Wind Lord Mel'jarak 10hc dispel

Hello folks,

yesterday, we tried the wind lord for the first time and had some issues with the mass dispel. Not as I see Quickening will be cast every 12 seconds which is too fast for the mass dispel cooldown of our priest (15 seconds). So how shall we cover this problem? In 25men that won't be a problem since most time you will have more than one priest. Do you dispel all adds and the boss individual? Thanks for help in advance

Is quickening any different on heroic than normal? At least on normal, if you cc one of the menders, the quickening comes in a pattern of 12 seconds, then 24 seconds, then 12 seconds, then 24 seconds etc. So just cc one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    Hello folks,

yesterday, we tried the wind lord for the first time and had some issues with the mass dispel. Not as I see Quickening will be cast every 12 seconds which is too fast for the mass dispel cooldown of our priest (15 seconds). So how shall we cover this problem? In 25men that won't be a problem since most time you will have more than one priest. Do you dispel all adds and the boss individual? Thanks for help in advance
    If you have balance druid in your team he can symbiosis mass dispell from priest.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

Quote Originally Posted by Vashi View Post
    If you have balance druid in your team he can symbiosis mass dispell from priest.
    Thats on a 1 minute cooldown.

We just have our ele shaman and boomkin take them whenever i cant take them with MD.. Usually i do the first quickening and then every 2nd from that. Shamans take the rest.

Deleted
    1 stack of quickening is not too hard on the healers, u could wait with the MD until there are 2 stacks.

Another approach would be to CC all 3 Menders (we did this last week when our priest couldnt make it to the raid). Works fine as well, without the quickening-stacks you can survive the korthik-strikes from the blademasters easily even when all 3 of them are active.

Shamans and Hunters can do it well too. I personally use the Tranq shot glyph for a free tranq shot and a 10 sec cd, so I do it on cooldown almost.

Quote Originally Posted by Velv View Post
    1 stack of quickening is not too hard on the healers, u could wait with the MD until there are 2 stacks.

Another approach would be to CC all 3 Menders (we did this last week when our priest couldnt make it to the raid). Works fine as well, without the quickening-stacks you can survive the korthik-strikes from the blademasters easily even when all 3 of them are active.
    How did you handle the amber trappers? We cc all the trappers and killed the others, I was under the impression if the amber trappers are up they can prison someone in a wind bomb which is pretty much gg, since you cant go in to break them out. Just curious thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varick99 View Post
    How did you handle the amber trappers? We cc all the trappers and killed the others, I was under the impression if the amber trappers are up they can prison someone in a wind bomb which is pretty much gg, since you cant go in to break them out. Just curious thanks.
    We killed the Amber-Trappers first, it obviously helps if you can avoid a few of the prisons by bubbling/blinking etc. so you dont get too much debuffs. Dont know if its possible to get a Wind Bomb and a Prison at the same time, at least it didnt happen to us that evening.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rullis View Post
    Shamans and Hunters can do it well too. I personally use the Tranq shot glyph for a free tranq shot and a 10 sec cd, so I do it on cooldown almost.
    dk's can glyph icy touch for a dispell aswell

Do you even need to dispel on 10 man? I thought you just rocked up and collect loot.

Don't start this, please
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-12-19 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rtslbd View Post
    Do you even need to dispel on 10 man? I thought you just rocked up and collect loot.
    Not even sure if we dispel the boss on 10-man, but a Purge every now and then will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Don't start this, please
    Can't comment on 10 vs. 25-man, but 10-man pretty well consists of rocking up and collecting loot. Heroic 10-man's a lot easier than normal, too.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velv View Post
    Dont know if its possible to get a Wind Bomb and a Prison at the same time, at least it didnt happen to us that evening.
    It is. You can't click the person without blowing up and you can't Life Grip them out of it, either. They're pretty much removed from the fight until the end, unless you chain cooldowns and blow the bomb on purpose or something.

Deleted
    We killed him for the first time last week.
    We CC all Amber trappers and then have three people on interupt duty with the rest of the group helping out with dispels as much as possible.
    As Rullis already said hunters and shamans can help dispelling. Locks can use their pets to dispel and mages can spellsteal quickening (although they won't get the buff)
    The most important thing is the dispel the blademasters and especially the boss when he does Rain of Blades

Deleted
    We just had out Priest MD when he could along with our Boomkin (with Purge from a Shaman) and myself (Resto Shaman) keeping an eye on the boss and others.

Ensure MD is available when a Rain of Blades is due

Also had only one priest (heal) on our fight (3x cc ambertrapper) this week; just make sure the other dispell classes remove quickening from the blademaster mobs so they won't oneshot players and the boss. Stacks on the healers are not that much of an issue.

If you don't have extra mass dispels to go around, time it so that you clear quickening off Blademasters before their big strike. Otherwise they'll likely 1-shot their target. There are many single target dispels, so make sure those are being used on the boss frequently, too. If you don't have any mass dispel at all, get 3 single target ones to clear the blademasters frequently. The boss shouldn't crush the tank too bad, but don't let it stack up very high on him, either.