Page 1 of 74
... LastLast
    Deleted

Steam Winter Sale - December 20th through January 4th

Winter Sale Dates: 20th December - 4th January (leaked by an Indie developer)

Previous sales have started (and changed the deals daily) at 10am PDT (18:00 in the UK).

It's that time again... hold on to your wallets

If this is your first sale, a few tips..

* Don't buy anything unless it's a daily or flash deal until the last day, because things are often discounted every further on the dailies.

* You can buy a game as a gift and send it to your inventory and use it as gifts to give to people or to trade in the future.

* Steam now emails you if a game on your wishlist goes on sale. So you can add all the games you want to watch to your wishlist and get an alert.

Anyone else have any good tips or hoping to pick up something specific?

Some minor games I'd want, such as Mark of the Ninja, but nothing major.

That's a nice feature, I wasn't aware about the e-mail feature.

WTB events like last year and coal. Even if I didn't win anything, it was fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    My wallet is in an unreachable place... (no it isn't. )
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Anyone else have any good tips or hoping to pick up something specific?
    A budget.

I wonder if they'll be doing the achievements again. I know I ended up buying a few cheap games I had no interest in to get as much coal or free games I could :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    A budget.
    I heard of that elusive thing once, but I haven't yet managed to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Some minor games I'd want, such as Mark of the Ninja, but nothing major.

That's a nice feature, I wasn't aware about the e-mail feature.

WTB events like last year and coal. Even if I didn't win anything, it was fun.
    Now: Just need a few games, some minor ones.

Later: Buy ALL the games!

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Now: Just need a few games, some minor ones.

Later: Buy ALL the games!
    That might be true, if I had any expendable money.

That might be true, if I had any expendable money.
    There is always money!
    Always!

Deleted
    Expecting AC3 to get -25% off, perhaps -33% if lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    Expecting AC3 to get -25% off, perhaps -33% if lucky.
    I'd recommend just buying it off gamefanshop, it's 36% off (£20/25 euros)and their price without the discount is £32/40 euros, so cheaper than steam( or isn't it? it's £40 on steam but not sure on the euro price, could be 40 euros. The only downside is it's on uplay if you don't like that, but worth it for the price, or it was for me.

NO, Its too soon! I'm not prepared yet !

I fear i may not make it through this one... I need a chastity belt for my credit card
    {◕ ◡ ◕}

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn it!
    Last edited by Remilia; 2012-12-24 at 01:23 AM.

Deleted
    Gamestop here just started selling the steam wallet voucher things i guess it was just in time to the winter sale sneaky sneaky

Not sure if there is any games i want on the sale i prefer buying new AAA titles physical as they are usaly cheaper here then digitaly im at a point where i dont want anything anymore its strange.

Jade Empire is on %75 discount at the moment, I recommend it if you are into rpg.

Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    Not sure if there is any games i want on the sale i prefer buying new AAA titles physical as they are usaly cheaper here then digitaly im at a point where i dont want anything anymore its strange.
    And how does that make any sense? Shouldn't digital equal lower price, since there's no cost to the developer to ship, make plastic, etc?

Deleted
    And how does that make any sense? Shouldn't digital equal lower price, since there's no cost to the developer to ship, make plastic, etc?
    Dont ask me ask the swedish stores

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's time I picked up Orcs Must Die 2 , would prefer to buy the 2 pack edition though but I got nobody I know who's interested who hasn't already bought the game .

Oh no I still havent finished half the games I got on the last major sale. My wallet is screaming "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" already.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    Maybe it's time I picked up Orcs Must Die 2 , would prefer to buy the 2 pack edition though but I got nobody I know who's interested who hasn't already bought the game .
    Yes. You buy Orcs Must Die. You buy it right now the moment it goes on 75% off (it hit 75% the previous sale, don't go for anything lower).

I want Skyrim and Kingdom of Something, RPG. I've been patiently waiting!