Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhozul View Post
    The only Horde leaders who really need development at this point are Gallywix and Ji (assuming you can count Ji as a Horde leader). My gut is telling me that Gallywix is going to be on the losing side of the Seige of Orgrimmar and that Ji's story, however it evolves, is not going to end happily. But we'll see.
    I'd be pretty disappointed If we didn't see Gallywix (and his own model) at some stage during Mists.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keksplace View Post
    Many characters are fake-brave... but when dealing with the might of Hellscream they are.... absent.
    If Garrosh is doing such big mistakes... wheres the so called veteran Saurfang to challenge him to an old school duel? Wheres the mighty Rexxar, half orc half ogre to apply a correction to Garrosh? Sylvanas isnt a mano a mano character, she cant challenge Garrosh, for the duel would end in a matter of seconds.

Truth is they are all scared for they know as father as son, Hellscream is too powerful in a 1v1 combat. As his father risen above and eclipsed all, so the son shall be the same.

The time will come when all of them will ally for they might have a chance like that.
    Rexxar was rather like Chen Stormstout in that he allied with the Horde in the founding of Durotar, but he's not really part of it. Last we saw him, he's in Outland. It would certainly be interesting to see what Saurfang thinks of Garrosh's actions, but let's face it. Garrosh is horribly two-faced. He speaks of honor, yet he sends the Kor'kron out assassinating people, bullying the masses, and spreading propaganda. Saurfang isn't an idiot; he's not going to openly challenge Garrosh when it would potentially end like Carine. That would be madness, and I'm sure most of the other Horde leaders feel the same.

I agree about Sylvannas; she couldn't win against Garrosh 1v1; Garrosh was beating Pre-World Shaman Thrall 1v1 during the Wrath of the Lich King opening event. Look at the line up of Horde leaders; you have two rangers (Sylvannas and Lor'themar), a shaman/hunter (Vol'jin), Gallywix (who likes Garrosh), and Baine. Of the lot, only Baine could potentially hold his own against Garrosh in a fight, and Baine is something of a peacemaker.

In short, I wouldn't call any of those characters "fake-brave." I'd call them survivors first and foremost and tacticians second.

---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 05:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenbrew View Post
    I'd be pretty disappointed If we didn't see Gallywix (and his own model) at some stage during Mists.
    My gut feeling is saying that he'll be a boss encounter and that we'll end up killing him. Despite the hilarity of his leader short story, he's the only racial leader that NOBODY (most players and NPCs) likes.

In such a case, however, who would be his replacement? He (or she) would need some character set-up too.

I have a feeling we will see gallywix and hopefully they will update his model to that fat bloated goblin in his image on the mountain

As for Ji he needs to be treated as a faction leader cause he IS a faction leader he is the leader of the houjin pandaran

he shouldnt be a no name monk trainer he should be a elite boss and same goes to aysa too

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Might be busy making Koltira a new Undead faction mount.
    Oh man, I wish I could Like this.

OT: Diplomacy ftw. I'm sure Sylvanas could give Garrosh a good run for his money, she's at least twice as devious in her ways. On the other hand, it's easier waiting for someone else to make him bleed and then stab him in the back. It's not as if undead don't have all the time in the world.

There was another topic where the question posed was "Rexxar vs. Garrosh, who ya got?" The answer wasn't resounding in Rexxar's favor, but it definitely was for him. Like you said though, would Rexxar care enough to call Garrosh out on his actions? He's the Champion of the Horde, but is that more like a formality akin to the king and queen of England?

And did anyone else cringe when Garrosh first called Sylvanas a female dog? He accentuated the word so damn much.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Many characters are fake-brave... but when dealing with the might of Hellscream they are.... absent.
    If Garrosh is doing such big mistakes... wheres the so called veteran Saurfang to challenge him to an old school duel? Wheres the mighty Rexxar, half orc half ogre to apply a correction to Garrosh? Sylvanas isnt a mano a mano character, she cant challenge Garrosh, for the duel would end in a matter of seconds.

