kicked from my LFR group for being top DPS :'(
    This is Amazing.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

he also did 25k hps while doing 75k+ dps... that is pretty crazy.
    "You take 4,994,468 boredom damage from daily quests.... You have died."

Quote Originally Posted by Bremmon View Post
    he also did 25k hps while doing 75k+ dps... that is pretty crazy.
    Actually, he did 12k hps while doing 65k dps. Your numbers ignore downtime and are incredibly inflated.

Did LFR as holy dps last night.

Ilvl 498 with purely shadow gear

233k dps on wind lord (purely mind sear spam, better than shadow in that regard)
    127k dps on amber shaper
    87k dps on empress

Relevant talents used are Halo, ToF and Mindbender
    Glyphs are Holy Fire, Smite and the third can be whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Dendin View Post
    Actually, he did 12k hps while doing 65k dps. Your numbers ignore downtime and are incredibly inflated.
    I don't think inflated is the right word. DPS is damage/time spent attacking, DPSe is damage/fight length. He obviously didn't spend the entire fight DPSing or healing, so while his DPS might not be the most accurate representation of damage done for the entire fight, it isn't an artificially high number. He actually did that much DPS when he was attacking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

Quote Originally Posted by zsun View Post
    Did LFR as holy dps last night.

Ilvl 498 with purely shadow gear

233k dps on wind lord (purely mind sear spam, better than shadow in that regard)
    127k dps on amber shaper
    87k dps on empress

Relevant talents used are Halo, ToF and Mindbender
    Glyphs are Holy Fire, Smite and the third can be whatever
    Holy fire glyph is probably a dps loss. Due to the GCD being after you cast not during you lose 1 gcd of 20% smite per holy fire.