Thread: Trees in Wow

Trees in Wow

Is there a reason why the branches/leaves are all still 2D? Would it just take up too much room? (ie loading times, makes game overall run slow, etc)

I've been wondering this for a while but I have no knowledge of programming/game designing.

Quote Originally Posted by Antixmother View Post
    Is there a reason why the branches/leaves are all still 2D? Would it just take up too much room? (ie loading times, makes game overall run slow, etc)

I've been wondering this for a while but I have no knowledge of programming/game designing.
    That's just the way they grow in Azeroth. Why do you think the deer and other foraging animals are so pale and ornery looking?

Deleted
    To be honest I don't wonder that, I wonder why Feralas trees aren't on same quality with Ashenvale trees for example.

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    That's just the way they grow in Azeroth. Why do you think the deer and other foraging animals are so pale and ornery looking?
    That... makes sense. Poor dryads.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    To be honest I don't wonder that, I wonder why Feralas trees aren't on same quality with Ashenvale trees for example.
    Feralas is a far older forest, it's also in a wetter environment, and the trees are supposed to be much larger and not tended to as readily as ashenvale
    As for them being 2D instead of 3D, it's because forests would take forever to render, if they could at all, without a top of the line comp/graphics processor.

The easiest answer is that the game is 8-9 years old and to render scenery would probably break the game.