Deleted

Gaming PC for Older brother, budget of 1000 Euros

Greetings MMO-Champion computer experts,

I'm going to build my brother a gaming computer and I got a budget of 1000 euros (If I get over that it becomes debatable)

His main concerns are:
    -Must be able to run newly released games on maximum settings
    -The closer it gets to 1000 the longer it's parts should stay relevant

I was thinking about basing his build around my own, the only problem is I generaly play older games, I can play SWTOR, WoW, Battlefield 3 and C&C games on maximum with well over 60 FPS but I was wondering if it would work for newer released games as well. (I don't have the entire list of my build available at the moment, am at work, but I'll gladly send the entire list as soon as I get home)

My build(List will be updated):
    Graphic Card: Twin Frozr II N560 GTX-TI (I'm thinking if getting a Twin Frozr III for my brother might be better)

PS: He's very interested in getting a SSD over a HDD, I still use a HDD because of budget problems at the time of building my current PC, since I have no actual experience with SSDs I was wondering if anyone could give some tips and tricks?

Yours faithfully,

Gnasnimadan

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($169.99 @ Microcenter)
    Motherboard: ASRock Z77 Extreme4 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($129.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Memory: Corsair XMS 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($59.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Crucial M4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($99.99 @ B&H)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition 3GB Video Card ($424.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.49 @ SuperBiiz)
    Power Supply: PC Power & Cooling Silencer MK III 600W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V Power Supply ($79.33 @ NCIX US)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On IHAS324-98 DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
    Total: $1028.75
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-12-15 08:12 EST-0500)

Deleted
    @OP Which country is this? And do you have any preference as to where you're buy from?

Deleted
    I am from the Netherlands, I have no preference of where I purchase my goods, except for maybe from the EU then due to taxes and such

Deleted
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor (£165.14 @ Amazon UK)
    CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U9B SE2 37.9 CFM CPU Cooler (£37.49 @ Amazon UK)
    Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G45 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard (£80.95 @ Amazon UK)
    Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (£32.25 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Crucial M4 128GB 2.5" Solid State Disk (£76.10 @ Amazon UK)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£57.96 @ Amazon UK)
    Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB Video Card (£222.44 @ Amazon UK)
    Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi Tower ATX Mid Tower Case (£68.95 @ Amazon UK)
    Power Supply: SeaSonic 520W 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply (£66.91 @ Amazon UK)
    Optical Drive: Sony AD-7280S-0B DVD/CD Writer (£17.10 @ Amazon UK)
    Total: £825.29
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
    (Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-12-21 00:06 GMT+0000)

This is all through Amazon.uk, if you can find similar components through http://www.alternate.nl/html/index.html http://afuture.nl/ that will work too of course.

As a resident of NL, you could go with www.hardwareversand.de, 1-3 days shipping to NL with 30 euros postage only.

Deleted
    He could also use one of the linked Dutch sites. I also have a good experience with Amazon.co.uk as well as Amazon.com.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirv3s View Post
    As a resident of NL, you could go with www.hardwareversand.de, 1-3 days shipping to NL with 30 euros postage only.

would go for everything in that build except the SSD or the cpu cooler.
    for ssd i would pick a vertex 4 and cooler either a evo 212+ or higher end coolers wether or not your brother is into overclocking. (nh-14 or h100i)

Deleted
    Thanks for all the help guys, both lists look very promising, I'll check the prices for local shops and otherwise order the parts :P and thanks for the tips shroudster.
    Last edited by mmocf1858d9362; 2012-12-21 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    would go for everything in that build except the SSD or the cpu cooler.
    for ssd i would pick a vertex 4 and cooler either a evo 212+ or higher end coolers wether or not your brother is into overclocking. (nh-14 or h100i)
    Why would you go for Vertex 4 over Samsung 840?

What's the logic in the CPU-cooler..? There is simply no point in wasting 75 euros for CPU-cooler unless you mention to aim for overclocking, other than that, HR-02 is a great price/performance CPU-cooler and provides stable environment to OC some day.

Deleted
    Why would you go for Vertex 4 over Samsung 840?

What's the logic in the CPU-cooler..? There is simply no point in wasting 75 euros for CPU-cooler unless you mention to aim for overclocking, other than that, HR-02 is a great price/performance CPU-cooler and provides stable environment to OC some day.
    do note i said a evo 212 cooler or a high end one depending on the needs for oc'ing. (the 212 is what +-$25? makes for better temps and allows for easy average oc'ing)
    also 840 series (the non pro ones) are cheaped out versions of the 830's which were average in my eyes at best. (worse speeds being a primary aspect)
    the HR-02 macho cooler is a cooler that strikes a out of the budget pricetag while not being much better.
    840's use worse parts and are claimed to be better hence i'd say it is a way better choice to get a vertex 4. (of the 840's only the pro versions are better/on par with 830's)

830's which were average in my eyes at best.
    The fastest, best price/performance, and the most reliable (least amount of BSODs) SSDs are average in your opinion?

Deleted
    The fastest, best price/performance, and the most reliable (least amount of BSODs) SSDs are average in your opinion?
    only reliable is true of the aspects you listed.....
    even so i trust intel more in regards for being reliable compared to samsung.

Deleted
    also 840 series (the non pro ones) are cheaped out versions of the 830's which were average in my eyes at best. (worse speeds being a primary aspect)
    Having good reliability is a big plus when it comes to HDD/SSD. Not that many people will care that their SSD benched a little better when in reality for the average users this means little to nothing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Having good reliability is a big plus when it comes to HDD/SSD. Not that many people will care that their SSD benched a little better when in reality for the average users this means little to nothing.
    but it becomes a moot point when other ssd's reach the 10 year of intensive daily usage but are better in other aspects........ (or is anyone planning on giving their 830's to their grand children? xD)

Deleted
    Samsung 830 isn't that much older than the Vertex 4 and they (M4 and 830) is still quite good/fine for what the average user is looking for. With bigger workloads yes there are other SSD's performing better.