Logitech G600 Mouse question

The way I imagine myself using the mouse, I'd have my thumb on one of the 12 small buttons on the left side, first finger on M1, middle finger on wheel, ring finger on M2 and pinky on that third button (?) on the right. Now, with that hand/finger positioning, is it easy to lift the mouse while playing? This is, for example, necessary when I continually turn to the same side ingame, which means I have to lift the mouse and place it in the middle of the mousepad again every now and then (or the mouse would fall of the mousepad).

First, isn't there a high chance of accidentally pressing one of the 12 buttons on the side when lifting the mouse? Second, is it actually easy to lift the mouse when the pinky isn't on the side of the mouse, but on top (because of that third mouse button)? I usually lift the mouse by "pincering" it with thumb and pinky on each side. Third, does anyone have any pros/cons regarding this mouse from personal experience, or can suggest another mouse they like with similar specifications (except Razer Naga)?

I'd use the mouse to play a variety of games like WoW, SC2 or CS:GO.

TL;DR: Is it easy to lift the mouse and center it again while playing? Would you recommend it, or another mouse?

15+ Year Old Account
    After using my Razer Naga for a while I developed a new lifting technique by pinching the mouse between my pinky and the base of my thumb instead of squeezing with the top of my thumb. I rarely accidently press any of the side buttons.

Deleted
    With my G600 i use my thumb for the 12 buttons, First finger for Left click + Wheel, Middle finger for Righ Click + Wheel, Ring finger for the Third Button, and pinky on the side for stabilization. I tried holding it like u said with pinky on the Third button, and it was fukin hard to lift the mouse without pressing anything
    But the way i hold works for me atleast. Holding it like i do, i cant really see any cons, i can lift the mouse really easy, never missclicked anything by lifting or such, can reach all buttons really easy without moving a finger to much.

Edit: I've used this mouse for some months now and i can highly recommend it, really comfortable, the best mouse ive bought so far.
    Last edited by mmoc23abb006d1; 2012-12-19 at 11:38 PM.

Thanks for your replies guys, they have certainly been helpful and I'm especially glad to hear that missclicks on the side buttons don't really happen.

Since I want to have my middle finger on the mouse wheel, there seems to be a lifting problem for me. I'll see if I can try the mouse out somewhere, but I think I'll look for another mouse.

One candidate I've just found before is the Corsair Vengeance M90 (which seems to be cheaper too), so if someone wants to share their experiences regarding this mouse, feel free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jitzu View Post
    With my G600 i use my thumb for the 12 buttons, First finger for Left click + Wheel, Middle finger for Righ Click + Wheel, Ring finger for the Third Button, and pinky on the side for stabilization. I tried holding it like u said with pinky on the Third button, and it was fukin hard to lift the mouse without pressing anything
    But the way i hold works for me atleast. Holding it like i do, i cant really see any cons, i can lift the mouse really easy, never missclicked anything by lifting or such, can reach all buttons really easy without moving a finger to much.

Edit: I've used this mouse for some months now and i can highly recommend it, really comfortable, the best mouse ive bought so far.
    Exactly this, I have small hands and I cant get my middle finger on the mouse wheel, I'd go as far to say with medium-large hands it will be impossible.. I can think of no good reason yo have a finger dedicated to the mouse wheel, myself, I keybind the 'click left / click right' on the wheel (like a joystick) to strafe, making mobility very easy, that combined with right click for camera adjustment means you shouldn't need to lift the mouse anyway..
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

10+ Year Old Account
    The only issue I have with mine comes when I use the G shift on the right (3rd button) It acts like a Ctrl modifier which I like, but when playing gw2 or even swtor, if i am moving around and turning with the mouse, when i push that along with one of the side buttons, it makes the cursor appear and i no longer can turn until i repush the rmb. I am fairly sure though this is a user error on my part It messes me up trying to turn quickly while firing an ability, end up running into bad things lol.

as far as picking it up goes, i keep my pinky on the side and have no issues with picking it up for recentering and hitting buttons on accident

The buttons can be re-bound, so the G-Shift does not have to be Ctrl.
    I also cannot see a reason for dedicating a finger to the wheel. If you insist on dedicating one, you're probably not going to be able to lift it without mis-clicks.
    I have been using the mouse for months as well, and gripping it with my thumb and pinky for movement and lift works wonderfully.
    The mouse isn't huge, though it is larger than some. Unless you have Tiny Hand Syndrome, using your index or middle finger for the wheel should be sufficient.

