10+ Year Old Account
    As arguably the most powerful blood bender to live, is it possible he could have sensed Tarlokk's movements through his blood?
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Well, now that Nickelodeon ordered 2-3 seasons of Korra, they have more time to plan things out so not everything gets dumped in the final episode.
    Remember, Korra was SUPPOSED to be a 13 episode miniseries. It wasn't till halfway through that Nick noticed it was popular/high ratings and ordered ANOTHER season. Changing their order to 2-3 new seasons at the end of season 1.

Yes, the ending felt rushed, but you can't fully blame the creators for that. If Nickelodeon ordered 2 mini-seasons from the start (which the creators wanted), then it would have been more spread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dirk123 View Post
    Remember, Korra was SUPPOSED to be a 13 episode miniseries. It wasn't till halfway through that Nick noticed it was popular/high ratings
    A sequel of quite possibly the best cartoon ever aired on Nick getting high popular/high ratings? Also simultaneously hyped by a million fans before it was even released?

Poor Nickelodeon, they never saw it coming
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-12-18 at 09:21 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post
    A sequel of quite possibly the best cartoon ever aired on Nick getting high popular/high ratings? Also simultaneously hyped by a million fans before it was even released?

Well there is probably a lot more too it, always is with business.
    Hey everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Xuvial View Post

We are talking about Nickelodeon who put Avatar on Hiatus (2nd Half of Season 3) for an effing long time to show more Spongebob. So yes, they are Idiots/dumbasses MOST of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dirk123 View Post
    We are talking about Nickelodeon who put Avatar on Hiatus (2nd Half of Season 3) for an effing long time to show more Spongebob. So yes, they are Idiots/dumbasses MOST of the time.
    Spongebob is where the money is at, you don't put emotion into business. I can guarantee Spongebob is their biggest money maker.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    Spongebob is where the money is at, you don't put emotion into business. I can guarantee Spongebob is their biggest money maker.
    Spongebob is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    Spongebob is awesome.
    Yeah but compared to Avatar...
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    I have never wanted to eat something more than a Krabby Patty after watching Spongebob.

I've never really wanted to eat the stuff they have in Avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    I have never wanted to eat something more than a Krabby Patty after watching Spongebob.

I've never really wanted to eat the stuff they have in Avatar.
    not even Flamey-Os Instant Noodles the noodliest noodles in the United Republic????
    Gamdwelf the Mage

I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    not even Flamey-Os Instant Noodles the noodliest noodles in the United Republic????
    And dem Cabbages.

I'm sure with more than Book 2 in the future they will plan ahead instead of that ending that we had in Book 1. They really need to take an episode or two in Book 2 and clear some issues up. I still watch that boat scene today and I tear up a bit regardless of what anyone else thinks when I see him take the gas cap off. Noatok even shed a tear, now to me I'm not sure but I think he knew Tarlokk was about to do it... Any thoughts on that?
    Well, it seems to strongly imply that Noatok saw it coming, with the single tear and all. It adds to it as Tarlokk says how it'll be like the good old days. Back when he talked about his past with his father and brother, it seemed like their childhood was just awful thanks to Yakon. So there really weren't any "good old days".

For the scene itself... eh, I can't really get too emotional about it. Sure, it's kinda cool and everything, but you need to ask yourself as to what the purpose of it was. I mean, did either Amon or Tarlokk really need to be killed off like this? Neither of them weren't that bad, they both had good intentions that were perverted by their pasts, but they weren't that villinous. Hell, Amon's handiwork was fixed in a grand total of two seconds with Aang showing up to give Korra energybending. Not to mention Sato proved to be an even more evil villain than Amon did... the guy tried to murder his own daughter for God's sake.

Just personal view on it, but it just seemed uneeded. More like they were just trying to say, "Hey kids! Look how cool and dark we're making this series, yay!"
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    In your Washing Machine, Stealing your Socks
    Deus Ex Machina is the name of the technique so finely dubbed "Pulling it out of your ass." Defined specifically as "The intervention of a Deitic entity at a stories climax to solve characters problem and wrap the story up."

While i won't weigh in on the whole "lul..., wat kora can airbend like a firebender' argurment. Her allocation of the Energybending power by Aeng, as previously mentioned, was conveinant, a gift from a dietec-esque enitity when our lovely heroine was about to top herself off that there cliff from losing her other bending powers, which i don't think is an unlikely scenario, like losing something you have lived with and depnded on your entire life like a limb [which in fact fits in with Korra's character as a hothead/dramatist so seeing death as an option is as likely a scenario as not]. The writers have to introduce an event where she can gain her powers back otherwise provebial evil wins [murder suicide not withstanding].

