Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Valort View Post
    snip
    *whoosowooosh*

That's the sound of the point flying over your head. Twice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    The only people raging are people that will rage about any of it and people that will argue with those people all day long, so how about we stick to topic instead of derailing things.
    Yep, there's nothing to discuss when reasonable arguments are only met with a wall of holier than thou attitude and anectodotal evidence that avoids the topic completely.

Happy holidays fellas, may ANet recoginze you for your blind white knighting on a rarely visited subforum of a WoW fansite!
    Last edited by Drakhar; 2012-12-20 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Eh...not a slam on A.Net specifically, but this is kind of why I don't mind paying sub fees as much as I used to. Even though I know I end up paying more at the end, I can just hop into any content that's released or exists without worry. I don't have to look at every content push with a skeptical eye thinking, "Oh, so how much of this is less content and more money grab?"
    The sky is falling, you have to spend some in-game gold for mini pets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Eh...not a slam on A.Net specifically, but this is kind of why I don't mind paying sub fees as much as I used to. Even though I know I end up paying more at the end, I can just hop into any content that's released or exists without worry. I don't have to look at every content push with a skeptical eye thinking, "Oh, so how much of this is less content and more money grab?"
    Really? That's exactly why I quit paying subscriptions. You pay $15 a month for 'server access', when content is released it's not anything I ever participate in (read: raid encounters), but any new vanity items that I would love to have? Oh, those I have to pay extra for in the cash shop in addition to my monthly subscription. Awesome.

Needless to say, I'm fine (so far) with how the gem store functions. Then again, thanks to other P2P MMOs where it's literally impossible to be a collector without continuously shelling money out of your ass I've been cured of needing to have everything. I feel for the completionists out there, but let's face it vanity is always where companies are going to stick it to you first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    The sky is falling, you have to spend some in-game gold for mini pets.

This is a feature I absolutely love about GW2 - that I can use ingame gold to purchase vanity items.

Never felt right to me how a game can charge a sub fee AND cash for vanity pets or mounts.
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    *whoosowooosh*

That's the sound of the point flying over your head. Twice.

Yep, there's nothing to discuss when reasonable arguments are only met with a wall of holier than thou attitude and anectodotal evidence that avoids the topic completely.

Happy holidays fellas, may ANet recoginze you for your blind white knighting on a rarely visited subforum of a WoW fansite!
    While your argument, in its own right, isn't false, it isn't backed up by the general consensus surrounding vanity items in MMOs.
    When you look at the general consensus about vanity items, you will see that the concept of selling those items is accepted both by the companies developing MMOs and the community playing MMOs.
    I remember threads of when the cashshop in GW2 was first announced, where absolutely no one was against selling vanity items in the cashshop.

When placed in this context, Anet is actually slightly more generous than most other MMOs.
    GW2 gives you two (or more) vanity items for free, where other MMOs would have probably sold them all for a profit.
    They could've just given us the frames and made us buy all the other components with gems to maximize profit.
    Yet, they didn't, proving (at least to me) that they aren't trying to swindle us out of our money.

As a closer, I also have a request for you:
    Could you please stop calling people that disagree with you "white knights".
    It's a terrible argument and slightly offensive to the people you use it on.
    Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, even if you don't agree with that opinion and calling them "white knights" will only make them lose respect for you.

I'm saying this for your own good.
    If you keep on treating fellow posters this way, they will eventually stop listening to you and put you on ignore.
    If that happens, they will probably never take you serious anymore, not even when you're absolutely 100% right.
    It's your call what you do with this advice.

That's why I left TOR when it went "F"2P, because I just have to look with a cynical eye and think "yeah, they're screwing me".

By contrast, WoW left me wondering why I bothered paying for content I didn't like anyway, and then having to earn the right (via gear score) to be able to do content that they DID deign to release.

GW2 is my balance, I can do whatever I want without worrying, and can also get extras when I feel like it. (Fine, I broke down and got the winter outfit for my mesmer, but humans have ugly outfits!)

If I was going to complain, it's in two ways:
    1) The $10 brackets for buying gems (if I buy the toy soldier, I need to spend $10 for 800 gems to use 350 of them)
    2) The random packs don't seem to have a good chance of fun stuff, and most of the other boosts are just not FUN for me.

Since we are talking about the cash shop, GW2's is rather weak to be honest. There is nothing there to compel me to buy it.

Now if town clothes worked like the costumes did in GW1, I'd probably be broke (assuming they had a lot more selection in their shop).

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Since we are talking about the cash shop, GW2's is rather weak to be honest. There is nothing there to compel me to buy it.

Now if town clothes worked like the costumes did in GW1, I'd probably be broke (assuming they had a lot more selection in their shop).
    Couldn't agree with post more.

Was hugely disappointed in the cosmetic & vanity options of GW2. I was expecting far more robust wardrobe system as well. But its like... terrible. One of the worst in modern era MMOs, IMO.

That's really my biggest gripe with GW2-- for a game that encourages vanity chasing the options available are awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Couldn't agree with post more.

Was hugely disappointed in the cosmetic & vanity options of GW2. I was expecting far more robust wardrobe system as well. But its like... terrible. One of the worst in modern era MMOs, IMO.

That's really my biggest gripe with GW2-- for a game that encourages vanity chasing the options available are awful.
    It was odd to me that the minipets were as cheap as they are on the trading post, and in the cash shop there's just a random thing. Same with Dyes. I don't care for the random packs. (edit: I mean "normal" pets, rather than the christmas ones we've been talking about).

I'd like more city clothes options whether gem based or in game gold/karma based, the selection just isn't a selection.