Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Huge Golden Eagle Snatches Toddler in Montreal

http://www.wjrr.com/pages/lynch.html?article=10650519

That is just crazy; I can't imagine if I was that parent in that moment.

This is the literal embodiment of what we call 'natural selection'.

Deleted
    I saw this earlier, I was told it had been proven to be a fake, apparently some French Canadian student made it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lostprophet12 View Post
    I saw this earlier, I was told it had been proven to be a fake, apparently some French Canadian student made it.
    Here's a link to the evidence that it's a fake, FWIW; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ebL_AMGX5k

There's a computer animation school in Montreal, and they have a final project that's basically "hoax the Internet", where they fake a video like this and release it for lulz. This is apparently one of their creations.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Here's a link to the evidence that it's a fake, FWIW; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ebL_AMGX5k

There's a computer animation school in Montreal, and they have a final project that's basically "hoax the Internet", where they fake a video like this and release it for lulz. This is apparently one of their creations.
    Kudos to him - it is very convincing (at least to me) from a viewing standpoint. Even with it being fake, I still enjoyed watching it and now I find it hilarious!

i know it's fake, but if an eagle really did grab a child like that it would probably rip him to shreds

when their talons clamp down, they clamp down completely via reflex. a co-worker had one latch onto his thigh as a kid and it nearly ripped his quad out and they couldn't make it let go. he was trying to help it and it freaked out and was trying to get away but even it couldn't let go of him for about 3 mins

in reality the kid would most likely die even from something like that

Fake, but plausible! There are legit videos of golden eagles grabbing up much larger prey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzzentch View Post
    honestly what happened in BC? it's like the 60's of WoW everything is in awful colours, shit doesn't make sense and i feel like i'm trippin bawls everytime i level an alt past 58...
    Shattarath is kinda pretty but outside is a technicolor nightmare that looks like someone tied horses to the contrast slider and fired a rifle

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lostprophet12 View Post
    This is true. The video is a fake made by students .

Worst. Cameraman. Ever. Also, if that's his kid, why on earth would he wait for the eagle to get THAT close to his kid, let alone, pick him up, and drop him, before bothering to run over to him?

On Topic: LOL. Poor kid. I can only imagine what they'll be thinking in the next few years should they remember that moment XD

Edit: It's fake? Why on earth is the cameraman so fucking terrible then? Man I hope he got an F if that was for a class. Also, it's pretty hard to get a toddler to cry on cue, and if they intentionally hurt/made a baby cry, they belong in a jail cell.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Why on earth is the cameraman so fucking terrible then?
    Emulating an actual random-joe-with-a-camcorder?

Worst. Cameraman. Ever. Also, if that's his kid, why on earth would he wait for the eagle to get THAT close to his kid, let alone, pick him up, and drop him, before bothering to run over to him?

On Topic: LOL. Poor kid. I can only imagine what they'll be thinking in the next few years should they remember that moment XD

Edit: It's fake? Why on earth is the cameraman so fucking terrible then? Man I hope he got an F if that was for a class. Also, it's pretty hard to get a toddler to cry on cue, and if they intentionally hurt/made a baby cry, they belong in a jail cell.

To emulate human error, to trick people.
    I'd say he got an A considering how hard you bite.

Quote Originally Posted by Discobeard View Post
    http://www.wjrr.com/pages/lynch.html?article=10650519

That is just crazy; I can't imagine if I was that parent in that moment.
    Grab your guns. They're coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, it's pretty hard to get a toddler to cry on cue, and if they intentionally hurt/made a baby cry, they belong in a jail cell.
    pretty much the truest part of that statement and one i agree with.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

and if they intentionally hurt/made a baby cry, they belong in a jail cell.
    Totally. I mean its not like jails are overflowing with people who commit actual crimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Discobeard View Post
    Huge Golden Eagle Snatches Toddler in Montreal
    Whether real or not, the moral of the story is "don't dress your kid to look like a squirrel."
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-12-19 at 10:39 PM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even though it's fake it's still funny :S

Wonder how many replies will tell us it's fake

Good post btw hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Wonder how many replies will tell us it's fake
    I hear it's fake.

Anyone else hear it's fake?

Rather well done though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it was faked, it is still possible however. Eagles take lambs and reindeer calf's all the time, a small child wouldn't be much of a problem.

this really did happen in the US a few decades ago iirc. but it dropped the kid shortly after.