Truth is they are all scared for they know as father as son, Hellscream is too powerful in a 1v1 combat. As his father risen above and eclipsed all, so the son shall be the same.

The time will come when all of them will ally for they might have a chance like that.
    It's hard to be brave when your enemy is holding your entire race hostage. The minute Sylvanis makes a move against Garrosh her people will be slaughtered as she knows it. Baine and Voljin are in similar situations of having to put the safety of their people ahead of their disgust. Saurfang can't make a move until he finds a way to removes Garrosh's support with the younger orcs or it would just lead to a civil war.

Atm the game is setting up the reasons why the horde is gonna turn on garrosh

and tbh we dont need to see a reason why sylvanas and the forsaken hate garrosh we knew why back in cata

Reason why 5.1 is all about the trolls and the belfs and there reasons for a rebellion so i dont expect to see much forsaken storyline untill the end

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    There was another topic where the question posed was "Rexxar vs. Garrosh, who ya got?" The answer wasn't resounding in Rexxar's favor, but it definitely was for him. Like you said though, would Rexxar care enough to call Garrosh out on his actions? He's the Champion of the Horde, but is that more like a formality akin to the king and queen of England?

And did anyone else cringe when Garrosh first called Sylvanas a female dog? He accentuated the word so damn much.
    You mistake people votes for facts. People hate Garrosh for some reason thats why the vote was like that. In fact you can put anyone vs Garrosh and that anyone might win with people votes.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mistake people votes for facts. People hate Garrosh for some reason thats why the vote was like that. In fact you can put anyone vs Garrosh and that anyone might win with people votes.

"For some reason".........

Really? I hope you can grasp WHY they don't like him.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Kae View Post
    Well at least it's better than Sylvanas actually being Garrosh in a dark lady costume.
    Iunno, the "Surprise!" factor to all the fanbois drooling over Sylvanas' cleavage would be epic.

Worthy of M. Night Shyamalan
    reminds me of Scooby Doo mysteries more.

id assume Sylvanas stabs Garrosh in the back while hes dying.. but maybe she shoots him in the back being an archer and all.. otherwise if she was an undead leader and a rogue that'd be even better. Remember Sylvanas arrow can 1shot biches.. but i guess it'd make a really sad story if they used that, people would be asking, so why didnt she do it sooner?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    MoP will be major for deciding her future. If she doesn't start to make changes toward being less of a Lich Queen, expect her to be on the list of villains for future expansions or WC4.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

He's still the Warchief. Rebelling against your faction leader is not something you do lightly, especially when your whole race's lives hang in the balance. Just ask Vol'Jin, he says as much on Echo Isles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    reminds me of Scooby Doo mysteries more.

id assume Sylvanas stabs Garrosh in the back while hes dying.. but maybe she shoots him in the back being an archer and all.. otherwise if she was an undead leader and a rogue that'd be even better. Remember Sylvanas arrow can 1shot biches.. but i guess it'd make a really sad story if they used that, people would be asking, so why didnt she do it sooner?
    Garrosh sure is gonna have alot of arrows fired at his back i mean didnt vol'jin say he was gonna do the same

Deleted
    Anyone else get Bonnie Tyler playing in their heads when they read the thread title? "Where have all the good men gone and where are all the gods?..."

Anyway, Pandaria is a land being fought over for resources, both material and 'mortal' (I'd say human, but pandas aren't human). That and faction ego. By and large, the things Pandaria can offer to the living races of either faction really hold little value for Sylvanas and the Forsaken. They need no spiritual exploration beyond devotion to the Shadow or the personality cult surrounding the Dark Lady, they don't really need lumber or farmland or whatever (at least, nowhere near as much as living races) and finally, Pandaren can't be turned into Forsaken. Sylvanas seems to be interested only in bolstering Forsaken ranks, not Horde forces generally.
    The main focus of the Forsaken policy of expansion lies on their native continent. They want Lordaeron, both the nation, the majority of the Forsaken's home in life, and the continent forming the upper half of the Eastern Kingdoms, which is also referred to collectively as Lordaeron. They're not interested in off-shore territory, I think.

