Page 38 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Rule#1661

- It must beat a Skorn

Anyway the most used DPS two hander is by far Skorn and are actually cheap; LS ones are still pricy; Skorn in general will rip through any two handed weapon without CD yada yada.

It's the just perfect like a manticore so in other words no It's not worth much.
    Not to mention it's a Sword and not an Axe/Mace. It's a huge kick in the DPS to give up that 10% CC, not to mention all the fury you won't be getting.
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

10+ Year Old Account
    Apart for the low DPS could this even sell? Fisrt "OK" item that has dropped for me on inferno... I cleared it out... RNG hates me

Also, is there an easier way to upload item images than cropping in paint :X

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Apart for the low DPS could this even sell? Fisrt "OK" item that has dropped for me on inferno... I cleared it out... RNG hates me

Also, is there an easier way to upload item images than cropping in paint :X
    Absolutely not :P here rule#1124 ( Random rules ftw )

1) Does it have a socket? No? Awful most likely
    2) Does it have CD? No? Awful most likely
    3) If it has CD LS Stats and a socket with shit damage = Barb OH

In short 3 things it must have to be viable - CD - High DPS unless It's a #3 - And finally the socket.

- The socket is literally the bread and butter of a weapon due to 100% CD or whatever type of emerald you put in.

10+ Year Old Account

In short 3 things it must have to be viable - CD - High DPS unless It's a #3 - And finally the socket.

- The socket is literally the bread and butter of a weapon due to 100% CD or whatever type of emerald you put in.
    Sad Belize is sad, I shall keep farming then

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Sad Belize is sad, I shall keep farming then
    Case in point. I have an almost 1k dps weapon with 150 dex, plenty of life steal, and a socket. Can't even get a million for it.

10+ Year Old Account

I am about 99% sure this is only mostly true.

The last point, the one about the Barb OffHand is no longer accurate after the nerf to Run Like the Wind. Offhand DPS DOES matter now since a lot more of our damage comes from Whirl Wind. Other than that, spot on :-P
    Last edited by Dave131; 2012-12-20 at 01:23 AM.
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

Quote Originally Posted by Dave131 View Post

The last point, the one about the Barb OffHand is no longer accurate after the nerf to Run Like the Wind. Offhand DPS DOES matter now since a lot more of our damage comes from Whirl Wind. Other than that, spot on :-P

They only netted theproc coefficient for run like the wind. Yes it causes less damage due to less cries but provided u can still generate enough fury through crits a off hand lower dps is still highly viable with the right stats

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Klein View Post
    They only netted theproc coefficient for run like the wind. Yes it causes less damage due to less cries but provided u can still generate enough fury through crits a off hand lower dps is still highly viable with the right stats
    Pre RLTW nerf, a WW Barb would basically just kite everything forever since their Tornados would keep them topped off in Fury. It was something like 90%(on average) of their DPS at that time because no one used WW most of the time due to not really needing to.

That doesn't work anymore. You HAVE to WW as a WW Barb. So Offhand weapon Damage DOES matter a lot more now.

Apathy is rich, he considers his 850dps bk sword low dps

Price check on 27% SoJ:

Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

10+ Year Old Account
    Not much considering it's Arcane Damage and Crippling Wave.

---------- Post added 2012-12-20 at 11:54 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Apathy is rich, he considers his 850dps bk sword low dps
    >_< Must be nice!! I was rich once for about 2-3 hours but then I spent all of it in one fell swoop.

Not much considering it's Arcane Damage and Crippling Wave.

---------- Post added 2012-12-20 at 11:54 AM ----------

>_< Must be nice!! I was rich once for about 2-3 hours but then I spent all of it in one fell swoop.
    The fact it's arcane damage is irrelevant, those kind of abilities don't increase your arcane damage by 6%, they give all your abilities 6% additional arcane damage, crippling wave is still meh tho.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    The fact it's arcane damage is irrelevant, those kind of abilities don't increase your arcane damage by 6%, they give all your abilities 6% additional arcane damage, crippling wave is still meh tho.
    Cold would still be better, I believe. Not sure if %cold would still slow monsters, though, never been rich enough for it to matter.

Deleted
    Cold damage does still snare monsters. I have it on my SoJ on my barb, while his weapons are holy damage, and stuff gets snared by whirlwinding through them.

As i've played mainly a monk since launch; have tried the other class's they aren't all that fun (except for my HC sorc), and I like crippling wave. Love the animation as a whole and it adds flavor to my play style, instead of the IAS FoT/WoHF that every one goes (WoHF is my 2nd fav.)

Deleted
    Crippling Wave with a two handed sword looks badass

Yeah, it's my favorite spirit generator as well but FoT is just so much better in every way possible.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

10+ Year Old Account
    That damage is negligible but the point is, everyone wants Cold Damage on their SOJs

10+ Year Old Account
    The discrepancy in prices between Stormshields appear to be caused by block chance. It seemed the ones being over 30% were worth a jump in price. I already threw it on the RMAH, but I wanted to know what it could potentially be worth.

I may have asked this before, but when it comes to these potentially 500k-2 million items, is it better to just put the buyout up, or leave it as a bid only? Reason I ask is because I always drastically undercut what I'm selling, and nothing still ever sells.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-12-23 at 06:16 AM.

Deleted
    Block chance is important, as in nobody will buy a Stormshield with less than 30% block, but I think the real difference in price comes down to whether it has 10% crit chance or not. An offhand with no crit is next to worthless, true of shields as it is of anything else.

I've found two stormshields like the one you linked, they won't sell for anything, so I kept the best one for myself and salvaged the other.