There is no evidence other than assumption that Bloodbending takes powers away permanately, it may just supress bending. As the previous evidence is nothing but assumption made by the characters of the show, we safely use assumption in an argument that we make about the series. Energybending restored the supressed bending potential to the wielder because it was there the whole time. Least thats what i always thought.

Think of how the chi blockers blocked certain pressure points to block the movement of chi and prevent bending, well take this to the next level and consider the biology behind this and assume, as i did, that Amon's "taking bending away," was actually a permanant or prolonged supression of those chi points. Regardless of the divine intervention that Korra received to learn Energybending (which is no less divine than Aeng) It makes sense that she [korra] and energybending can restore the chi points that have been blocked by Amon's blood bending.

The only conveniant scenario happens to be that Korra didn't know how to use Air bending when Aman did his whole probe thing on her forehead. But we can explain this away by saying that Amon has never taken away an Air bending before therefore doesn't know how to block that certain "mindstate" that allows for Airbending to take place.

Least thats how I saw things when i watched the series for what its worth, and assumed at the time. Deus Ex Machina, while not a popular Lit. technique, is a legitamate way to nicely sum out a story and with particular canon offered by Avatar (Spirt Worlds, and Avatars) it seems legitamate that this technique was used. i.e. the inclusion of the Avatar state at the end of the first season was kind of Deus Ex Machina though they explained it far earlier in the series, kind of discounting the theory but still divine intervention is there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacromental View Post
    Deus Ex Machina is the name of the technique so finely dubbed "Pulling it out of your ass." Defined specifically as "The intervention of a Deitic entity at a stories climax to solve characters problem and wrap the story up."

While i won't weigh in on the whole "lul..., wat kora can airbend like a firebender' argurment. Her allocation of the Energybending power by Aeng, as previously mentioned, was conveinant, a gift from a dietec-esque enitity when our lovely heroine was about to top herself off that there cliff from losing her other bending powers, which i don't think is an unlikely scenario, like losing something you have lived with and depnded on your entire life like a limb [which in fact fits in with Korra's character as a hothead/dramatist so seeing death as an option is as likely a scenario as not]. The writers have to introduce an event where she can gain her powers back otherwise provebial evil wins [murder suicide not withstanding].

There is no evidence other than assumption that Bloodbending takes powers away permanately, it may just supress bending. As the previous evidence is nothing but assumption made by the characters of the show, we safely use assumption in an argument that we make about the series. Energybending restored the supressed bending potential to the wielder because it was there the whole time. Least thats what i always thought.

Think of how the chi blockers blocked certain pressure points to block the movement of chi and prevent bending, well take this to the next level and consider the biology behind this and assume, as i did, that Amon's "taking bending away," was actually a permanant or prolonged supression of those chi points. Regardless of the divine intervention that Korra received to learn Energybending (which is no less divine than Aeng) It makes sense that she [korra] and energybending can restore the chi points that have been blocked by Amon's blood bending.

The only conveniant scenario happens to be that Korra didn't know how to use Air bending when Aman did his whole probe thing on her forehead. But we can explain this away by saying that Amon has never taken away an Air bending before therefore doesn't know how to block that certain "mindstate" that allows for Airbending to take place.

Least thats how I saw things when i watched the series for what its worth, and assumed at the time. Deus Ex Machina, while not a popular Lit. technique, is a legitamate way to nicely sum out a story and with particular canon offered by Avatar (Spirt Worlds, and Avatars) it seems legitamate that this technique was used. i.e. the inclusion of the Avatar state at the end of the first season was kind of Deus Ex Machina though they explained it far earlier in the series, kind of discounting the theory but still divine intervention is there.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't really compare the two. Very different shows.

Although old spongebob is fucking hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spongebob is also very sexual, some people just don't realize it.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by duronos View Post
    spongebob is also very sexual, some people just don't realize it.
    gary!!!!!!!!11

10+ Year Old Account
    Spongebob is also very sexual, some people just don't realize it.
    key example of this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCqcRgg22co

apologies for the horrible quality btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by ranku View Post
    key example of this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCqcRgg22co

apologies for the horrible quality btw.
    how is that sexual?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

10+ Year Old Account
    how is that sexual?
    mystery was a female sea horse, what do you think the "coin slot" was?
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Mess with someone's head enough, you can turn a scared little kid into an all powerful bitch.
    only two things are infinite the universe, and human stupidity,
    and i'm not too sure about the universe -Albert Einstein