Page 35 of 74 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Blizzard's stance on the subject would say otherwise, as seen in the post quoted in the OP. Which is all that really matters.
    Blizzards policy stance doesn't matter either.

This is the same as the "we said you'd be in beta the first week" thing. yeah, if you want to play legal beagle and wodrsmith then you can point to policy all day long.

Fact is though, the playerbase don't give a shit about that stuff, they go off practice and how the game is for them every time they log on. This thread exists because CRZ is a massive change to world pvp, and one that is obviously in practice against the basic idea of having a pvp server.

---------- Post added 2012-12-21 at 02:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by slozon View Post
    Halaa, wintergrasp, tol barad, All of those prove you wrong. They all involved world pvp. This is the first expansion we don't have an entire zone dedicated to pvp.
    All those prove my right. Mssively incentivised semi instanced pvp zones and they were fricking ghost towns most of the time.

But that's now what I asked you to do - I said go to the pvp forums and ask them if world pvp was dead pre CRZ. World pvp was obviously dead as a doornail and I can't believe you are even trying to say otherwise. theres even people saying it in this thread. lol

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post

This is the same as the "we said you'd be in beta the first week" thing. yeah, if you want to play legal beagle and wodrsmith then you can point to policy all day long.

Fact is though, the playerbase don't give a shit about that stuff, they go off practice and how the game is for them every time they log on. This thread exists because CRZ is a massive change to world pvp, and one that is obviously in practice against the basic idea of having a pvp server.

---------- Post added 2012-12-21 at 02:51 PM ----------

All those prove my right. Mssively incentivised semi instanced pvp zones and they were fricking ghost towns most of the time.

But that's now what I asked you to do - I said go to the pvp forums and ask them if world pvp was dead pre CRZ. World pvp was obviously dead as a doornail and I can't believe you are even trying to say otherwise. theres even people saying it in this thread. lol
    I asked you to provide a link proving it's dead first. When you provide said link I will make the post.

Deleted
    I asked you to provide a link proving it's dead first. When you provide said link I will make the post.
    Why not just read some of the comments on thsi thread saying it was.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why not just read some of the comments on thsi thread saying it was.

Because there are also comments saying it isn't?

Why can't you back up your claims?

Deleted
    Because there are also comments saying it isn't?
    Wrong tense.
    Why can't you back up your claims?
    I already have.

Blizzard's Terms of Use states that they can do things however they like. If they wish to actually follow their own policies and make the game what it was always intended to be, they can do so. If people don't like that, they can leave. And by the Burning freaking Legion, I wish they'd do so. The whining gets old really fast.

Deleted
    Blizzard's Terms of Use states that they can do things however they like. If they wish to actually follow their own policies and make the game what it was always intended to be, they can do so. If people don't like that, they can leave. And by the Burning freaking Legion, I wish they'd do so. The whining gets old really fast.
    Bercause blizzard can do whatever they like, the only thing that matters is what usually goes happens.

A restaraunt with a blank menu which serves pie every day will have customers expecting pie. Changing to fish will confuse them - and pointing at ablank menu is no defence against this. If anything, its their own bloody fault for not defining what they mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    What people HAD (for 7 years) and what it changed to is far different. Thats the crux of this matter and you keep evading or ignoring. Policies matter little if the experience of all players is vastly different for 7 years. Now that CRZ is in, you expect people to pay or reroll to get back to the same gaming experience they enjoyed for 7 years? Thats disingeuous.
    Bullcrap. PVP servers were not devoid of pvp for 7 years. Sure, things have floated away from the no-flying-mounts, mostly non-epic mounts, all-same server people running around NOT in instances thing, but PVP servers were always there for the express purpose of giving a more no-holds-barred type of Horde vs. Alliance thing.

