Which pet buff will provide more benefit to raid group

Our group is currently lacking the 5% spell haste buff and the 5% spell damage taken buff. This leaves me with bringing either the sporebat or dragonhawk/wind serpent. I was just wondering which one would be overall more beneficial to the group. The only other caster dps in our raid group at the moment are 2 mages.

Spell haste affects healers and dps. Spell damage affects dps.

A fixing of your comp would provide the best benefit.

You guys have no locks, rogues, or hybrid Spell DPS? What the hell is your ranged team? Two mages and a hunter, or two hunters and a mage? I'd say unless you intentionally made a bad comp, it's near impossible to be missing both of these simultaneously D:
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

We have to work with what we have right now which isn't the best comp. Just trying to get some constructive input on which pet buff would be more beneficial.

Spell damage is going to provide a more significant increase in raid dps. Unless your healers are having issues keeping up that can't be solved some other way, definitely take the spell damage over haste.

Quote Originally Posted by cmuss19 View Post
    We have to work with what we have right now which isn't the best comp. Just trying to get some constructive input on which pet buff would be more beneficial.
    If you absolutely can't change your comp, I'd probably say spell haste would be more beneficial overall.

Unless you've got a Feral Druid (using HotW), Enhancement Shaman, Retribution Paladin, ANY Death Knight, or ANY Monk on your team (especially more than one), Spell Damage may be more beneficial, depending on which ones. ENH Shamans, Ret Paladins, and DKs use a ton of spell damage, while Monks don't as much. Feral Druids using HotW to turn into a Boomkin would greatly benefit from the extra 5%, but only during that 45s interval.

Again though, if your ranged team is composed only of Mages and Hunters, that's not too well balanced. Or, are you using 3 melee?
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Ehm may i come in and say Spell haste? Breakpoints becomes much easier to grab for all classes leaving more stats for other also important stats!

Quote Originally Posted by xXhizorSs View Post
    Ehm may i come in and say Spell haste? Breakpoints becomes much easier to grab for all classes leaving more stats for other also important stats!
    It kind of depends, seeing as how their ranged is purely Hunters and Mages. If one of said Mages are Fire, they could really use the extra 5% for the 3056 breakpoint. As Frost, it's just a base increase to their best stat. It won't affect their Hunters at all, and will only help the healers really.

Now if they're using, like, Warrior and Windwalker Monk, I'd say Haste is better because the Melee don't really get benefit from it.

Our makeup is:

Tanks
    Pally
    Dk

DPS
    Monk
    Warrior
    Mage x2
    Hunter

Heals
    Druid
    Disc Priest
    Shaman(Enhance offspec for 2 heal fights)

definitely haste in that comp, you have like two of the worst melee in terms of "damage done as spell damage." IF they were a ret and a DK, it'd go the other way around.