Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dungeon finder lulz MoP edition

ITT: We share stories of funny/annoying moments in dungeon finder during MoP.

Last night on my 89 DK, Shado Pan monastery and I'm tanking. We had a dps leave after sha of violence, warrior with ress sickness hops in. He had 2 of the maces from last boss so I thought np I just want the mace he can do what he wants.

He approaches to pull the pack the entire group skipped, dying and making the trash go after us. Trash dies, healer resses warrior.

We make our way to last boss, kill it with the warrior doing astonishing 800 dps.

Warmace drops, he needs, I need.

He wins mace even though he had 2 of them and wasn't doing shit to contribute to the group. I don't care though since I just made the 463 crafting axe.

Had lulz because I can't imagine how good he must feel for himself while I just laugh.

Deleted
    Doing istances on my lvl 85 horde rogue , topping meters with 90-100k overall.

Getting a laugh at other dpsers and having a good time being praised.

Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post

Story of my life every time I cap VP on my main.

Deleted
    Ye but im doing it at 85 .

90 is too easy on my war and surely 90k is too low for a war fury .

Meh.... I leveled my main through questing and when I ran instances on my rogue/DK they had only PvP gear so I did only 50k-60k ish at lvl 85 :P

Deleted
    Is ok , its not for everyone .

I cant seem to recall any other interesting happenings in mop istances though .. may have met just ordinary people.

Just some scrub tank here and there who would not accept me attacking ( on my alt hunter ), when he was approaching mobs + my misdi.

But for the rest all normal for now .

Is ok , its not for everyone .

I cant seem to recall any other interesting happenings in mop istances though .. may have met just ordinary people.

Just some scrub tank here and there who would not accept me attacking ( on my alt hunter ), when he was approaching mobs + my misdi.

But for the rest all normal for now .
    If you geared up on day 2-3 on MoP like I did you did not have to go back there because you got fully 5 man hc geared before the dribblers dinged 90. Once I hit 90 on my main, I met proper players in heroics, no afkers/ninjas/keyturners who die in fire with 14k dps. Actually proper players which I miss.

Now on my rogue/DK running HC's I meet the vermin who expect the group to carry them.

Deleted
    Yeah i agree, at the beginning of the expansion is easier to find good people in heroics, happened the same in wotlk/cata.

Yeah i agree, at the beginning of the expansion is easier to find good people in heroics, happened the same in wotlk/cata.
    Exactly. Good thing the people below 70 IQ in dungeons provide proper entertainment. Had a DK queuing as blood in DPS role, he was dual wielding in unholy presence, macroing random /y crap in every ability doing 7k dps at lvl 90. He did not listen to polite advice and was typing in all caps. Of course Jenkins title and guildless.

The funny part about MoP dungeons is that since I am a DK tank, I have literally never wiped in a MoP dungeon or heroic. I can't die.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    The funny part about MoP dungeons is that since I am a DK tank, I have literally never wiped in a MoP dungeon or heroic. I can't die.
    Smart DK tanks dont even need a healer. Bad DK tanks however, can't hold aggro and dont know what blood shield is.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    pretty much this.
    i havnt needed a healer in a heroic since i first started.
    when i get temple of jade serpent, i get happy because i can just pull the entire trash packs before each boss and clear them in 1 pull and take no damage.
    its always amazing when healers or dps rage because im pulling too much or fast so they cant cast.
    like holy shit i know what im doing otherwise id not be pulling 20 damn things.

Deleted
    When I leveled my DK (tank) I pretty much solod the endboss in Shado Pan Monestary normal, the healer dinged 90 on the last trashpack and waited until after I pulled to leave and the DPS stood in the orbs without attacking them... So there was me and the boss with 95% HP. I got dizzy from getting dragged around and it was mostly the dots that kiled him, but losing HP? Nah, not as a DK.

It's also prett amusing when I am second on DPS with my disc priest. But since MoP heroics are basically free loot it doesn't matter as long as the tank holds aggro we can do the dungeon.

Oh and last boss of temple of the Jade Serpent before they fixed the doors. Two manning the boss was always fun

Just dropping this here. Realistic Rankings for level 90s in Tier 14 gear.
    Last edited by TheWindWalker; 2012-12-19 at 01:19 PM.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    Smart DK tanks dont even need a healer. Bad DK tanks however, can't hold aggro and dont know what blood shield is.
    As a healer it's a breath of fresh air entering a random with at least 2 of the dps doing. 100k+ single target dps and the tank not taking hardly any damage. Hell, ill usually end up dpsing as holy, tossing in another 45k dps or so. Not a word is spoken, no one grovels at each others feet, we plow through the instance then queue up again.

You know it's gonna be a good run when Voss melts before her soul even splits.

Quite rare but nice to find.
    Last edited by Theholypally; 2012-12-19 at 01:21 PM.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    As a healer it's a breath of fresh air entering a random with at least 2 of the dps doing. 100k+ single target dps and the tank not taking hardly any damage. Hell, ill usually end up dpsing as holy, tossing in another 45k dps or so. Not a word is spoken, no one grovels at each others feet, we plow through the instance then queue up again.

You know it's gonna be a good run when Voss melts before her soul even splits.

Quite rare but nice to find.
    My best experience with MoP heroics by far was when I had just hit 90 on my priest. I was wearing 450 crafted pvp blues, and having healed since BC I know what my limits are...especially when in subpar gear. Started having a mini-freak out session when I realized the tank was literally pulling 3-4 trash packs at a go, usually with a boss too. Calmed down a bit when I realized he was already in some heroic raid gear and doing just as much healing as I was, which was a huge sigh of relief due to my gear limitations.

Got to the end of the instance with no one dying and realized that the tank was actually someone I already knew from these forums (and had run into in a DS LFR on different toons a year before). Started chatting and didn't even mind when I got outrolled on the healing trinket by the feral druid.

Small world. :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    I think you dropped it in the wrong place since i am not 90 on rogue and with few higher lvl equips reaching high dps is way easier and perfectly doable. .

But it's ok , i forgive you because i am sure you got offended and didnt read properly .

10+ Year Old Account
    i blew up some kids today in stormstout brewery by hitting the barrels when they were standing next to them

I think you dropped it in the wrong place since i am not 90 on rogue and with few higher lvl equips reaching high dps is way easier and perfectly doable. .

But it's ok , i forgive you because i am sure you got offended and didnt read properly .
    Or else I'm just unaware of how you're doing it unless you're in full mop blues. In which case, wow. Cause during Dragon Soul the best rogues in the world, top WoL parses, with their legendary daggers were straining to stay above 60k.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol really because I seem to remember everyone failing at the beginning of Cata heroics. Like, super bad.