Quote Originally Posted by reckoner04 View Post
    One candidate I've just found before is the Corsair Vengeance M90 (which seems to be cheaper too), so if someone wants to share their experiences regarding this mouse, feel free.
    Love it! Best build quality of any mouse I've ever owned. Plenty of buttons although they take a little bit to get use to. It's a little small for my taste, but I can get by that one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taira View Post
    The buttons can be re-bound, so the G-Shift does not have to be Ctrl.
    I also cannot see a reason for dedicating a finger to the wheel. If you insist on dedicating one, you're probably not going to be able to lift it without mis-clicks.
    I have been using the mouse for months as well, and gripping it with my thumb and pinky for movement and lift works wonderfully.
    The mouse isn't huge, though it is larger than some. Unless you have Tiny Hand Syndrome, using your index or middle finger for the wheel should be sufficient.
    I seriously need to get into my software then and see about changing that around. I am horrid about accidentally clicking that one instead of the normal RMB and I usually bind a few things to that shift button and the numpad.

Quote Originally Posted by reckoner04 View Post

The way I imagine myself using the mouse, I'd have my thumb on one of the 12 small buttons on the left side, first finger on M1, middle finger on wheel, ring finger on M2 and pinky on that third button (?) on the right. Now, with that hand/finger positioning, is it easy to lift the mouse while playing? This is, for example, necessary when I continually turn to the same side ingame, which means I have to lift the mouse and place it in the middle of the mousepad again every now and then (or the mouse would fall of the mousepad).

First, isn't there a high chance of accidentally pressing one of the 12 buttons on the side when lifting the mouse? Second, is it actually easy to lift the mouse when the pinky isn't on the side of the mouse, but on top (because of that third mouse button)? I usually lift the mouse by "pincering" it with thumb and pinky on each side. Third, does anyone have any pros/cons regarding this mouse from personal experience, or can suggest another mouse they like with similar specifications (except Razer Naga)?

I'd use the mouse to play a variety of games like WoW, SC2 or CS:GO.

TL;DR: Is it easy to lift the mouse and center it again while playing? Would you recommend it, or another mouse?
    You don't lift High DPI mice, you adjust DPI

Your middle finger should ideally be on right click ring finger on Gshift making wheel accessible to 2 fingers index/middle depending on the situation that arises, its rare to wheel that often while doing many other tasks other than say fps where your aiming in swapping weapons and or grenade chucking inside of 2seconds

Great for WoW and SC2 absolutely insanely horrible for FPS, 1-2 extra side buttons sure but 12 no ty.

I can personally easily lift it w/ pinky thumb pinch, w/o hitting any side buttons but if im trying to clutch a kill in an fps I grip to tight and do hit buttons. It is a fairly heavy mouse but not for its size which is large, it is very very comfortable. Quality 10, flexability 4, and software 8.

---------- Post added 2012-12-21 at 05:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nixaler View Post
    I seriously need to get into my software then and see about changing that around. I am horrid about accidentally clicking that one instead of the normal RMB and I usually bind a few things to that shift button and the numpad.
    Yea its actually easier to get used to the G600 than a Naga but the software for Gshift and everything can be tedious to even learn. Gshift for me is a macro, btw bannable on PC Black ops 2...yea I was stat reset and 3 dayed for having Quick scope macroed into my Gshift....not even kidding, I'll still do it rofl but if people report you like I was(day 1 quickscoping) you can get banned. The pc port follows console rules, any "modded" device is against the tos, so be careful on what you do on what games. In wow I use gshift for running filler in pve and third blind in pvp. Now I just couldnt unlearn my keyboard binds so I have 40~ keybinds in use w/ every possible spell now, I love it for wow.