Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lesser Charms from Pet Battles

I'm rather excited that this is a possibility. It's a bit weird, but more options for obtaining Lesser Charms would be great. I love the pet battle system, but haven't played with it as much as I'd like because it feels like a waste of time when there are dailies to do and valor to grind. This seems like a pretty elegant solution to both problems, and I hope they end up implementing it.

It looks really good as I quit doing dailys two weeks after launch and just do lfr, normal raids and some pet battles

I think this addition is interesting in that it indicates a possibility that coins might be added to lots of other activities in the future. They would probably put in a weekly coin earn cap along with the 10 overall cap. So you can pick and choose how you want to earn your coins. Pretty nice system that would be flexible in incorporating new gameplay features.

Pet battles are terrible lol. I'd rather do dailies.

It also says there is a "chance" to get lesser tokens so who knows what the rng is on this.

Deleted
    I would much rather see pet battle dailies giving valor and charms.

Quote Originally Posted by Algot View Post
    I would much rather see pet battle dailies giving valor and charms.
    Along with anything that currently give VP to give JP when you are capped for the week.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    I have no desire to do dailys or pet battles.

LFR & Raid bosses should give tokens, its what they are spent on after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I just see this as a subtle attempt to get us to do pet battles more. I don't understand why they don't just give them from dungeons or increase the amount from dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Honestly I just see this as a subtle attempt to get us to do pet battles more. I don't understand why they don't just give them from dungeons or increase the amount from dailies.

Problem I have is after getting exalted with all the rep in MOP im sitting on a pile of over 1600 lesser charms yet I can only spend 90 a week for 3 greater coins. A secondary use for lesser charms or converting 120 lessers to 4 greaters or something. Basic napkin math I have 18 weeks worth of turn ins.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodkins View Post

So you want bosses that you spend the charm on to replenish said charms? Na, that just doesn't make sense.

Personally i think the Pet Battles is Blizzard toeing the water about apply charms in other areas, it would be cool if they decided to attach them to professions (such as a daily craft this for a chance at 4-6 lesser charm) or fishing (catch a crate of charms, although this would be really easy target for botting). I love the pet battles and attaching coins to them would be be a welcome reward.

---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 04:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Problem I have is after getting exalted with all the rep in MOP im sitting on a pile of over 1600 lesser charms yet I can only spend 90 a week for 3 greater coins. A secondary use for lesser charms or converting 120 lessers to 4 greaters or something. Basic napkin math I have 18 weeks worth of turn ins.
    I do agree that we need more things to spend it on. Let it be cosmetic items or whatever, the coins pile up pretty quickly.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

than you would be double dipping on gear. so no. lesser charms must come from a place where you'll not get raid gear.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Which is precisely why they don't give tokens. If you do that, you might as well just give people a random chance to get additional loot from raidbosses.

Good. I haven't touched pet battles because I've been too busy (yay dailies ), I assume this means I'm not the only one in that position. I don't even care how pet battles plays, I'd much rather be doing that than more quests. Hope the droprate is high enough to make it worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    Good. I haven't touched pet battles because I've been too busy (yay dailies ), I assume this means I'm not the only one in that position. I don't even care how pet battles plays, I'd much rather be doing that than more quests. Hope the droprate is high enough to make it worth it.
    As long as its better than the pet stone drop rate it should be fine. I have received one since 5.1.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasblossom View Post
    Pet battles are terrible lol. I'd rather do dailies.

It also says there is a "chance" to get lesser tokens so who knows what the rng is on this.
    Why do you think it's terrible? It would be better if you actually gave a reason instead of just throwing out that it sucks. Personally I think pet battles are pretty fun. It surprisingly has a lot of depth. I'd also like if the battles gave valor points and all that as well, but I suppose lesser charms could be a step to valor in the future.

15+ Year Old Account
    As someone who is pretty hardcore into both pet battles and pet collecting, I welcome this addition. On top of the fact that I still do dailies (but not in such extremes as earlier in the expansion), this would be a nice addition to keep me plenty supplied with Lesser Charms while I still need particular drops.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Which is precisely why they don't give tokens. If you do that, you might as well just give people a random chance to get additional loot from raidbosses.
    secondary currency from bosses might not be so bad. If you are full clearing raids every week the only reason you do the dailies is for the coins, why not get the coins from raiding too? It would be no different than someone who is full clearing every week and doing dailies for coins.

The only difference is the source of where the coins come from. And if raiding gave coins in addition to dailies that doesn't change much since you can still only spend 90 a week, so having a surplus of coins is no advantage.

10+ Year Old Account
    secondary currency from bosses might not be so bad. If you are full clearing raids every week the only reason you do the dailies is for the coins, why not get the coins from raiding too? It would be no different than someone who is full clearing every week and doing dailies for coins.

The only difference is the source of where the coins come from. And if raiding gave coins in addition to dailies that doesn't change much since you can still only spend 90 a week, so having a surplus of coins is no advantage.
    My understanding is the point of the coins is to get people doing things other than just raiding and afking in cities. Hence why they are being added to pet battles. If they made it drop from raids, even if at a lower rate, that will immediately decrease the people doing dailies, which would lead to decrease in the people in the world. I doubt seriously we will ever see the raids rewarding coins, and I think most people are fine with that.

because blizz wants people to get more rewards for doing different things, not for doing the same thing more times.

that's why doing one dungeon and one scenario per day everyday is much more rewarding than doing many dungeons in a single day. because blizz is spreading rewards hoping to prevent burnout.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post
    My understanding is the point of the coins is to get people doing things other than just raiding and afking in cities. Hence why they are being added to pet battles. If they made it drop from raids, even if at a lower rate, that will immediately decrease the people doing dailies, which would lead to decrease in the people in the world. I doubt seriously we will ever see the raids rewarding coins, and I think most people are fine with that.
    Lots of people like dailies so they do them.
    Lots of people dont like dailies but do them because it's the only way to get coins.

Forcing people to do something because there is no alternative way isn't very good, so it is nice that pet battles are going to give coins (even if the drop chance may be extremely low)

But some people only like raiding just like some people only like to PVP, and that is all they do or want to do, they dont care or dont want to do any other aspects of the game, yet because the coins gives them an increased chance at loot so they can get raid upgrades they have to do stuff they would rather not do.

I doubt coin will come from raiding too, but it would be nice for those people out there who dont do dailies, dont do pet battles and only really raid.