People got caught with their pants down. Now they're crying. *Shrug.*

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    CRZ has rekindled my love for leveling an alt. That's why I take exception to people saying "CRZ has ruined PvP servers", or "it's impossible to level an alt". Those aren't true. It may be that you don't enjoy it, due to the constant threat. I can totally understand that. It's not a "bad thing" to not like the PvP server experience. It's just that there are PvE servers out there, designed to cater to your preferences. And, seeing as those servers exist, and there are plenty of people who really do like PvP servers exactly as they now are (and for the most part once were, at least in ethos and expression), I don't think it's beyond the pale to ask that you play on the server type you enjoy, rather than trying to ruin the PvP experience for those of us who do, actually, enjoy it for what it is.
    And I don't think it's beyond the pale for Blizzard to acknowledge that what the people having issues with the CRZ PVP experience on a PVP realm (regardless of it's stated or implied intent per the policy) is because it's not what they have been accustomed to. I play on a PVP realm - in fact, every character across 2 accounts are on PVP realms - I don't have issues with it. I do have issues with people that cry "reroll PVE" or "pay to transfer your character(s) to a PVE realm". People become committed to a character or characters. Blizzard needs to recognize that the experience THEY provided on PVP realms over the last two expansions is not consistent with their stated intent of a PVP realm and what PVP realms have returned to. They should provide a means for people to move characters off for free or at reduced cost for multiple characters.
    Last edited by Junkdepot; 2012-12-21 at 03:28 PM.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Someone needs to take away your keyboard until you're better able to read the explicit meaning in sentences without implying whatever you want in order to be contrary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's like swatting flies with a shotgun.

Bercause blizzard can do whatever they like, the only thing that matters is what usually goes happens.

A restaraunt with a blank menu which serves pie every day will have customers expecting pie. Changing to fish will confuse them - and pointing at ablank menu is no defence against this. If anything, its their own bloody fault for not defining what they mean.
    Your analogy only works if the blank menu comes with a statement that they can serve any kind of food that they'd like to.

Deleted
    Your analogy only works if the blank menu comes with a statement that they can serve any kind of food that they'd like to.
    And in this case, it does.

Blizzard say they can provide more or less anything. So... what people expect is more of what they just had.

How could it possibly be any other way?

And in this case, it does.

Blizzard say they can provide more or less anything. So... what people expect is more of what they just had.

How could it possibly be any other way?
    Which wasn't an MMO experience.

I wish they would finally just offer a discounted transfer price for pantywaists to gtfo of PvP realms and all the QQ would finally be done.

Deleted
    Which wasn't an MMO experience.
    Which blizzard doesn't have to provide.

You don't get to pick and choose here. If you are up for the ToS meaning anything is changable, then anything is changable.

If you are up for the ToS meaning anything is changable, then anything is changable.
    I wish you luck in trying to change something that was in place for 8 years and updated just 4 months ago.

Blizzard's Player vs Player Server Policy Updated: Aug 16, 2012

It's a shame whiners just don't get the hint and reroll on a PvE realm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastmasterGuardian View Post
    I wish you luck in trying to change something that was in place for 8 years and updated just 4 months ago.

Blizzard's Player vs Player Server Policy Updated: Aug 16, 2012

It's a shame whiners just don't get the hint and reroll on a PvE realm.
    I understand there is no chance of changing anything and I've no problem with pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Junkdepot View Post
    And I don't think it's beyond the pale for Blizzard to acknowledge that what the people having issues with the CRZ PVP experience on a PVP realm (regardless of it's stated or implied intent per the policy) is not what they have been accustomed to. I play on a PVP realm - in fact, every character across 2 accounts are on PVP realms - I don't have issues with it. I do have issues with people that cry "reroll PVE" or "pay to transfer your character(s) to a PVE realm". People become committed to a character or characters. Blizzard needs to recognize that the experience THEY provided on PVP realms over the last two expansions is not consistent with their stated intent of a PVP realm and what PVP realms have returned to. They should provide a means for people to move characters off for free or at reduced cost for multiple characters.
    They've recognized all that. Over the past years, they have;
    1> Allowed for transfers between server types, rather than locking you to whichever server type you rolled on
    2> Added a great deal of account-bound data, such as mounts and titles, in the event of a re-roll.
    3> Added and expanded on heirlooms, to greatly accelerate the leveling of new alts (particularly if you take your heirlooms on a single character you transfer to a new server).

Etc.

They already have a free option; reroll on a PvE server and start over, with your account-bound achievements and mounts and such intact. They also have a paid option, allowing you to pay a reasonable fee to transfer a character with their progression and gear intact. You can even transfer a guild this way, for slightly more of an investment.

