Deleted

Monitor not showing anything

Ok so my problem is that my monitor won't show anything when i connect it with VGA cable to my new computer. i know that monitor works , cable works and everything with that computer is ok.

Monitor only works when i change in Boot menu display to IGFX.

As i said it is new computer so maybe i need some drivers or is the problem my radeon HD 7770?

Please if you had this probelm or just know how to fix it replay.

Did you plug in the power connector to the card?

I took the liberty to change the thread title to "not" instead of "now".

What is your motherboard? I suspect it's an intel H61/H67/H77/Z68/Z75/Z77, or perhaps H55?
    Where did you plug your monitor in? In your graphics card or your motherboard?

And which particular HD7770 do you have? If you are trying to go through VGA, make sure the DVI-connector you try to connect the adapter with is a DVI-I and not a DVI-D port. (should say in your manual)

Have you made sure it's seated properly in your motherboard? Does the fan spin up? Does your motherboard make a POST-sound? Did you connect the power cables to the graphics card?

Deleted
    My Motherboard is gigabyte ga-h61m-s2pv.
    GPU is HD7770 1GB GV-R777OC-1GD
    Monitor is connected to motherboard with VGA cable.
    I can also connect my pc to tv with HDMI without changing anything in BIOS menu.

Oh... so you don't actually plug it in to the video card? That's the problem. You can't plug it into the Mobo and run it from the video card. You need a dvi cable or dvi to vga converter.

Deleted
    wait how do i know if it plugs into a video card or motherboard? I have 1 vga , 1 dvi and 1 hdmi port.

The video card would be down in the PCI slots. Mobo connections are above it... all the sound and usb connections, etc.

I googled the vid card you posted and it doesn't seem to have a vga port. Only DVI and HDMI and DP

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...px?pid=4133#ov

Whenever you put a video card into a computer the mobo automatically disables the onboard video ports. The ports you want to connect to are those that are on the back of the video card itself (the ones that The Cat mentioned above).
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cat View Post
    The video card would be down in the PCI slots. Mobo connections are above it... all the sound and usb connections, etc.

I googled the vid card you posted and it doesn't seem to have a vga port. Only DVI and HDMI and DP

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...px?pid=4133#ov
    Hey thank you very much. I didn't know that my video card didn't have vga ports. Now i only need to get Dvi cable and it will work.