View Poll Results: Did you start playing around day 785?

Voters
140. This poll is closed
  • I started around that time

26 18.57%
  • I started way before

94 67.14%
  • I started way after

18 12.86%
  • Ive never played WoW

2 1.43%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Red face Playing from day 785

That's the launch of TBC a little over 3 years after the game first came out.

Who started playing since then?

Poll options are not sufficient IMO. I started mid-TBC, so none of "I started WAY after" or "around that time" fits me.

Also, I fail to see why the results of this post would be interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Because the OP wants to know. Nothing you posted was interesting or helpful in any way, you're just being picky for the sake of it.

Jan 2005

Started an Orc Warrior after I got home from the dentist. I was 14. I got stuck in the Valley of Trials for 2 hours, then my jaw dropped after I saw what was outside of it. Stared at the Raptors at Sen'jin Village for an hour. Remember getting excited to upgrade my gear with grey armor. I met a level 16 orc warrior with red shoulderpads (common lol), and he taught me about the existence of the auction house. I went and bought a level 15 axe and slew some Quillboar in the Barens. I remember being amazed how fast they died.

/wow story

"None of the above"

Mid Vanilla

Deleted
    i started early vanilla, i was a total noob huntard until BC though :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axehandle View Post
    a little over 3 years after
    365 days in a year. 730 days in two years. Day 785 would be two years and 55 days. Nowhere near three.

Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    Jan 2005

Started an Orc Warrior after I got home from the dentist. I was 14. I got stuck in the Valley of Trials for 2 hours, then my jaw dropped after I saw what was outside of it. Stared at the Raptors at Sen'jin Village for an hour. Remember getting excited to upgrade my gear with grey armor. I met a level 16 orc warrior with red shoulderpads (common lol), and he taught me about the existence of the auction house. I went and bought a level 15 axe and slew some Quillboar in the Barens. I remember being amazed how fast they died.

/wow story
    If we're gonna tell WoW stories... I remember being stuck in Valley of Trials as well. Went behind it off those cliffs into the water and swam up to ratchet where some level 30's were fishing and asked them how to back to where I was. They instructed me to use my hearth stone. After that, had the time of my life playing Vanillas and leveling.

Started in June of 04 with Beta testings.

Started around mid Vanilla on my original account. I chose "Way Before" since technically 18 months is WAY before the launch of TBC.

I started early TBC, my first char was a blood elf paladin that reached level 18. After that my brother (who was already 70) pulled me over to the Alliance and my dear gnome warlock!

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Started just after the AQ race came to a close.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JhanZ View Post
    Jan 2005

/wow story
    You just made me remember my first char, a tauren male druid in March 05. He fought plainstriders bravely but nevertheless, died to the 5th one and then I logged out never to touch a druid until TBC again (which up to this day has remained my main).
    After that I started a priest: remember dying so much from the guys at the pumpkin fields I was about to give up. But after I finally managed to gather a full stack of linen cloth that I sold to another guy for 3 silver (the vendor price for a full stack is / was 2 silver, lol) I felt happy and proceeded to level 60, getting my first mount at 48 because I failed at using the AH properly. Ahh...nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Akoroth View Post
    "None of the above"

Mid Vanilla
    Mid vanilla was like a full year or more before TBC so I'd call that "way before."

I guess your definition of way before must be much longer time period than mine.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    started shortly after release in 2004. tauren warrior that i leveled to 30, switched to an orc warlock and stayed that way up until wotlk where i played both the lock and a dk until mid way thru cata when i stopped playing =(

Vanilla felt like it lasted so much longer than the previous expansions, even though it was only like half a year longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Started 30th of march 2007. Tauren Hunter.

First memory is probably when I ran around with completely red gear (i.e 0% durability) until a friend laughed at me and told me to repair my gear.
    Also the first time I found a rare mob. A green elite dragon in Swamp of Sorrows. He felt so special somehow. Died when I tried to kill him and never saw him again.

I started play the day before 40-man Naxx was added.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

I played Vanilla on my brothers account but I got my own in the summer of 2007 so 7 months after TBC launch.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axehandle View Post
    Mid vanilla was like a full year or more before TBC so I'd call that "way before."

I guess your definition of way before must be much longer time period than mine.
    Some consider way before to be 2004.
    Personally I'd say if you joined before BC was revealed, you're way before.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)