In summary, I suspect there is little of interest for Sylvanas in Pandaria and investing time and resources in a campaign there would likely just distract the Forsaken from their real objective of expansion, the conquering of Lordaeron. Sure, there might be some powerful artefacts to be found there. But, the Reliquary is already working on acquiring them. And I suspect whatever falls into blood elf possession is pretty much Sylvanas' too.
    Last edited by mmocf558c230a5; 2012-12-19 at 06:34 AM.

Deleted
    Yeh. Sylvanas, that old rotten fanservice faction boss, would have "how many arrows you can shoot into Garrosh's back"-race with Vol'jin.

Btw, i could imagine Gallywix being one of the raid bosses, just because "Garrosh is owing me money for rebuilding Org! Must defend him!"

...lol. Imagine if Gallywix and some other goblins would turn into horde version of Defias Brotherhood, hating horde because of unpayed building costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    Yeh. Sylvanas, that old rotten fanservice faction boss, would have "how many arrows you can shoot into Garrosh's back"-race with Vol'jin.

Btw, i could imagine Gallywix being one of the raid bosses, just because "Garrosh is owing me money for rebuilding Org! Must defend him!"

...lol. Imagine if Gallywix and some other goblins would turn into horde version of Defias Brotherhood, hating horde because of unpayed building costs.
    Gallywix penchant for self preservation will make sure he learns the lesson of his ways after we 'defeat' him in the raid

trust me that slimy backstabbing fuck will survive mop and carry on exploiting like the good goblin that he is

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhozul View Post
    She's around, but honestly 5.1 isn't her story.

As you progress through Dominance Offensive, you'll see that it focuses very heavily on Lor'themar and how his personal feelings about the Horde change and evolve during the course of the Pandaria campaign. And honestly, that's a good thing. We've see what Sylvannas thinks of Garrosh in Silverpine Forest, BEFORE Garrosh started to get a little too big for his britches. Sylvannas makes it clear that she doesn't support or agree with Garrosh at the start of Tides of War, either. In that book, she openly looks to Lor'themar for support, who doesn't say anything. The reason being that he's not a brash person; he's calculating and he's out for the sin'dorei first and foremost. The Dominance Offensive quests do an excellent job illustrating this.

As of 5.1, we know where Vol'jin and, surprisingly, Lor'themar stand in the Horde revolution. We get to see the start of what could very well be the Catalyst in the revolution (Thrall has made plans to go have a talk with Garrosh). And we now know that Baine is poking around the Vale of Eternal Blossoms, which means he's probably going to learn first hand what Garrosh is messing with, and considering he was already in Vol'jin's camp during Tides of War, I think his visit to Pandaria is only going to cement his feelings.

The only Horde leaders who really need development at this point are Gallywix and Ji (assuming you can count Ji as a Horde leader). My gut is telling me that Gallywix is going to be on the losing side of the Seige of Orgrimmar and that Ji's story, however it evolves, is not going to end happily. But we'll see.
    I like the part with Gallywix, he's a villain anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    Imagine if Gallywix and some other goblins would turn into horde version of Defias Brotherhood, hating horde because of unpayed building costs.
    That would require Onyxia lying to them. And the goblins to actually build something.

I wouldn't go that far. There was sound reasoning within the topic. People can hate someone and still admit that they're powerful or able to win matches.

I hate Nick Diaz in the UFC but I have to admit that he's a solid fighter and can win matches. I also hate Superman but he's uber-powerful and would beat many of my favorite characters.

Rexxar has the ability to beat Garrosh. What is your reasoning against this?