I don't see why they should be obligated to provide a free transfer option for changes that are still within the stated policy of a PvP realm. If they'd changed the policy and allowed for a significant change in the experience as a result, sure, I'd see an argument to be made there; you signed on to a realm based on the ruleset it uses, and if they change that ruleset, it could be argued they should offer you a way out rather than locking you in to the new ruleset without opting in. But that's not what's happening, here. There's nothing about the CRZ changes that in any way contradict the rules the policy sets out.

As for why this is a big deal; people don't like changes. That's why, with pretty much any change Blizzard makes to the game, you'll see threads on the forums saying it's the worst thing since Hitler and Stalin's lovechild invented dubstep. If we were to suggest that THIS change necessitated a free transfer because it results in something a player doesn't like, you'd extend that same argument to other changes, as well. They nerfed your class and you don't enjoy it any more? Give everyone of that class a free class change! They add the new race models they're working on and you hate your new model? Free race changes!

The issue here is that the changes CRZ wrought don't in any way contradict the stated policies. While they do change the game experience, so do most other changes Blizzard makes to the game. If you were to argue that Blizzard should offer a free way out here, I can't see how you couldn't extend that argument to basically every other major change Blizzard makes. That isn't how they've ever responded to these kinds of changes before, and I don't see why the addition of CRZ would be any different.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    They've recognized all that. Over the past years, they have;
    1> Allowed for transfers between server types, rather than locking you to whichever server type you rolled on
    2> Added a great deal of account-bound data, such as mounts and titles, in the event of a re-roll.
    3> Added and expanded on heirlooms, to greatly accelerate the leveling of new alts (particularly if you take your heirlooms on a single character you transfer to a new server).

Etc.

They already have a free option; reroll on a PvE server and start over, with your account-bound achievements and mounts and such intact. They also have a paid option, allowing you to pay a reasonable fee to transfer a character with their progression and gear intact. You can even transfer a guild this way, for slightly more of an investment.

I don't see why they should be obligated to provide a free transfer option for changes that are still within the stated policy of a PvP realm. If they'd changed the policy and allowed for a significant change in the experience as a result, sure, I'd see an argument to be made there; you signed on to a realm based on the ruleset it uses, and if they change that ruleset, it could be argued they should offer you a way out rather than locking you in to the new ruleset without opting in. But that's not what's happening, here. There's nothing about the CRZ changes that in any way contradict the rules the policy sets out.

As for why this is a big deal; people don't like changes. That's why, with pretty much any change Blizzard makes to the game, you'll see threads on the forums saying it's the worst thing since Hitler and Stalin's lovechild invented dubstep. If we were to suggest that THIS change necessitated a free transfer because it results in something a player doesn't like, you'd extend that same argument to other changes, as well. They nerfed your class and you don't enjoy it any more? Give everyone of that class a free class change! They add the new race models they're working on and you hate your new model? Free race changes!

The issue here is that the changes CRZ wrought don't in any way contradict the stated policies. While they do change the game experience, so do most other changes Blizzard makes to the game. If you were to argue that Blizzard should offer a free way out here, I can't see how you couldn't extend that argument to basically every other major change Blizzard makes. That isn't how they've ever responded to these kinds of changes before, and I don't see why the addition of CRZ would be any different.
    Yeah, and?

Every time blizzard makes mahor changes, they should offer free transfers or money back etc

What could possibly be wrong with that!

I understand there is no chance of changing anything and I've no problem with pvp.
    Well, for someone with "no problem" with PvP, you sure do seem to be griping a lot.

The thing I find a bit odd is that pve realm players seeming to think they have an opinion on the matter.

Pvp realms it's always been free for all leveling up and once leveled doing anything. Doing your dailies and keep your head on a swivel for those that will swoop in once you engaged something was always the attraction. If you play on a pve realm you really don't know anything about it. It's the whole point to pvp realms and what people that play on them signed up for.

Now the advent of CRZ making low level zones gankfests with level 90's flying around preventing anyone from questing... is not that.

The two examples are not the same thing. One is how it is on pvp realms and the other is just griefing enabled.

Lastly, it's never been unrestricted pvp. There were always restrictions, always places where you were not under the gank threat.
    The most successful tyranny is not the one that uses force to assure uniformity but the one that removes the awareness of other possibilities.