Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So this is happening a lot for me. Satchel of Exotic Mysteries.

Just took a screenshot of it ingame: http://i.imgur.com/oZBgX.jpg

Since 5.1 I've started noticing this happening quite a few times to me. I sign up during Satchel bonus, it's gone when Invite pops up (Usually seconds after). I've even signed up during a Satchel bonus, had it show on invite - but didn't recieve on dungeon completion.

This is on EU. Is this happening on US aswell? Anyone heard of this being a bug or intentional?

I've had the same thing happen multiple times on both my druid and my paladin. It is quite annoying. This is on US servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if it told you, you would get a satchel when you joined and you didn't, then it sounds like a bug. I would notify Blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

Deleted
    yes same to me..

Deleted
    It happened to me few times aswell, but tbh I always got the bag, even if it wasnt stated in rewards.

It's not only on EU. My healer more than once got that. Queued with bonus. Minutes later I'm called without the satchel. In fact minutes later if I open the queue window, it already shows I won't get the reward, because it ended while I was waiting.

Suffice to say I stop bothering with the satchel. I only join the dungeon finder if I'm after the Valor. If there is a lack of tanks and healers They shouldn't count on me to help.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had the same thing happen, Qd up with the bag present only to complete the dungeon with no reward.(US server)

On the opposite side of the coin, a few times since the expack went live I've Qd for a dungeon
    with no satchel reward, only to receive one at the end of the instance. (possibly related?)
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

Was happening to me on Tuesday. Sometimes I got them and sometimes I did not. So I just called it a day and haven't ran any heroics the rest of the week. I only run them when I can tank and get satchels (though I have never got a satchel with anything worth a crap lol ).

10+ Year Old Account
    I have this happen so many times..
    It's really quite annoying.

what you describe is quite common, though not to the extent that you say you don't get a satchel upon completing the dungeon when it was stated in the inv window that you would get a satchel. that part has never happend to me and i do dungeons with my alt tank all the time just for the satchels, if that was the case, then i would report it as a bug.

not getting a satchel on inv while signing up while it states satchel in the LFD window, however, is quite common due to the system seems to take a snapshot of the current needs of the system at the exact time you open the LFD window, only updating again once you close and reopen the window, i've had several cases where i would not get a satchel icon on invite while it was shown in the LFD window, i assume it's because i was slow on signing up and the system needs was already stabilized.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by S Blieft View Post
    I've had the same thing happen, Qd up with the bag present only to complete the dungeon with no reward.(US server)

On the opposite side of the coin, a few times since the expack went live I've Qd for a dungeon
    with no satchel reward, only to receive one at the end of the instance. (possibly related?)
    Oh yeah, at the start of the xpac I ALWAYS got a satchel from heroics. Never said I'd get one from the LFD screen, I just got one upon completion.

Deleted
    It was working like that since those satchels were added. Bonuses on LFD page update only when you open LFD page, not in real time. When you have opened LFD page satchel was available, but when you clicked button to queue it was no longer available.

Always check for satchel in rewards list when queue pops up. If its not there, you won't receive it.

I had the opposite happen to me, qued up for vp and got a satchel even tho it said i would not.

The call to arms bonus is only applied when there is a lack of a certain role. If the need for that role becomes less then CTA ends and the bonus is no longer awarded. What is happening is that the call to arms is deactivating/activating when you're in the queue or even in the dungeon.

The game doesn't decide whether or not to give you the satchel until you complete the instance, so it doesn't matter if the CTA is active or not when you sign up, what matters is if it's active when you reach the end.

Sorry, Netherspark, but you're wrong. Whether you get the satchel or not is decided when you click the button to enter the dungeon. Binki has it spot on. Always check your rewards for the satchel icon before you accept.

Weird. I ONLY queue for satchels and I have never NOT received my satchel. If it shows a satchel will be rewarded when I first hit queue, and then when the group is ready box pops up and doesn't show a satchel, I will still receive a satchel. This happens a lot where it shows the reward is being offered when I first open the LFD window but once the group is ready it no longer shows that there will be a reward, I get it anyways...

What I'm trying to say is, you SHOULD be getting the satchel as long as you are queuing while it shows a satchel, regardless of whether it shows when you accept the invite or not.
    Last edited by Kagonos; 2012-12-21 at 05:59 PM. Reason: spelling
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    The call to arms bonus is only applied when there is a lack of a certain role. If the need for that role becomes less then CTA ends and the bonus is no longer awarded. What is happening is that the call to arms is deactivating/activating when you're in the queue or even in the dungeon.

The game doesn't decide whether or not to give you the satchel until you complete the instance, so it doesn't matter if the CTA is active or not when you sign up, what matters is if it's active when you reach the end.
    This is correct. I queued up as a tank and there was no CTA at that moment or when the queue popped, but I still got a Satchel at the end of the run.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Happens a lot when tanking on my Brewmaster. Almost all of the time I end up getting one in the end anyways, though, if it's any consolation.

Just from reading responses it sounds like the game is determining whether a satchel goes out based on if CTA is active at the end of the instance rather than the start. Maybe intended, maybe not, but probably easy enough to fix.
    ☭Politics Understander and Haver of Good Takes☭Posting Is A Human Right☭
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    If I was in his boots (and forced to join the SS in 1939 or whenever he joined), I would have tried to liberate the camp myself or die trying. He did not. He traded his life for the life of thousands of people, thus he should face the consequences
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Priestiality View Post
    Just from reading responses it sounds like the game is determining whether a satchel goes out based on if CTA is active at the end of the instance rather than the start. Maybe intended, maybe not, but probably easy enough to fix.
    If it's intended then it's a terrible design and functions more like a lottery system than any actual incentive to queue.
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.